“Good place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Not overly pretentious nor expensive; wines at a good price; a bit off the beaten path in first district, but quite good, went solo and with friend: good Italian cuisine...great grilled calamari at half the price of high end places; house salad for €3.80. Only sits 22, so call to reserve or show up early.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The food at this family run Italian restaurant was great and importantly, it offered gluten free pasta which we required for our daughter (she loves Italian food!). There was a good range of dishes and the prices were reasonable. The wine selection was also good and many were offered by the glass for an affordable price. Angelo the chef and his wife operate a lovely restaurant with a nice ambience and good service.
The restaurant is only a 100 metres from the cathedral and is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

NOTE the address Liliiengasse 3!
as it is of the main road
We were walking around getting more and more hungry BUT all what we could see along the main shopping street was McDonnalds and KFC!
so it is was just great to find a little cosy place with lovely food.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Vienna was the third city on my excellent Treyn rail trip of Europe; somewhere I have never been - despite trying. After leaving the provided tour in the Cathedral square I sought somewhere for lunch, and found this gem. So nice, and the food (freshly cooked) and wine were superb - and they played an Italian song I remember so well from the sixties! And I was able to use my Italian, which is a bit rusty now that I live in Cumbria so far away from airports. I would have stayed for pudding and more wine, but a couple of elderly people were allowed to sit in a corner and chain-smoke. We English have to obey the rules, so when will mainland Europe do so too? We were told that smoking rules in Germany and Austria and The Czech Republic are the choice of the proprietor; such a shame that this otherwise smoke-free restaurant was spoiled by just the two customers!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The mark of a good trattoria to me is how well the simple dish of spaghetti aglio, oglio e peperoncino is prepared. I've had the dish drenched in oil; with bitter, overcooked garlic; and I've enjoyed the dish perfectly prepared. This trattoria ranks in the latter; perfect al dente pasta with the right balance of oil, garlic, and chile. The four of us sampled one another's dishes, too, and agreed that the food was thoughtfully prepared and delicious (the bisteca; the linguini alla siciliana; and the capellini d'angelo).

Just steps off the touristy Kartner Straße, no doubt overlooked by those in search of the dinner-plate sized Schnitzel. The trattoria is small-a half dozen tables or so, and is expertly managed. We have the good fortune of living in Vienna, and I'm happy to have another restaurant to add to my list of "go-to" places with visitors.