“Excellent.”

Ranked #40 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Excellent.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Although at the beginning I booked another hotel, with free cancellation, due to its price for a triple room I kept searching for another. At the end I found K +K Palais Hotel, which was far cheaper than the other one.
Unfortunately the time we had to spend there was very limited. We arrived at around 11:00pm from a flight from Prague, and checked out at around 09:30am. The check in was very swift, the guy at reception had the check in form already filled in, and the only thing I had to do was check its correctness and sign it.
The hotel inside looked exceptionally good, clean and welcoming.
The room was on the large side (room 404), exceptionally clean and had everything we could need.
The shower was large and the bed was the largest I slept in.
Breakfast buffet was very good with many items, hot and cold to choose from.
Although we checked out early in the morning, we left our luggage there and returned in the afternoon. We went into the business room, where we had free coffee and water and rested there until our taxi arrived to take us to the airport.
Everybody was very helpful there and it's location is very central, about 8 to 10 minutes away on foot from St. Stephan's cathedral.
The area of the hotel is very quiet at night as well as during the day.
I highly recommend this hotel to any one. I wish we had more time to spend there, but if I visit Vienna again I will certainly stay there, if the price is right.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sophivosCyprus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Really nice hotel in a quiet square, yet city sights are very accessible.
Rooms clean, airy and comfy beds.
Breakfasts very good, fresh fruits pastries, cereals, also hot food.
What sets it apart from lots of other hotels are the staff, they were friendly, extremely kind and very helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Executive room which overlooked the Square, and which had lots of space and was quie...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M F
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel without any reservations. I had an excellent five night stay there and will certainly use it again when I am in Vienna.

Although I have been to Austria several times, I had never been to Vienna. I decided to use some of my air miles (can’t get used to Avios!) to book a short break. As usual, I booked the package through BA and the K+K Palais came up on the list of hotels. In view of the good Tripadvisor reviews I decided to book it.

Transfer from the airport was unbelievably easy. Probably the simplest transfer I have ever done. I caught the Vienna Airport Bus from just outside the terminal building to Morzinplatz. It took 20 minutes and cost €8.00. There is a bus every 30 minutes. It is only a five minute walk to the hotel from the bus stop.

Hotel check in was very quick and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I had emailed in advance for a quiet room and sure enough, I had a room which was probably the quietest I have had in the many hotels I have stayed in. My room (301) was at the back of the hotel. Rooms at the front have a view over Rudolfsplatz Square and park. Although there were cars parked around the square I never actually saw one in motion! A room at the front would have a better view and, I think, still be very quiet.

There are a few restaurants and bars in the area surrounding the hotel and they are all very easy to find. There are also two supermarkets, Hofer and Billa. Bothe sell a good range of fresh food etc. Ideal for buying rolls etc for a day out. They do not, however, open on Sunday’s.

As many other reviewers have observed, the breakfasts are excellent. The usual range of cold meats, fruit, bread rolls, scrambled eggs etc, etc. The dining room was usually very busy but the friendly and efficient staff worked very hard to ensure that food was replenished regularly. They also circulated regularly with coffee for refills. Another reviewer has commented on the lack of English language newspapers. Every day I was there I found a copy of the Financial Times so maybe the reviewer was unlucky.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but there is a small bar in the reception area. I did not, however, use it so cannot comment.

My room was very clean. The bed and pillows were exceptionally comfortable and I slept like a log. It was not a large room and comparable with the average size of rooms in New York hotels. It was, however, perfectly adequate and, contrary to some reviews, did have a bath. It also had a mini bar and free tea and coffee. On arrival there were two bottles of water but, when used, they were not replaced.

Wi Fi is free and very fast. I asked for the code at reception and, once logged in, I was kept logged in for the whole stay. There are also computer workstations near reception and a business lounge.

As I have already mentioned, the hotel is very close to the Airport Bus stop. It is also very close the Schwedenplatz and Scottenring U Bahn stations and tram stops. I recommend buying a travel pass if staying for a few days. One for three days costs €14.50 and gives unlimited travel on the ultra efficient Vienna public transport system. The hotel is in a good location for those wishing to explore Vienna on foot.

So, all in all, an excellent trip and an excellent stay at this great hotel. Despite being on the move for the whole time, there was still a lot I didn’t see. A return trip is, therefore, essential and I will certainly be staying at the highly recommendable K+K Palais.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank ST1951
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent a week at the hotel from 2nd September. Lovely room 407 very quiet facing the park.
Hotel modern and very clean.
Staff very helpful. - Left a bottle of champagne for our Anniversary.
Good location - had taxi via hotel from airport and then used airport bus to go back.
Included in our room rate was Vienna card with entrance to one of the Palace's.

Room Tip: Paid extra for an Executive Room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carola59
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Reception and all staff very friendly and helpfull. Bedroom was a good size bathroom and shower great. Breakfast was fine with a good quality selection. The breakfast room was raraley that crowded. The hotel is a modernised historic building facing a park on a quiet side street. A good location for most sites. The airport bus stop is a five minute walk away as is the underground. The bus from the airport was 8 euros and took about 25 minutes it leaves every half hour. The hotel was generaly quiet and had a relaxed feel to it. I would ceratinly return and have no hesitation recommending.

Room Tip: our room facing the park was fine
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and one year old daughter stayed at K+K for three nights in September of 2013. The location of the hotel was very peaceful while still within walking distance to many of the city's attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. After a couple days, I even warmed up to the sinister paintings of clowns hung on the walls of my room. The breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel was very well maintained and spotlessly clean and the bedrooms although a little on the small side (which we expected) were very quiet. The hotel is located in a quieter part of Vienna, near the Danube yet only a ten minute walk from the main street, Stephensplatz and the nearest Metro station was just under ten minutes walk. The quality and choice of Continental items at breakfast was very good indeed, lots of breads, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, fresh fruit, jams and juices etc. When we return to Vienna, we will definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple