“Wonderful location”

Ranked #13 of 110 Vienna B&B and Inns
Central Oregon, Oregon
“Wonderful location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked our three night stay here based on other TA reviews and we were not disappointed. We had a wonderful large corner room with high ceiling and windows on two sides and a comfortable bed. There was a nice table and chairs, allowing us to sit and read very comfortably. Klaus, the owners son, was extremely helpful with suggestions and directions. His recommendation for dinner at Restaurant Pustner, an excellent restaurant with good Austrian food was perfect, and within walking distance. Breakfast was always ready as soon as we sat down and was delicious and plentiful. Coffee was very good. We walked everywhere and it was nice to come "home" to such a comfortable place. The entrance is secure, and requires a short walk to the elevator. There are also stairs, which I was glad to use after the schnitzel dinner I ate. Walk to the Naschmarkt, a wonderful open air market where you can buy food, eat in cute cafe's, and find some decent souvenirs. If I am ever lucky enough to return to Vienna, I will stay at the Schweizer Pension.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lynnjm52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vleuten, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This bed & breakfast on the 4th floor in the Hofburg area of Vienna has good location, extremely helpful staff, good breakfast and spacious and clean rooms. When arriving at the airport, take the Vienna Airport Line to Schwedenplatz (about 20 min, €13 for a round trip valid for a month). From there it is about a 7 min walk to the Schweizer Pension. Only downside was that we had squeaking beds, but the beds itself were okay. From the b&b, we could easily walk to all major sights in downtown Vienna. To get to Schloss Schönbrunn, take the U4 to Hütteldorf (15-20 mins ride).

We would for sure recommend Schweizer Pension!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MissDiZz
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Excellently located in the Inner Stadt, this pension is efficiently family run by a mother & son team. My room was a bathroom share situation which I was dreading but was pleasantly surprised as I was never inconvenienced by having to wait to use any of the facilities & the bathroom was always left exceptionally clean. WiFi in my room was excellent and my bed was almost as comfortable as my own! I didn't choose the breakfast option so am unable to comment in that regard. I most certainly would recommend this establishment as it ticks all my basic travel requirements ... location,clean, safe,value for money & comfortable

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Lianne C
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The location is great, near to a u-Bahn station and an easy walk to all the central sights. The family who run it are lovely and could not be more helpful. The place is clean an tidy.

The only drawback is the noise. I was travelling for work and had to be up early in the morning, but getting to sleep early was impossible. The walls are thin, the floor is creaky and the pipes are loud. You can hear everything other guests are doing and if any of them are inconsiderate then you simply cannot sleep. If this is a factor for your trip then either bring ear plugs (I was unprepared in this regard) or maybe stay elsewhere.

If this isn't a concern for you then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank LNJS
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I really enjoyed my 4 nights here in November 2013...Excellent breakfast....My shower was down the hall....no problem....I slept well....No one was in the room next to me so I didn't hear anyone....You will hear voices in the dining room starting around 8 AM but ear plugs would probably take care of that....The neighborhood is very nice....Grocery store right across the street....not open late though.....I'd estimate it a 15 minute walk to St Stephens and another 5 or 10 to the opera house....You can also take the tram....I bought a day pass twice and walked the other two.....Having a pass is very convenient because you can hop on a tram for short trips from one place to another and its already paid for....7 euro for one day, 12 euro for 2 days,etc. I would recommend the Schweizer pension highly.

Room Tip: solo travellers....share the bathroom and save some money
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter K
Mpls
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Klaus was our host at the Schweizer Pension in Vienna (I believe Anita whom we did not meet is his mother) He was very helpful. He got us tickets for a Mozart concert in the Golden Hall where the Vienna Philharmonic play on New Years Eve. We didn't see them but did enjoy a wonderful concert in the beautiful Golden Hall. Klaus gave us a map and great directions and recommendations for places to eat and how to get to sights. Our room had a shared bathroom but it was still a nice place to stay. (the rooms with bathrooms were all booked when we made our reservations) There was a sink in our room. Breakfast was great. Once you get over the entrance..(like coming through an old warehouse) it's a good place to stay and very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sailjmrm
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely pension with comfortable room, pleasant typical breakfast. Most important for us was its location. It is nicely located from many sites and restaurants in Vienna like St. Stephens Cathedral. The street that the pension is located on is a small street so for me I needed to pay attention when returning. Owners of the pension were extremely helpful to us with directions, early breakfast, good advice, and just very friendly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple