“Great hotel for a city break”
Review of K+K Palais Hotel

K+K Palais Hotel
Ranked #36 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a long weekend in Vienna. It was everything you could wish for, comfortable, clean, modern. The staff were excellent, especially Bobby who gave us great advice, booked our tickets and recommended some great restaurants.
This hotel is easy walking distance to virtually everywhere you would want to go in Vienna and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dobdotcom

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel, service was wonderful, rooms were stylish, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet is very nice. The location is terrific, the nearest train station is Schottenring, which is about a three minute walk. Stephensdom is about a 10 minute walk. Great hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank nibianc2
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the K+K Palais Hotel in April 2014. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, yet central, at a walking distance from many attractions Vienna has to offer. Room was very clean and comfy. Unfortunately there was only one little window with absolutely no
view on the outside. Apart from this minor disappointment, I have to say the service was excellent. Everyone there was extremely nice and tried to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Would definitely stay there again on a next trip to the gorgeous city of Vienna!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

What a lovely hotel to stay at to see the sights of Vienna. This hotel is decorated simply, yet very stylish and pretty. The room was comfortable, airy and clean. The bathroom was very plush and sparkly clean. The double bed was so comfy, I didn't want to get out of it each morning! The hotel room boasted an amazing stainless steel kettle which put the UK's version to shame! The staff were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good, obviously the European 'fry up' is not quite the same as in the UK! But the continental breakfast was lovely. The hotel has a small bistro and the food was yummy. The location is about 10 to 15 minutes walk to the main restaurants and shopping areas. All in all a beautiful place to stay which I would highly recommend any day of the week

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqui C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Brilliant location - less than 5 mins walk from Moritzplatz where the airport bus arrives/departs (EURO 13 for return ticket). Hotel was very clean and welcoming. The staff were lovely and helpful. Breakfast was terrific (we used the sparkling wine to make bucks fizz!) and the Financial Times Weekend was available over the weekend that we stayed. It's an easy walk into the heart of the city from here and there is a Spar a few minutes away for any last minute purchases. The square that the hotel overlooks is quiet and there was no road noise. The bathroom was great. I will be visiting again and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Lydia_Watson2011
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was my third stay at the K+K Palais since September 2013 and I have another booking for September this year. Now that I have found this superb hotel I will not consider staying anywhere else in Vienna. My thanks go to the manager, Sarah Bauboeck and all the staff for their great work and for making my stays so enjoyable.

I have written reviews for my previous stays and am probably repeating what I have already written. As this is such a wonderful hotel it does, however, give me pleasure to spend time writing another review.

The hotel is set in a very quiet location overlooking a small park. There are several bars and restaurants in the area and also two supermarkets within a hundred or so metres. Transfer to the hotel by airport bus is unbelievably easy and quick. The bus stop is on Mortzinplatz which is a five minute walk from the hotel. A single ticket costs €8.00. My plane landed at 13.55 and I was in my room by 14.45 probably the swiftest transfer and check in I have ever had. The U Bahn and trams are within easy walking distance of the hotel. The Viennese public transport system is one of the best in the world and I can thoroughly recommend buying a travel pass which gives unlimited use of public transport. I buy a three day card at a cost of €15.40 and it is exceptional value. Having said that, almost all the main Vienna attractions are within easy walking distance of the hotel but the pass is useful for those who wish to travel a bit further afield.

The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly. As I am a light sleeper I always request a room at the back of the hotel. I am grateful for being allocated the same room each time I have stayed there. It is like home from home! To be quite honest, the hotel is set in such a quiet location that rooms overlooking the park would not be noisy and they have a great view.

Buffet breakfast is outstanding. A wide range of hot and cold food. The staff work hard serving tea and coffee and replenishing food. The hotel has a small bar close to the reception area. As I haven't used it I can't comment on the range of drinks or prices. I have found the Business Lounge very useful. Although rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, it is quite nice to relax in the comfortable armchairs in the lounge. It has facilities for making hot drinks and there is also a desktop pc with printer so it is possible to check in for flights and to print off boarding passes. Throughout the hotel Wi Fi is free and fast.

Although not relevant to the hotel review, during my last trip I spent a day in Bratislava. It is a one hour train ride from Vienna and a return ticket costs €15.00. This also includes the use of buses in Bratislava. Trains run hourly and it makes for a very pleasant day out.

I can thoroughly recommend the K+K Palais without hesitation and I am really looking forward to my next stay there in September. I can only suggest that you try it. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Again, my sincere thanks to the manager and all the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank ST1951
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hotel is at perfect location 5 min of walking of City center. Sleep button at remote control :), perfect breakfast including salmon and variety of cheese. Staff friendly and polite, nerarby garrage for 18 EUR per day. Completely satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business