All reviews joe's bar sex shops westbahnhof station hotel is located free wifi transport links large hotel busy road tram line good size very nice stay on foot breakfast buffet beds were comfortable perfect hotel min walk junior suite
Reviewed 22 August 2018

room smelt as if some one with sweaty feet had been in previous and because we entered breakfast room at 6.20 instead of 6.30 opening time my wife was accosted by the head waiter and berated by him also the same treatment was dished out to her by a waitress

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank peterppac
HTA1980, Leiter Front Office at Arcotel Wimberger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback with us. This is the most valuable source for us in order to continuously improve our product and service.
We apologize for the inconveniences during you stay at our hotel. We would have been pleased to help you and change the room. Please be assured that we have passed your feedback to our housekeeping manager and our F&B manager. Further actions have been taken already to avoid such in future.
We hope to welcome you again with us to disprove the experienced.
With kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Finally I take the time to judge the hotel.
I am always excited, great friendly staff at the reception, always very helpful. Room and location very good, parking in the house. very good breakfast, great bar, fantastic restaurant.
Great job Wimberger Team, Thanks for the perfect stay

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Antonio,
We are very glad to learn, that you had a great time with us at the ARCOTEL Wimberger. It is always our aim, to not only meet our guest’s expectation but to exceed them from the beginning of the stay until the departure.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel with your next stay in Vienna.
With best regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night while visiting Vienna for a concert. Great location connected with U bahn and tram. Walking distance from Stadthalle making it a perfect hotel for anyone visiting for a gig there. Safe neighborhood and parking space in garage. Very good breakfast and tidy rooms. Kind personnel at your disposal. Would recommend for a shorter stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time invested in your feedback and for your recommendation.
It made us proud to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us from your arrival to your departure.
We are looking forward to your next stay at our ARCOTEL Wimberger,

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel for few days stay! Across the street you will find trams old and new , very nice feeling to see those trams since I grow up in Europe brings back memories! Nice walking distance to the city center (20’) , good restaurant opposite the hotel with outside terrace on the street level . Nice small hotel , clean rooms ! For people that loves a lot at breakfast , they offer all you can eat for additional price. A nice small hotel just for four days was good enough!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Angie,
thank you very much kind word in your feedback. It made us proud to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at our ARCOTEL Wimberger soon again.
With best regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 8 August 2018

First the basics, then the story.
Great location for transportation, a short walk to the metro, bus and train. 5 minutes to the Westbahnhof, so you can be anywhere rapidly. Area gets a little seedy after dark, but you're near a train station, it is to be expected.

Beds were excellent, breakfast was superb - one of the best I've had in Europe - something for every taste.
Room was comfortable, well arranged bathroom, all 4-star quality. The spa was free for guests, and quite interesting. A very modern irfrared "sauna", and a "hot tub" that was bubbly, but not hot. Very strange, but rather pleasant.

Now the story. I visited the Arcotel on my honeymoon in July, because I booked on Expedia Gold I was promised a suite upgrade and early check-in. I requested 3 red roses in the room to impress my wife. Short version, none of those things happened. "I'm sorry we are full and your room is not yet ready". No early check-in, no upgrade, no flowers. Needless to say I was unhappy.

I very politely made my unhappiness known to the management and they responded. The first day (we stayed 3) we returned to our room to discover 10 white roses. (white? okkkk) Not a bad apology. The second day we were greeted with a knock on the door and a free bottle of champagne on ice, two glasses, along with sweets, fruit and salty snacks. "Compliments of the management". The manager offered to meet with us personally to apologize, but we had to leave early in the morning. The roses, and champagne were "on the house" and the hotel paid our tourist tax as an added bonus. Apology accepted.

I would stay here again for those reasons

1  Thank rmcleodx
HTA1980, Leiter Front Office at Arcotel Wimberger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Mr. McLeod,
We are glade to learn, that we could change this unlucky situation into a pleasant stay.
Also, we are proud to learn, we could convince you with our great breakfast buffet.
We hope you had a save journey and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our ARCOTEL Wimberger.
With best regards from Vienna,