Hotel Wandl
HolidayInn.com
US$161
US$129
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationsingle roomshower screenchurch bellsheart of the citycentral locationhotel is cleantwo blocksair conditioningbeautiful roomfour star hotelhotel is excellentmain shoppingwalking distancebreakfast was includedstandard roomhofburg palace
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had been provided with a lot of useful information about my trip in Vienna through emails before I arrived the hotel. The hotel situated near the train station and could have been found easily if it has big sign. Located in the centre of the city, it is a good place to stay for tour in Vienna.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Wandl, Vienna for 4 nights in early December, 2013. The location is perfect, just steps from the Graben but in a quiet street. The hotel has been managed by the same family for many generations. It is charming, a beautiful spiral staircase leads to the upper floors ( of course there are elevators). The staff is welcoming, well informed and professional. The rooms were larger than expected for a hotel in the heart of the city. The rooms were very nice, spotlessly clean. A generous buffet breakfast is served in a lovely dining room. We had a 5 a.m. departure from the hotel, the night host served delicious coffee and we were given a meal to go of sandwiches, fruit and cookies. We treasure the memory of staying there and hope to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeorgiaGirl2011
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

... But i stayed here in December and last time I was in hotel Graben and this was much better. I have got a spacious room, good comfort, well heated room quick and polite service. My window opened to the street. Breakfast is not extraorinary but ok.

Maybe useful: no minibar in the room, the bar is closed by midnight.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We spent 4 nights here without a hitch. Nice little bar in the lobby, good breakfast, nice comfortable clean rooms, great location in the Center of old town Vienna. Good live music in several places nearby, classical mostly, every night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J S
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have never stayed in a hotel that has been so uncomfortable!
I booked my room through the congress organisers for 5 nights, working from Friday through to Wednesday. The room I stayed in for the first two nights was 421, it had a window that opened onto an atrium and there was no fresh air. It was next to the lift and incredibly noisy. I complained and requested a move and the staff really we're not interested in helping me at all.
So night two again I couldn't sleep, it was noisy and a really warm I'd have to say suffocating! I got up and turned the light on in the middle of the night and the light flickered on and off! I tried to turn it off but it continued flickering, at 2:30 I had to be moved to a single room so I could get try to get 3 hours sleep before I had to go to work!
The next day they finally moved me to a better room and I managed to catch up on two nights of no sleep.
What was really disappointing was the men at reception did not give a damn that I was there on business for five nights, they kept trying to explain the booking system on the computer, like that was going to make me feel better. They kept saying open the window and turn the heater off, the heater was never was never on!!!
The hotel has the worst design with the inner window faced the other rooms and corridors and there was screaming in the hotel.
It was a nightmare, the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel anywhere in the world!!!!
The girls on reception were far more polite and concerned than the men, it was a great location but I would never stay there or recommend any stay there!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business