“Furstenhof Vienna”
Review of Hotel Furstenhof

Hotel Furstenhof
Ranked #197 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Would definitely go back to this hotel if I get a chance to do so. I loved my stay out here. This is a lovely hotel with a perfect location to match. It provides a sumptuous breakfast buffet which helps make your morning perfect.

Room Tip: Take an outward facing room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Furstenhof

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I love this hotel. It is old fashioned in a very good way. Sparkling clean and very quiet. Very fast free wifi. Uber helpful staff....nothing is too much trouble. Comfy bed, lovely pillows. Good breakfast buffet.....even have soya milk. Really great location. Opposite tube. Easy walk to old city. Would return in a heartbeat. A haven of lovely quirkiness. Can't think of a single negative thing to say.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GoneFishingLondon
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Perfect location, especially if you're arriving from the Westbahnhof, or travelling somewhere else from there. The staff were very helpful, spoke perfect English, and gave me useful information that helped me the next day when I navigated the train system across Austria. The room was really decent, and there is a good, cheap buffet breakfast available.

I arrived at the hotel travelling alone, directly after 3 international flights -- and they managed to make me feel welcome and at home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally E
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Right across the street from the West Bahnhof, U line and tram. Great neighborhood with lots of shopping, cafes, etc. and easy access to public transportation to do sightseeing. We had a huge room with 3 beds for 4 of us. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is old and a bit chic-shabby, but very clean. Only downside was that room was located on busy street so street traffic is quite loud. We were exhausted at the end of our busy days sightseeing so it wasn't a huge issue, but be aware. Also no air conditioning but could keep windows open for fresh, cool air. They offer breakfast but we just took our meals at local bakeries and cafes just around the corner or at the train station. Lots of shopping and cafes available in newly renovated train station including a grocery store.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stefanie D
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Bathroom was small but really good. No A/C and it was 90 degrees. Front desk got us a fan that helped. Was quiet, room on inside of buildings. Quad was fairly big. Front desk ok. Very old inside. Needs to be re-done, start with the carpet. Right next to the train station was why we chose it. Far from downtown area if walking. Even at the price, we wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pbirdie3
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The hotel is opposite the Westbahnhof ( you would arrive there from Switzerland/Germany).It is served by underground lines U3 & U6 plus a host of tram routes. Everyone spoke English and were very helpful i.e. when one of the pins pulled out of my 13A-2 pin adapter they lent me one every night to charge my phone/camera. I was staying three nights and had booked months ahead so perhaps this is why I was given Room No. 2, huge and at the side of the hotel so very quite. Apart from the normal dreadful continental duvet there was also a soft blanket so I slept every night! Breakfast had a good selection with those lovely soft rolls which I cannot find in En gland. I eat every night at the Europe Westend restaurant next door and can thoroughly recommend it, décor pure pre-first world war I would say. I was sorry to leave the hotel and would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger J
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Station hotels generally leave me cold, even the more expensive ones. But the Hotel Furstenhof exemplified my expectations of the style of a Viennese hotel. Charmingly 'in character', it's old fashioned look was not matched by it's service which was very current, very friendly and helpful, sparklingly clean and a clientele set who could have jumped out of the pages of an Agatha Christie novel. Ask for a room at the back - we had one opposite a disused church - and then you can 'open' all windows, it was very hot when we were there, and not experience any noise problem. We don't like air conditioning so the wide open windows were bliss. The room was large and airy, the bathroom cleanliness exemplary. The cleaner said good morning. Viennese coffee is strong, so watch out, even you Parisians, but breakfast was a plentiful supply of breads, cold meats, cheese, jams and yoghurt mixes..

Room Tip: Chose one at the back if you want the windows open
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple