“Faultless hotel in a quiet location.”
Review of K+K Palais Hotel

K+K Palais Hotel
Ranked #37 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel without any reservations. I had an excellent five night stay there and will certainly use it again when I am in Vienna.

Although I have been to Austria several times, I had never been to Vienna. I decided to use some of my air miles (can’t get used to Avios!) to book a short break. As usual, I booked the package through BA and the K+K Palais came up on the list of hotels. In view of the good Tripadvisor reviews I decided to book it.

Transfer from the airport was unbelievably easy. Probably the simplest transfer I have ever done. I caught the Vienna Airport Bus from just outside the terminal building to Morzinplatz. It took 20 minutes and cost €8.00. There is a bus every 30 minutes. It is only a five minute walk to the hotel from the bus stop.

Hotel check in was very quick and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I had emailed in advance for a quiet room and sure enough, I had a room which was probably the quietest I have had in the many hotels I have stayed in. My room (301) was at the back of the hotel. Rooms at the front have a view over Rudolfsplatz Square and park. Although there were cars parked around the square I never actually saw one in motion! A room at the front would have a better view and, I think, still be very quiet.

There are a few restaurants and bars in the area surrounding the hotel and they are all very easy to find. There are also two supermarkets, Hofer and Billa. Bothe sell a good range of fresh food etc. Ideal for buying rolls etc for a day out. They do not, however, open on Sunday’s.

As many other reviewers have observed, the breakfasts are excellent. The usual range of cold meats, fruit, bread rolls, scrambled eggs etc, etc. The dining room was usually very busy but the friendly and efficient staff worked very hard to ensure that food was replenished regularly. They also circulated regularly with coffee for refills. Another reviewer has commented on the lack of English language newspapers. Every day I was there I found a copy of the Financial Times so maybe the reviewer was unlucky.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but there is a small bar in the reception area. I did not, however, use it so cannot comment.

My room was very clean. The bed and pillows were exceptionally comfortable and I slept like a log. It was not a large room and comparable with the average size of rooms in New York hotels. It was, however, perfectly adequate and, contrary to some reviews, did have a bath. It also had a mini bar and free tea and coffee. On arrival there were two bottles of water but, when used, they were not replaced.

Wi Fi is free and very fast. I asked for the code at reception and, once logged in, I was kept logged in for the whole stay. There are also computer workstations near reception and a business lounge.

As I have already mentioned, the hotel is very close to the Airport Bus stop. It is also very close the Schwedenplatz and Scottenring U Bahn stations and tram stops. I recommend buying a travel pass if staying for a few days. One for three days costs €14.50 and gives unlimited travel on the ultra efficient Vienna public transport system. The hotel is in a good location for those wishing to explore Vienna on foot.

So, all in all, an excellent trip and an excellent stay at this great hotel. Despite being on the move for the whole time, there was still a lot I didn’t see. A return trip is, therefore, essential and I will certainly be staying at the highly recommendable K+K Palais.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank ST1951

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent a week at the hotel from 2nd September. Lovely room 407 very quiet facing the park.
Hotel modern and very clean.
Staff very helpful. - Left a bottle of champagne for our Anniversary.
Good location - had taxi via hotel from airport and then used airport bus to go back.
Included in our room rate was Vienna card with entrance to one of the Palace's.

Room Tip: Paid extra for an Executive Room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carola59
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Reception and all staff very friendly and helpfull. Bedroom was a good size bathroom and shower great. Breakfast was fine with a good quality selection. The breakfast room was raraley that crowded. The hotel is a modernised historic building facing a park on a quiet side street. A good location for most sites. The airport bus stop is a five minute walk away as is the underground. The bus from the airport was 8 euros and took about 25 minutes it leaves every half hour. The hotel was generaly quiet and had a relaxed feel to it. I would ceratinly return and have no hesitation recommending.

Room Tip: our room facing the park was fine
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and one year old daughter stayed at K+K for three nights in September of 2013. The location of the hotel was very peaceful while still within walking distance to many of the city's attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. After a couple days, I even warmed up to the sinister paintings of clowns hung on the walls of my room. The breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel was very well maintained and spotlessly clean and the bedrooms although a little on the small side (which we expected) were very quiet. The hotel is located in a quieter part of Vienna, near the Danube yet only a ten minute walk from the main street, Stephensplatz and the nearest Metro station was just under ten minutes walk. The quality and choice of Continental items at breakfast was very good indeed, lots of breads, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, fresh fruit, jams and juices etc. When we return to Vienna, we will definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

During my recent stay in Vienna, there was a student celebration and parade which closed down the streets in the first district from 12 to 8pm. The K & K is located in a very quiet square with a small park in front of it. Even with the celebation and parade, it was relatively peaceful and quiet.
The staff of the hotel are very accomodating and very skillfully scheduled my tours, concerts,day trips and dinner. The breakfast program is good as it started at 6:30am and served a while range of foods. The room was large, clean and had a very comfortable queen side bed. In the evening the cab drivers had difficulty, as the streets had recently been changed from two way to one way.
Get off at the corner to save time. The hotel has a small restuarant which serves a nice light lunch. There are a few restaurants near the hotel. On the other side of the square is a fantastic
Asian restuarant. My stay was very successful thanks to the outstanding personnel of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel in August 2013. The weather was very hot and our room did have air conditioning. Otherwise it would have been unbearable. The location on rudolfplatz was within walking distance of st Stephens cathedral and shopping but we had to take a taxi to the schonnbrunn. Room seemed rather dark, no view, small and rug was worn and dirty. It needs to be replaced. Staff nice English good.

• Stayed: August 2013