“Spot on”

GreenLeadersGold level
Yorkshire
“Spot on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip, just wanted to say a huge thanks to Nenad on reception for the massive help given during my stay.

The rooms were clean and fresh with a great breakfast with loads of choice.

The hotel is ideally located for local amenities

See you again soon

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DonauwalzerOwner, Owner at Boutique Hotel Donauwalzer, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear YorkshireWalls,
How nice to read such positive comments of our guests!
We are glad to read to you entirely enjoyed your stay with us!
We really hope to welcome you here with us and remain
with best regards from Vienna
Fam. Kluss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Constanta, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I went to this hotel this week..was very impressed by the services when i booked with my agency this hotel but ever since i got there i wanted to leave home.First of all me and my husband went with his mother to have an operation in AKH hospital.From the second we checked in I asked if we can get a room more quiet..not near the street cause I saw that the subway and the tram were near..They told us that it;s not possible since we booked a triple room.I asked the receptionist very nice...I explained her that we really need a quiet room since my mother in law had to rest after the surgery.They said that they coudnt because we have a triple room.
Than we went in the room which was a very small room for 3 persons..one little closed with 6 hangers and 5-6 shelves..than the beds were 2 beds and on the bottom of those beds was a pliable bad very low and much smaller than the other 2.Not to mention that the toillet is away from the sink so you have to get out from the toillet,inside the room and enter the second bathroom that has a sink and a shower.Didnt liked the floors either cause they were old and did a lot of noise when u got up from bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
This is what I dont understand..why didint they give us another room,a quiet one like I asked when there was that awfull bed pliable??I would have understood if they couldnt carrie the bed..but...??
Also I want to mention that on booking,com is said that the wirelless is free..but when u get to the hotel is 3 euro per hour,16 euro 48 hours...not even for the room..If u pay the wirelless they give u just an account and passward..so if ur husband wants to put the username and pass on his phone its not possible.
They also say that if u stay in the bar and buy drinks u have free wirelless..they give u only for one hour and only one account.Plus I needed to call somebody on viber and my Iphone didnt even saw their connection..was very bad..
No complains about the breakfast,or personal,was very kind( except 2 receptionists-one that didnt talked english and that one that didnt wanted to change my room)..and the cleaning is very good.They cleaned the room every day and change the towells.
I would not return to his hotel if I were to come again in Vienna.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pucca P
Dear Pucca P.,
Many thanks for your review.
I have read your comments and thank you for providing us with your feedback. I regret that you did not appreciate your room during your stay. The hotel was completely sold out so we could not offer any alternative 3 bedded room to you and your family.
Allow me to add , that WIFI is free for the guests who book directly at our hotel or over booking,com.
Once again we regret, that you during your stay in Vienna did not feel comfortable at our hotel and we hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Best regards
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Perfeclean and efficient room service. Fair value for the pricect hospitality very friendly staff ready to answer any questions and request a room.Ctzt hotel location far from the center and main attractions, but using public transportation card (very effective) everything becomes very accessible. In short the perfect vacation.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank itzik p
Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting my son. The hotel was comfortable with friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is well appointed for both the tram and the underground and the city center is well within walking distance. The reviewer who stated the area was not so good should try finding a central location for this price? I was staying alone in the hotel and felt quite safe walking from the train in the evenings. The breakfast was substantial with lots of choice.
The only downside for me was no coffee/tea facilities in the room but this appears standard in Europe.
I will recommend and stay here when I visit my son again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank deb n
DonauwalzerOwner, Owner at Boutique Hotel Donauwalzer, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear deb n.,
Than you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Vienna, and thank you for having taken the time to write a review on us.
We are glad to read, that we could meet your expectations and that you were satisfied not only with our good services, but also with our good location near the centre.
We hope welcoming you and your and friends with families soon again and remain,
with a friendly “Servus” from Vienna,
Fam. Kluss & the entire Team
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Everything was really good, the staff were helpful. Rooms are nice and the breakfast was excellent. Parking there a bit difficult but the staff also help in it. I recommend this hotel.See you next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zita9
DonauwalzerOwner, Manager at Boutique Hotel Donauwalzer, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Zita9,
Thank you very much for your review.
The excellent location and the rich buffet breakfast ist not the only reason our guests book Hotel Donauwalzer, it is the friendlyness of our staff that brings us so many returning and satisfied guests.
We are loooking forward to welcoming you in Vienna again and remain
With best regards
Fam. Kluss & the entire team
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Me and my husband went on a vacation trip with another couple during the 1st week of December 2013. The neighborhood was not so good but it is very close to 2 metro stations and a tram station. The breakfast was mediocre and too many times they served not fresh desserts and cakes. The front desk was very helpful and pleasant but there was a person during our check out who was almost rude when we were trying to pay with our credit cards. She was talking on the phone all the time and did not help us at all. Even when we left she was still talking on the phone and she did not even wave her hand for goodbye. Ok girl relax. We did not do anything. We did not speak your language and we were trying to charge a card by ourselves with a machine displaying German language.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ράνια Σ
Dear ranias552,
Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Vienna, and thank you for having taken the time to write a review on us.
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused the check-out. .
We very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Hotel Donauwalzer and remain
With a friendly "Servus" from Vienna
Chernivtsi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed already second time at Donauwalzer and can warmly recommend it to all other travellers. As ever the breakfast was very reach and tasty and the staff was very friendly. I got a large room on the 4th floor to the street, which had pritty nice view over the city. The traffic noise wasn't an issue with closed windows. Nex time in Vienna I'll surely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Oleh B
Dear Oleh B,
Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hotel Donauwalzer and your positive remarks.
We hope welcoming you again and remain,
with a friendly “Servus” from Vienna,