We stayed a long weekend in a Privilege room for a very attractive price (we booked direct at the website of the hotel). What are these beds comfortable, a real pleasure to lay down. It is a pity there is so much to see in Vienna that there is no time for a siesta.
The room is extremely clean and beautifully decorated in a Gustav Klimt style. The hotel is very centrally located: you walk easily to the centre, Museum Kwartier, Kunsthistorisches Museum (a must!), main shopping streets etc. are nearby. It is located next to a subway station, so from the airport you take train S7 (euro 4 from the vending machine you see on the way) to station Praterstern / Wien Nord, there you buy a ticket for the subway U2, the purple line, direction Karlstadt (euro 2) and get of at subway station Rathaus. Take exit Jozefsplatz, exiting the subway station the hotel is a walk of about 5 minutes. Go straight ahead, cross a big street and the next alley on your right is the Jozefsgasse, 150 meters on your right is the hotel. Free wifi.
We enjoyed Schloss Schonbrunn and a concert there in the evening (you need the subway to get there), Kunsthistorisches Museum, Schatzkammer, and Upper Belvedere museum (for the impressive Kiss of Gustav Klimt). We had very good and cheap Thai food at the Nassmarkt (closed on Sunday).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien am Rathaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna