IntercityHotel Vienna
HolidayInn.com
US$155
US$129
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree transport cardbusiness roomexcellent locationunder groundthe main shopping streetpublic transportairport busrooms are cleannice hotelwestbahnhof stationhotel is locatedair conditioningthe room was nicefew minutes walkenjoyed my staypleasant stayyogurt
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel has a perfect location, very close to Vienna's Westbahnhof and other connection possibilities (U-Bahn, S-Bahn, buses - also non-stop one to the airport). As an InterCity guest one gets the day ticket for the local transportation - very nice touch!

But that is all...

The room and bathroom were tiny and very spartan, with two people making it crowded. Awful towels, very uncomfortable bed, no air-condition so you can imagine how it is unbearable in Summer.

I will never pick up this particular hotel again, or recommend it to people I like.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night (instead of two). The hotel is conveniently located at the Westbahnhof. The room itself is ok. It is very small and it smells weirdly. However the lack of air conditioning is horrible. I could not sleep at night, the window was open but it was incredibly hot in the room. Plus I did find a dark hair on the bed…never ever again!
The bathroom is ok, quite big for such a small room. The ticket for public transportation is great. I did change the hotel after the first night as I couldn’t stand not sleeping for another night. Why on earth is there no aircon in the rooms? I really can’t recommend the hotel, maybe during the winter when there’s no need for air conditioning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had stayed before ( in winter) so when I spent a night in Vienna I choose inter city again as I was coming by train from Germany. It is handy to the Westbanhof station and easy enough to find. It is also close to the underground U train and trams. You also get a free public transport pass for your stay. The rooms were good size , clean and modern. The only down side was that it was very warm when we stayed this time and it does not have air con or fans.
The staff were helpful enough and provide maps and advice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had to catch a train the next morning, and this hotel was very convenient to the West Bahnhof. The hotel was pleasant enough - the room was small and non-descript, but very clean -and a bargain for the price I paid. The downside? There was no air conditioning, and the room was a sweatbox. I know Vienna was going through a heat wave, but it was ridiculous. They had a tiny fan on the night table, but it was a joke. Even with the window open it was unbearable. I would stay in the spring, fall, and winter, but never again in the summer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Location is -simply- Perfect, 2 minutes walk to the metro station(U3), 3 min. to tram, 4 min.to airport bus, 5 min. to train, all stations are called "West bahnhof. The hotel staff provided us with a 3 day pass for "Free" public transport pass, so you can wonder around, from the minute you arrive to the hotel.
In the area around the hotel you will find all types of shops, restaurants, coffee shops."Maria hilfer St" is one of the very good shopping streets in Vienna, and the hotel is over looking this street.
The room is clean and staff is pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple