I had taken a Group to stay at this Hotel in Aug 2014. Except for its location, which is walking distance from all attractions, I think Accor should review about keeping this Hotel on its Franchise List. I had booked this Hotel directly instead of my Agent in Vienna, only because of the mails sent by the Reservation Head, that the Hotel would provide us the best of services. We were promised Tea/Coffee Makers in the Rooms, but when we arrived we were told that the Hotel only provides the Kettle & would charge 2 Euros for one set of tea/coffee/milk & sugar sachets per room per day. Being a Group Leader, I spoke to the GM, a lady, & was told that the Hotel does not follow Accor Rules because its a Franchisee.
I had never heard of such a rule during my long association with the Tourism Industry & especially in Accor Hotels, which I have been promoting because of the wonderful standards mantained by them worldwide. After a rough talk, I was able to convince the Manager & we started getting the sachets for the next 3 days.
Next point that came up from most of my Group members was that the they were experiencing electric power failure in their rooms & I was given the excuse that it was due to the switching on of the kettle, which means that the Hotel does not cater to this load in the rooms.
The Lift had a problem & some of my Group members felt the lift fall a few feet before coming to a halt, which is dangerous & could happen to anyone.
This just shows that the owners of the Hotel take the Accor for granted & do not take any negative reviews seriously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien am Rathaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna