“New, clean and very good value for money”

Best Western Plus Amedia Wien
Ranked #114 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Canada
“New, clean and very good value for money”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you don't mind a bit of a walk (20-25 minutes) or taking transit than this hotel is a great choice. The rooms are recently refurbished so everything is clean, comfortable and contemporary. The hotel is on a main road into the city centre, so it's easy to get there, and it's near enough to a stop that will take you to and from the airport (St Marx). There are also a few good restaurants and supermarkets nearby. If you like pizza head to Pizzeria Modena just down the road towards the centre.

We didn't have breakfast so I can't vouch for it, but at the price they were charging I really don't think it's worth it given that this is Vienna and delicious pastry and coffee shops abound, and you can treat yourself to a relaxing breakfast on a street-side terrace for a fraction of the price, but that's just my opinion.

For the price and the comfort I'd say this hotel is worth the little bit extra trek out. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I spent a whole week in this hotel and we highly recommend it.
The room was very comfortable. Good wifi signal. free movies. Friendly staff.
Very reasonable price a night. Half an hour's pleasant walk to the city center, or 6 bus stops.
a very good (but pricy) breakfast.
All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent 2 nights here in July 2014. My room was very big with a large bed which was very comfortable. My room was air-conditioned, had a big screen TV and wifi. Maybe the only thing that I disliked was the fact that the bathroom had a sliding door.The hotel is located on a main street where a bus runs (74a), and the Metro is not far from the hotel entrance: less than 10 mins. on foot. I did not have breakfast at the hotel, as it was rather expensive, so I preferred to go a little café out on the main street. It is a hotel that I would recommend, as it is not expensive to stay, and the staff are diligent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is modern and clean, staff is friendly. The rooms are spacious and neat, wi fi is pretty good. Close to supermarkets and a bakery shop. From the hotel to the city center with the U3 metro takes you about 20 min. A small problem with the pillows, they have a weird smell to them and the fact that the minibar apparently doesn't really cool things. Other than that the room is very good, and certainly the hotel is a nice place to stay.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night in July - I specifically chose it because of its proximity to the Marx Halle/Rinderhalle venue. The staff seemed polite, professional and helpful. The room that I got was spacious, clean and modern - i especially liked the compact and spotless bathroom. Wifi worked flawlessly. The city centre is not that far either, you've got many options to get there quickly using public transport. There are lots of supermarkets nearby. A very nice hotel, so much so that I'm wishing more concerts were organized in the Marx Halle instead of the Stadthalle, so that I could stay here more often! :)

Room Tip: My room overlooking the back was very calm, I had a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gargoyle416
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed here for 2 nights in July 2014. Rooms were nice, conveniently furnished with modern look. Aircondition was working. As a disadvantage I see weird smell of pillows. Welness is good for a bit of relax after a hard day. Very expensive breakfast, which are not necessary, because there is a lot of shops in the area. Hotel is quite far away from the city center, but there is a bus stop in front of the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel is a 35 minute walk from the old city. Or grab the regular 74a bus from outside the hotel and you are there in 10 mins. There is also an underground station a few minutes walk away. The hotel is modern but not particularly stylish. Staff were friendly but seemed unable to actually help. We stayed in room 529 which was boiling hot when we first got into the hotel. After whacking the aircon up to max for 15 minutes we couldnt feel any difference. Asked for a new room at reception but were told all rooms are the same and we should open a window. After explaining I didnt feel that was a satisfactory response I was assured someone would look into it whilst we were out. Came back to find a window open. So we resorted to leaving the aircon on max 24/7 even when we were out which got the room bearable but was still warm. Next issue, which was disgraceful in my opinion, was that the pillows smelt of what can only be described as fart!!!!! When I rang reception to ask for new pillows I was told all the pillows smelt like that, they were brand new and no other pillows were available. Brand new pillows that smell of fart??? Best Western you need to talk to your suppliers!!!!! We resorted to wrapping the pillows in towels to contain the stench. Next day we walked past the cleaners cupboard and spare pillows were practically falling out there were so many!!!! Our room was long and thin with low sharply sloping ceilings - my partner is 6ft 5ins so not ideal - he bumped his head a few times - not sure if all rooms are like that (probably not) so double check if you are tall before you book. Couldnt recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 529
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple