“Right place to stay”

Hotel Viennart am Museumsquartier
Ranked #142 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
“Right place to stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very friendly, the location couldnt be better.. The hot/cold beverage service refreshes you and its a quite well thought idea.. But the wi-fi is not working in upper rooms( we stayed 5th floor) no internet for me during my stay at my room during my stay.. The breakfast is ideal but doesnt worth ?15! There is no Air condition on our room since our room was stardard.. Ask for superior room as well.. I would definetely be there again but next time ? will ask for superior room...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kharkiv, Ukraine
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a business/leisure trip for a week in early June 2014. I was in a single room. It's my second stay in this hotel in the last 3 years, and if anything, this one was better. This hotel has two buildings, the older one facing the street and the newer one in the back. This time I happened to be in the newer building, and it is really better. I suspect that the hotel ran out of standard rooms and I was "bumped up" to a superior one, but the room was very nicely decorated and well-appointed, everything was clean and in good condition. There was a big LCD TV with lots of programs in many languages; the bed was comfortable and it was sufficiently quiet in the night. For the sake of fairness I must mention that my colleagues who were in a room facing the street complained of the noise from the trams on Breite gasse.

Free WiFi worked well, and I used it all the time to check my email. Free drinks were available in the lobby from noon to midnight (tea, coffee, juices, water), which I found very nice and useful.

The breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast with sausages, omelette, fruits, vegetables, coffee. Quite good for me.

The location is great, walking distance to all the main attractions, and if you need subway, Volkstheater station is 2 minutes away.

Overall, I think it's a great hotel for both business traveller and tourist in Vienna (unless you are after luxury, but then you need a different price category). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Leonid
Viennart, Manager at Hotel Viennart am Museumsquartier, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear All,

thank you very much for your frindly comment. We are happy to hear that you had a beautiful stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.

Kind regards,
Hotel Viennart am Museumsquartier
Manager
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is very close to museums, Hofburg, the main shopping street, parks....I was a bit concerned having read a few reviews right after I booked the room - but there was no reason for concern. The room was quite nice, clean and quiet . Loved the design of reception/lobby/breakfast room. The staff was really friendly and unlike many people I had no problems with internet. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located close to the museum quarter and a subway station. We stayed there for 4 nights. The room was clean and the staff was OK (not super friendly, but not rude). However, we had some problems when staying there. First, the internet access was poor. In our room it was almost impossible to use it. It took forever to load any page. Second problem was the breakfast. Although it was good, it was extremely overpriced. I generally have just a hot beverage and a croissant or bread and it was $15 Euros per person. I am sure you can find a less expensive place in the area to have your breakfast. Another thing that it is important to mention is that the rooms do not have air conditioning. Also, the property has kind of a weird design and we had to get stairs to the elevator and stairs from the elevator to reach our room. This would be fine if we did not have 2 big suitcases. Overall, I would rate this hotel as an average one.

Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed one night in May 2014. Adjacent to the Museumsquartier.
It appears they have combined two older properties into one, with a light bright reception area joining the two. Getting to our room involved steps down to the elevator as well as steps from the elevator when we reached the 2nd floor. This was an inconvenience for us, no more. Breitegasse has trams and traffic so it was quite noisy in our room which faced the street. The complimentary beverages and the printer access (for airline check-in) were both useful. The Volkstheater U-Bahn station is quite close.

Room Tip: Away from Breitegasse.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2014

At ~$100 per night on the weekend, close to both the Museum Quarter and a subway stop this hotel was ideal for us. Adding to this a very nice clean and quiet room and we couldn't be happier, except that trying to use the Internet for email and basic information was often trying with impossibly slow data rates or having to log-in again and again to maintain a connection.

We were lucky enough to get a room with air conditioning as well, which apparently isn't standard at this hotel and might be a problem in the summer.

Given the combination of great things, we would definitely stay here again, I can live for a few days off of my phone's network access and live without a wi-fi connection, if needed. Also, rhe excellent restaurant Glacis Beisl is a two minute walk away and is certainly worth at least one lunch or dinner (get a reservation)..

Room Tip: We were upgraded to room 102, a junion suite on the first floor that has air-conditioning. If you ne...
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights at a very reasonable rate when booked direct with hotel, Rooms were clean, warm and comfortable, good breakfast, there is a lovely lounge in the lobby area where you can help yourself to hot drinks or juices free of charge all day. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any queries we had re tourism or ordering taxi's etc. Free wifi was good and there is a computer and printer in the lobby that was free to use. Location was perfect for us with tram passing the door and metro just around the cnr with only a couple stops to centre of town. Short walk to major shopping strip, lots of good eateries close by. There is a stairway almost opposite that takes you to the Museum quarter in mins, also close proximity to Palace and other culture centres. We found a market about 10 min walk. We loved our stay and highly recommend hotel. Wish we had to time to stay longer in Vienna.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Viennart, Manager at Hotel Viennart am Museumsquartier, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks a lot for your feedback and the time you spent for writing it! We are very pleased fo rall the positiv words about our hotel ViennArt, its location and our staff!
If you come to viena again, we would be happy to host you! Just contact us! Greetings from your hotel ViennArt-Team!