“Made a Booking and a visit did not stay”

Attache Hotel Pension
Ranked #322 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The front of the Hotel is far from welcoming and the area also not wonderful . The front of house guy was rude and very un-welcoming .
The corridors smell and are poorly lit with flickering lights .
The room was very clean and very tidy but not to my taste .
Very noisy and this was a sunday and very warm .
I had booked this Hotel back in January and was told that the policy was 72 hours cancellation policy and felt obliged to to pay for my 2 night stay .
I checked out within 40 minutes as felt that this was not the right Hotel for me or my partner

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I could not believe my good fortune in finding this hotel/pension. I had my own private room with a bath. The staff even brought up a fan for me to use. The rooms were very clean as was the entire hotel. I was on both a tram line and a bus line and was within walking distance of the metro and the downtown area. The price was very reasonable and certainly when you compare the price to other Vienna hotels. The breakfast was good and they even had great cappacino. Check it out. You will like it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank saradennison
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We visited a radiological congress in Vienna and this hotel was nicely situated close to the subway line U1 to Vienna Center. The staff was ok. and the breakfast was very good and adequate. The room was also spacious, though the TV set was ancient. How ever the elevator was old and not so tidy (it was used also by office customers and employees in the same building) as well the carpets in the corridoor. Not big things, but having them fixed the over all appearance would have been a lot better.
Also I wonder, how noisy most central european mid-class hotels are, when somebody flushes the toilet or something. This hotel was no exception in that sense.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2011

+ clean room and toilet, new toilet with glass around the shower, nice breakfast with a good variety, very large windows (bright room) with view at the street, comfortable bed, very close to tram, free wifi in the room

- extremely small room, very hot in there at times, very small elevator, not all the staff was polite, not close to a metro station, a bit expensive, although we stayed there at Christmas 90 euro per night were too much for this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Location was very close to the public transport, U-bahn station was 7 minutes away, and S-bahn stop was right beside the hotel entrance.Close to Belvedere and Karlskirche by foot. Decent breakfast, comfort room but very small room.

But we were unlucky to have poor ventilation in the room, especially crucial during summer time; we stayed at the first floor which faced residence area, so we couldn't leave windows opened.

Overall impression was good- Karlskirche and Belvedere were easy accessible by foot, hotel is a good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

This place is a gem. On the main road into the centre of Vienna with tram stops right outside, the place is quiet, clean and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fresh and well catered. The location is the perfect place to explore Vienna and the surrounds, and with the stunning Vienna public transport, travelling around is a breeze. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and I hope the staff never change. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

On our recent trip to Vienna, my better half and I decided to stay for several days at the Hotel-Pension Attaché, in Vienna’s 4th district, at the intersection Wiedner Hauptstraße and Johann Straußgasse. The Location is ideal: across from the hotel, one boards the street car and reaches in five minutes the Opera on the Ring downtown. Prices are very reasonable. There is limited parking underground available, for a fee (€ 12 per day). Since we had driven to Vienna from Germany, this was welcome; parking space in Vienna is notoriously difficult to find. The reception is multi-lingual, no problem here – though if you arrive back at the hotel late evening, the receptionist could be absent for quite a while; a couple of times I had to go around the counter, to get the room key myself… one wonders about security. The room we got was poky but adequate, as we just needed a pied-à-terre, not much more. It was clean and pleasant. The view from the room, 201, was at the main thoroughfare, Wiedner Hauptstaße; if you opened the window, the din of the traffic was very noticeable. With the windows closed, no problem. Half of the rooms are facing an inner courtyard, so if you prefer real quiet, you may want to specify that when you put in your reservation. We had a well equipped but small bathroom, however, there was no bathtub but only a tiny shower cabin; every time I turned around, I hit with my body the faucet and (almost) turned the shower off. The room also had a mini-bar; nevertheless, the mini-bar refrigerator of yesteryear, though no longer connected, had been left behind a credenza door. There is a breakfast bar (breakfast included in the room price), very well stocked; your usual assortment of cold cuts, cheese, cereals, bacon, eggs; all fresh, as far as I could tell, and more than adequate; coffee out of a futuristic coffee machine, with a number of selections for latte lovers; a wide selection of teas. The breakfast area is pleasantly modern. Service at breakfast, as well as room service, was exceptionally pleasing. We certainly enjoyed our stay and will come back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple