“Great outing for a family with children”
Review of Therme Wien

Therme Wien
Ranked #1 of 46 Spas & Wellness in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Therme Wien is a transformative experience. This unique thermal spa is an irresistible world where peace and quiet reigns. Leave your everyday stresses and strains at the door. Time loses all meaning, leaving you free to concentrate on what matters most: yourself! You will be in your element: in the heart of the city, yet surrounded by nature. Gentle and contemplative, fun and loud, effervescent or calm. Just like the imaginary stream that wends its way through the heart of Therme Wien, following its natural course and releasing energy in cascading fountains. The Therme Wien stream is a silent and ever-present companion for spa goers on their quest to rediscover themselves. Our goal is to create a place where people can break free of their daily routine and get in touch with their inner rhythm. At Therme Wien you have more than enough time and opportunity to unwind. What are you waiting for?
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My husband and I visited Therme Wien in hope of a soothing evening relaxing in hot whirlpools and spending some quiet time together. Therme Wien is surprisingly easy to get to even though it is on the outskirts of Vienna. When we arrived we were shocked to see the full parking lot and lines of people waiting to get in. We still wanted to try.

First tip: ask if the water is hot today. When we were there, the equipment was not functional and the water was not hot. We went from pool to pool searching for hot water, only to learn that it was broken. The pools normally only are 34-36 degrees C.

Second tip: bring flip flops. The floors are wet and treacherous. I am surprised more people are not slipping and falling.

Third tip: bring a towel and a robe. You can rent them, but it is easier to bring your own. You will thank me for the robe when you go outside to get into a pool!

Final tip: This is a great place to bring your kids and play with them. It is very family friendly.

However, it is a crowded noisy place, with kids running around. It is not romantic and quiet. The sauna costs more and you must go in without a swimsuit (didn't like that).

In summary, bring your kids here and have fun. Not a place for couples.

6  Thank JamesBondLosAngeles

Reviewed 8 December 2013

easy to reach by transportation :tram and car. we used tram.
very clean and comfortable.
we rented cabine for storage and change clothes.very usefull.
the adult area -sauna, seporated and quite. for attention, the use there is without clothes at all.for first time it was very relaxed and comfortable.
bring towels thogh it can be rented.

1  Thank menasheIsrael
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place for those who want to relax! There are several pools and waterpark for children. Great sauna and Turkish hammam. Though I was surprised that you can use it only if you are naked. I didn't feel comfortable. But the pool area is really great. And the cinema. And the library. I slept really well there, and other people too :)

1  Thank Katerina R
Reviewed 8 October 2013

For me, Therme Wien is one of the first on the list when I need a relaxing day or when I have visitors and the weather is not on our side.
It does not matter if you are with friends, with your family or just by yourself. This place has something for everyone.
We especially apreciated the cleanlines, the wide variety of options and games for children and in previous visits the sauna area.
Even halfday here will just make you forget of all your problems and send you on your way relaxed and happier!

3  Thank Andra C
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We was there for whole day and it was perfect. There was also three slides which one of them is used with inflatable wheel which is cool. We jump also from diving board as they have 3 of them. There is also sauna place where are infusions every 3 hour with cream or peeling. Sauna is divided to man,woman and mixed. There are some 90 degree dry saunas, 60 degree biosauna and also some 45 degree steam baths. I'm really recommend this place.

4  Thank Števo B