“Average but nice”

Ranked #250 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Las Pinas
“Average but nice”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

You get good value for your money. It is a nice hotel in a good location. Comfortable bed in a clean room. Not bad but not exceptional either. There are other choices in the same price range but this hotel is good enough for a few nights. Shop around and compare.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
Patrick K, Geschäftsführer at Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear JEmmanuel, thank your the short and realistic comment about your stay with us. I am satisfied to read that the basic requirements for a hotel have been up to your expectations. Cleanliness is the utmost importance! The location is very good indeed. And as stated it is worth the price. I do hope to see you again soon at the TULIP INN Thueringer Hof Vienna. With best regards, Patrick Kristen - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The pros: The location of the hotel is very convenient, as it is close to an underground station and to a tram and bus stop. There are good connections to the city centre and to the West Station. The rooms are spacious and clean, though the furniture needs some renovation. The staff is polite and efficient. There is a very good wi-fi connection.

The cons: Some of the rooms face a busy street, and are therefore noisy. In the summer this might be a problem, as the hotel building is old and there is no air-conditioning. It might be a good idea to allow guests the choice of room location during the booking process, even if they have to pay a bit extra for peace and quiet.

There was no good drainage of the bath in the bathroom, and even the carpet in the room was wet (room 329).

To conclude, I liked my stay there, and I can recommend the hotel to budget travellers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Orange55555
Dear Orange555..., thank you for taking the time to describe your experience in our hotel. I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay and I will forward your satsifaction to the team. Please let me point out that you can actually also book a superior room which is located to the inside court on our website and on some of the partner websites as well. And thank you for the information about your room - this matter has been solved. We had to change a pipe under the carpet! I do hope to see you again in our Hotel and to have the pleasure to welcome you personally. With best regards, Patrick Kristen - General Manager
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We only stayed two nights at this hotel, but enough to be able to do my impression.
The hotel does not have a central location, but is very close to the subway station (Alser Straße), that connects the historic center.
The hotel rooms are large and spacious, but would require a renovation and a bit more cleaning. Impeccable linen and comfortable bed compensates the other deficiencies. Although it is located in the street is not noisy inside.
The staff is friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast is consistent, each finding something taste.
In conclusion, it is an ideal place to visit the city without having large claims.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nicoletas
Patrick K, Geschäftsführer at Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Nicoletas, thank you very much for the feedback that you have given here on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you have had a good time staying with us. I would be more delighted if I would know which room you have been staying at as cleanliness is usually one of our top scores when it comes to guest comments. I want to make your next stay an even better one! I will be happy to welcome you again in which case I do hope that I will have the pleasure to meet you personally at the TULIP INN Thueringer Hof Vienna. With best regards, Patrick KRISTEN - General Manager
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 3 January 2014

i had a 4 night stay in the hotel. the hotel's cleanness is good. however,the hotel is very old, needs innovation.The hotel facilities are very poor; no mini bar in the room,a small TV for a triple room,uncomfortable beds and bad room decoration. The toilets/WC are very out dated and inconvenient.
They are unprofessional and lack communication skills with customers; they canceled my booking twice without informing me even after they sent to me a confirmation mail to pay cash on my arrival date. i received a mail all caps lock letters from them which was very rude. they focus more on the money not customer satisfaction.
City center: the hotel is not far or near from the city center, to reach city center we had to take U6 then U3 (8 stops, from 10 to 15 minutes). they gave us a tram line to reach city center but you reach on the borders of the city center; more than 30 minutes walk to reach to Stephenplatz from the tram stop.
Breakfast: poor and limited selection of choices.
Staff: most of them are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nadeen_Hussein
Patrick K, Geschäftsführer at Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Nadeen_Hussein, I am very sorry to read that there have been some misunderstandings in the communication. Customer satisfaction is the utmost important issue in the hospitality business. As a matter of fact you have made a reservation which needed to be guaranteed with a creditcard and as the creditcard was stated as not valid by the creditcard company the booking was cancelled via the sites on which you have made the booking. As a result the sites on which you have made the booking should have contacted you straight away after the cancellation and it seems that this has not worked out! But as far as I can see you have been informed about this from the front office team via email and in these emails you have also been informed about the fact that the reservation is held in the hotel and that you would have to pay in cash on the spot - please keep in mind that the creditcard was not working and that you have made a booking over New Years! In Vienna it is common to only accept guaranteed reservations over New Years. I have also found the email written in capslock letter, I am sure that this was a mistake. I think that if it would have been on rude purpose the signs as ; and : would not have been used. Please do not see this as a sign of rude aggression! When it comes to the hardware of the Hotel we are a three star hotel and were built in the 1890s. The flatscreen TV is a 21'' which is for Austrian standards still a large TV. We have no minibar as we have a lobbybar.The bathrooms were built in the 1980s and have been updated last year. When it comes to the beds I am sorry to read that they were uncomfortable, but I have to admit that this is a very subjective matter - I hardly ever find myself a hotelbed that suits me. When it comes to the breakfast buffet it is of superior quality for a viennese hotel, please believe me as I have been working for over 15 years in this business.
And to reach the citycenter when taking the tram 43 to the terminus you are at the 1st district which is the city center. As I understand you wanted to go the St. Stephens Cathedral, which could have been reached from there by the bus 1A within 5 minutes. I do hope that you have found the pharmacy and that the young lady is fine again, as I was personally taking care of you for this; it would have been easier to explain all this on the spot as written it seems sometimes impersonal. In case that you wish to contact me personally please feel free to do so. With best regards and wishing you a happy New Year 2014, Patrick Kristen - General Manager
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Small robery in place. Take care of your laggage!!!
The place of hotel is good, good conection with u6, quickly to town center with 43. Vienna breakfast was excelent. Room was to small but clean. The fact is that hotel did not took responsability of this small robery !

