“Location, location, location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #123 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Sydney
“Location, location, location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

My cousin and I stayed at this hotel and I cannot say enough about Vladimir, who was on the reception desk the day we arrived. Nothing was a problem to him and he went out of his way, to answer all questions I asked of him. The location is great, a minute or two walk from the hotel and you are at the bus stop which takes you to the city. You can then get around by bus, or by train to the many tourist destinations Vienna has to offer. I found the room, good value for money, and very clean. WiFi was excellent, and the rooms have had a recent refurbishment. I would not hesitate to stay there again and if Vladimir is on the desk, you will have nothing to worry about.
I think you should give him a pay rise, as his service was exceptional.

Room Tip: One at the back..less noise from the main street.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LadyNet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Tehran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I went there because I was stayed in their Salzburg branch in before, In my view it was not as good as the Salzburg one, but it was fair enough. Room was not very large, services were good. Media was nice, Internet connection and also free video on demand services.
Place is good, but not perfect, it's close to bus station but not very close to metro station.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
San Antonio, Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Wonderfully spacious, modern room with modern amenities. We loved the room & our choice until we tried to sleep. Room warm at check-in, activated AC which did not cool room & did not provide cool air. Resorted to opening windows which cooled room a bit. Tried to sleep except noise from other guest rooms who also had opened their windows onto same courtyard prevented sleep. Shut windows which resolved noise but then room too warm for sleep. Next day discussed issue with front desk. We were told that the hotel system does not allow the AC to be activated if it senses that the outside temperature does not warrant the use of AC. There is no way to cool down the room. He did offer to give us another room but we did not see the point in moving because is a hotel system design issue. Would not stay again, what's the point of a great room if guests cant sleep & are too tired to enjoy their vacation. Our opinion, system needs to be re-programmed to allow guests to decide what room temperature is comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We booked the Junior Suite in the hotel. The room was spacious and clean. WiFi is provided free in this hotel. Location wise, the hotel is slightly away from the town center, but not too far off. The hotel is well served by the many transport options. Bus 74A stops right at the door step of the hotel, and is within 10 minutes ride to the city center (Stadpark). About 10 mins walk away, you can easily take Tram 71 to the city center (Opera House). The St Marx train station is next to the Tram station (you can take bus 74A to the end if you are too lazy to walk). There is also a CityBike station about 5 mins walk away from the hotel.

Within 100 meter of the hotel, there are 4 supermarkets, a bakery, and some other shops. I did not have my breakfast in the hotel (I think 17 euro is a bit high), the nearby bakery provides a cheaper option.

The only "complaint" I have with the hotel is the inconsistent room service. They seem not to make up the room every day, especially on days where there are high turnover of rooms. Other than this oddity, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Rijeka, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We spend 2 nights in hotel, and it was very pleasant.
Room was spacious and clean, same as bathroom. Hotel does not have it's on restaurant and offers only buffet breakfast.
Breakfast was excellent with various choices of cold cuts, eggs, cereals, fruits and bakery product. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
There is garage in hotel with daily charge of 17 Eur.
Hotel is not situated in city center but it is not far from it. Metro and tram station is few minutes away, pleasant walk.
In vicinity of hotel there are few supermarkets (Lidl, Billa) and also few restaurants.
Overall it is very good hotel for stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

No big complains for my stay of 5 days at the Amedia hotel. The hotel is 5-10 minutes on foot from the closest metro station, not in a spectacular area of Vienna but pretty convenient with some good restaurants close by. With the metro the city center can be reached conveniently, and if one comes from the airport it's just 2 metro stations distance.

The room was big and the bathroom spacious, always clean.
The free media concept is very nice and useful. However I had problems with the TV; I couldn't manage to turn it on or off (remote control just didn't have any effect, as well as the buttons on the side of the TV). Consequently it was always staying on standby with an annoying animation moving on the screen that emitted some light also during night, so that I had to use one of the two blankets to cover it in order not to sleep undisturbed. I asked the reception to have it checked; they promised to send a technician but I don't know if they did it, and in any case the situation never changed in the days I was there (I could have asked the reception for news, but not being interested in watching TV and being busy for most of the time I didn't care too much).

Another problem I found was the room always a bit too warm, or better with the air always a bit heavy. Luckily the windows can be opened and I had a room facing the back courtyard and not the street, so I could sleep with the window open.
Surely, though, the sound insulation is pretty good: during my stay there were several classrooms hosted at the hotel, but I never had problems of noise.

I cannot comment on breakfast because I found it too expensive and I didn't include it (even if 15€ seem to be the standard for hotels nowadays - in passing, luckily there is a bakery that serves also coffee almost on the other side of the street),

Nothing special to say for what concerns the hospitality. The people working at the reception weren't rude at all, but not particularly welcoming either (it could however be a general Viennese attitude, from what I saw).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The most thing I like it about the hotel was the price ,but when I stayed there I loved everything ,the staff were very helpful ,I remember I had health issue and they were very caring about me ,they paid the ambulance they make sure one of their staff next to me all the time until the ambulance came .
What I want to say is that ,if you find hotel with well trained staff,and very clean rooms, decorated nicely, with best price in Vienna !!! What you are waiting for ,book it immediately .

Behind the hotel there is Italian restaurant very good , and next the hotel I mean exactly next the hotel door there is big supermarket ,
In the end of the street big shopping mall which you can reach it by bus which the station also in front the hotel .

I also booked for June2013 :-) .

This is what I call customer satisfaction !!!

• Stayed December 2012