“Great hotel for a great price!”

Hotel Viennart am Museumsquartier
Ranked #140 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Nice, France
“Great hotel for a great price!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is in a perfect spot to visit tons of museums without going too far, and also the metro is very close which allows you moving easy in the city as well as from and to the airport.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious (best bacon ever!!!!).
The rooms were very comfy, incredibly clean (as always in Austria) and even though we didn't have AC in the room, they did put a fan which made it nice and fresh. Very quite as well.
All and all, when I go back to Vienna I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank irinosky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just a short walk from the restaurants and exhibitions in the Museumquartier, the Mariahilfe Strasse for shopping and many of Vienna's beautiful buildings. It's very pleasant to spend time in the bright hotel foyer, especially with access to free teas and coffees. I thought the breakfast choice was good - there can't be too many hotels where you can do your own juicing!

It was a shame that I found my room such a disappointment. It was decidedly utilitarian and what I would expect to find in a budget hotel not a four star one, even if it was a standard room.

I must thank the staff who were extremely helpful when I hurt my knee and coped so well with my questions and requests, which were entirely in English. I was a little surprised, though, when I was charged €15 for a call to my insurance company, which I was invited to make on the hotel's phone prior to going off to hospital late at night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

4 star hotel ~~ that's not true! I don't get that how this hotel is rated as a 4 star hotel! No air conditioning in 33 degrees , small rooms and beds! Rude staff! Hot breakfast ~~ need to pay 15 euros per person which they don't mention on the Internet! Don't just try. look someplace else. You will find a much better place !!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank flyingkim1
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

mother stayed at this hotel and I stayed at Admiral hotel(maybe 50 steps away from Viennart, so, Viennart was better decorated, lobby is very sweet, and, room was also okay,
very good, because it wasnt far from center of Vienna, ... enjoy guys

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very friendly, the location couldnt be better.. The hot/cold beverage service refreshes you and its a quite well thought idea.. But the wi-fi is not working in upper rooms( we stayed 5th floor) no internet for me during my stay at my room during my stay.. The breakfast is ideal but doesnt worth ?15! There is no Air condition on our room since our room was stardard.. Ask for superior room as well.. I would definetely be there again but next time ? will ask for superior room...

Kharkiv, Ukraine
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a business/leisure trip for a week in early June 2014. I was in a single room. It's my second stay in this hotel in the last 3 years, and if anything, this one was better. This hotel has two buildings, the older one facing the street and the newer one in the back. This time I happened to be in the newer building, and it is really better. I suspect that the hotel ran out of standard rooms and I was "bumped up" to a superior one, but the room was very nicely decorated and well-appointed, everything was clean and in good condition. There was a big LCD TV with lots of programs in many languages; the bed was comfortable and it was sufficiently quiet in the night. For the sake of fairness I must mention that my colleagues who were in a room facing the street complained of the noise from the trams on Breite gasse.

Free WiFi worked well, and I used it all the time to check my email. Free drinks were available in the lobby from noon to midnight (tea, coffee, juices, water), which I found very nice and useful.

The breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast with sausages, omelette, fruits, vegetables, coffee. Quite good for me.

The location is great, walking distance to all the main attractions, and if you need subway, Volkstheater station is 2 minutes away.

Overall, I think it's a great hotel for both business traveller and tourist in Vienna (unless you are after luxury, but then you need a different price category). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Leonid
Viennart, Manager at Hotel Viennart am Museumsquartier, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear All,

thank you very much for your frindly comment. We are happy to hear that you had a beautiful stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.

Kind regards,