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ljubip
Patrick K, Geschäftsführer at Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear ljubip, thank you for sharing your experience with the world on the great site of Tripadvisor.
I am glad to read again that you liked the Hotel. When it comes to the robbery you mention, your make up being worth € 170,00, I can only state again that I am sorry. As already explained if no declaration of theft is done at the local police, we can not make a declaration at our insurance company. It is the first time that something was stolen at our hotel at all and this from the room behind reception to which only the personnel has the right to enter without supervision. I have to admit that we are puzzled too. Out of this situation I do absolutely understand that you rate the hotel low due to this misadventure of yours. The next time you come to Vienna please feel free to contact me anytime. With best regards, Patrick Kristen - General Manager
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Location is great. It is easy to get from train station and a few minutes from downtown by tram. Hotel is located in pictured old style building. We did not feel that room is noisy in spite that our room had window to the street side. Staff is helpful. Some people may not like that there is no air-conditioning and you have to book and pay for breakfast additionally to room rate. So, if you plan to stay there in a mid-season and do not mind to walk a few blocks for local breakfasts, this place might be for you.

Room Tip: if you do not like street sound just ask for back yard view. However, street side has better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter S
Dear Peter S, thank you for letting us all know what you have liked about the Tulip Inn Thueringer Hof Vienna. It is true the location is very good. We are actually thinking over what would be the best solution in order to climatise all the rooms. When it comes to the breakfast I have to state that we actually also offer rates including breakfast. Our breakfast actually is a warm and cold buffetbreakfast offering different cuts, cheeses, eggs, bacon, breads and rolls, croissants and the Austrian equivalent the "Kipferl, Gugelhupf, braided yeast bread, Cereals, fruit salad, fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, Yogurth, butter, different jams, juices, coffee and tea. This all at a fair price. Naturally if one prefers a small breakfast there are all the classical Viennese Coffeehouses which offer the classical continental and Viennese breakfast, this can all be found within 10 minutes from the Hotel in the historical citycenter - no Hotel can beat this experience! Best regards, Patrick Kristen - General Manager
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked into this Hotel, thinking that this was a four star hotel. Later we discovered that most websites gave them a three star rating only. So will review taking into account the fact this is only a three star hotel.

The rooms are spacious , The toilet/ WC are designed poorly and does need a bit of sprucing up/ re-designing. The noise from the roadside was a bit of a minor problem. The lift was very slow and the hotel needs to replace this lift.

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. None of the staff were wearing any name plate so I cannot comment about their good service levels on a personal level. My baggage had not arrived from the airport and the personnel at the reception followed up the same with the airport and helped me on this issue.

Breakfast packs on two days were given when we had to leave very early. Most hotel nowadays do not provide this service.The breakfast was okay for a three star hotel but not of an acceptable standard for a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear kurien10, thank you very much for sharing your thought with us and the entire Tripadvisor community. I am glad to read that our team has handled your requests in a courteous manner and made your stay a good one in Vienna. I will inform them about your satisfaction. Yes we are a three star Hotel and we do nowhere pretend to have more stars, our guests are our stars. I do hope to see you again in our Hotel in Vienna one of these days. Best regards, Patrick Kristen - General Manager