“Very good hotel”

Ranked #120 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Rijeka, Croatia
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We spend 2 nights in hotel, and it was very pleasant.
Room was spacious and clean, same as bathroom. Hotel does not have it's on restaurant and offers only buffet breakfast.
Breakfast was excellent with various choices of cold cuts, eggs, cereals, fruits and bakery product. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
There is garage in hotel with daily charge of 17 Eur.
Hotel is not situated in city center but it is not far from it. Metro and tram station is few minutes away, pleasant walk.
In vicinity of hotel there are few supermarkets (Lidl, Billa) and also few restaurants.
Overall it is very good hotel for stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 April 2013

No big complains for my stay of 5 days at the Amedia hotel. The hotel is 5-10 minutes on foot from the closest metro station, not in a spectacular area of Vienna but pretty convenient with some good restaurants close by. With the metro the city center can be reached conveniently, and if one comes from the airport it's just 2 metro stations distance.

The room was big and the bathroom spacious, always clean.
The free media concept is very nice and useful. However I had problems with the TV; I couldn't manage to turn it on or off (remote control just didn't have any effect, as well as the buttons on the side of the TV). Consequently it was always staying on standby with an annoying animation moving on the screen that emitted some light also during night, so that I had to use one of the two blankets to cover it in order not to sleep undisturbed. I asked the reception to have it checked; they promised to send a technician but I don't know if they did it, and in any case the situation never changed in the days I was there (I could have asked the reception for news, but not being interested in watching TV and being busy for most of the time I didn't care too much).

Another problem I found was the room always a bit too warm, or better with the air always a bit heavy. Luckily the windows can be opened and I had a room facing the back courtyard and not the street, so I could sleep with the window open.
Surely, though, the sound insulation is pretty good: during my stay there were several classrooms hosted at the hotel, but I never had problems of noise.

I cannot comment on breakfast because I found it too expensive and I didn't include it (even if 15€ seem to be the standard for hotels nowadays - in passing, luckily there is a bakery that serves also coffee almost on the other side of the street),

Nothing special to say for what concerns the hospitality. The people working at the reception weren't rude at all, but not particularly welcoming either (it could however be a general Viennese attitude, from what I saw).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Qatar
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The most thing I like it about the hotel was the price ,but when I stayed there I loved everything ,the staff were very helpful ,I remember I had health issue and they were very caring about me ,they paid the ambulance they make sure one of their staff next to me all the time until the ambulance came .
What I want to say is that ,if you find hotel with well trained staff,and very clean rooms, decorated nicely, with best price in Vienna !!! What you are waiting for ,book it immediately .

Behind the hotel there is Italian restaurant very good , and next the hotel I mean exactly next the hotel door there is big supermarket ,
In the end of the street big shopping mall which you can reach it by bus which the station also in front the hotel .

I also booked for June2013 :-) .

This is what I call customer satisfaction !!!

• Stayed December 2012
London
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Amedia is conveniently located for central Vienna on the U3 or (more scenically) the D tram from the nearby Belvedere Palace and Museum. Heading to Bratislava for the day is also very convenient, heading out of Hauptbahnhof (former Ostbahnhof, just round the corner.) St Marx is also very convenient for the Airport, though the S-Bahn could be more frequent.

The hotel itself was very comfortable, with a good breakfast, and excellent bathroom; I'd recommend it very highly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I took SBahn to St.Marx, and walk for only 8 minutes to the Hotel. Although the hotel is not located in the very central of the city, it is still very convenient for the traveler. There are a lot of supermarkets and grocery stores near the Hotel, it is very easy to buy anything you need. There is also a bis station near the hotel(about 3 minutes walk), so it is easy to go to the city center.
The hotel is quiet, comfortable and clean, with really friendly staff. The room is big, flat TV with greeting words, a fridge, and the bed is comfortable.
Most of all the price is not very expensive, this is a valuable Hotel.
I am traveling to Wien later and already booked it again.

• Stayed February 2013
Klagenfurt
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Getting a good hotel in Vienna is a difficult task, especially, if not only the price and quality of the hotel, but also the location matters. This hotel is a good compromise, since it is located in a reasonably safe area close to the city center and is still not too expensive. The hotel is within walking distance of both tramway and subway stations, allowing you to reach the city center within five minutes. My room was very clean and functional, maybe only lacking a little bit of personality. I did not opt for the breakfast, since there are good bakeries around, and the only thing I was missing was a gym.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank smiley7979
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel. Rooms are fine, spacious, comfortable bed and pillows. I had a room overlooking courtyard, which would be normally quiet.Unfortunately there was large Xmas party on that night and run until 5 am, thus it was quite impossible to sleep. I came to breakfast at 7 am and the whole area was full of smoke, very dirty floor with many cigarettes in front of the reception and everywhere around. I presume the staff should clean the area before serving the breakfast. Breakfast selection was just average, not much of hot dishes (only scrambled eggs and pancakes), I would expect more in this type of hotel. Location OK, not prime in the city centre, but convenient for our purpose of travelling to Vienna.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Zelenec
Isabella P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Amedia Wien, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear traveller,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback on your stay in December 2012. It's is true that we had a large x-mas party during your stay and we feel very sorry for all inconveniences this may have caused.
Unfortunately the late guests of the party celebrated till 6am in the morning and in this short time until breakfast started it was not able for us to clean and air the whole restaurant in the way it should be.
Please accept our deepest apologies for this. As a small excuse we would like to offer you a free upgrade to the next room category and a drink at our bar for you next stay. Please contact us under direktion.wien@amediahotels.com for further details and reservation.
We hope to be able to welcome you again at AMEDIA Hotel Wien on the occasion of your next visit in Vienna and remain in the meantime
Yours faithfully