The location was amazing, steps away from major attractions in Old Town Vienna, the underground so close and easy to navigate.The most beautiful city with so much culture and history.
Christian the owner was on call at anytime time to answer any questions and is always so pleasant.
We recommend this apartment for either a couple or a family. Just wonderful.
Our host Christian was fantastic - happy to meet up with us to answer any questions and responded promptly to emails. He also suggested local places of interest. Very well equipped apartments, our friends stayed in another of his apartments that was just around the corner. The day beds made for conveniently flexible accommodation. Everything was very clean and tastefully decorated. Included an iron, washing machine/dryer, clothes horse, fully equipped kitchen etcetera.
Beautiful elegant apartment in a fantastic location! A few steps away from the Hofburg and St Stephens. Beautiful architecture all around with quiet plaza'a just outside the door giving access to bakery, restaurants, bars and shops. First stay in Vienna for our family with 2 girls age 14 and 10 and would love to go back. Apartment is as you see it and information supplied by Christian regarding transport from airport and access was excellent. Would definitely recommend. Thank you Christian.
Perfectly appointed with a comfortable bed, spacious living room, every kitchen device you could hope for, washer and dryer that actually worked. And the best part was the complete, patient orientation Christian gave us on the first day. We can't say enough good about this accommodation.
We lived in Vienna for nearly two years, 2014-2016, so when we decided to return for a 3 week visit, we knew what would work for us. But Sonata exceeded even our high expectations. Here are 5 reasons why we found it to be such a great choice, and we think others will, too:
1. LOCATION on one of Vienna's prettiest, narrowest, oldest cobbled streets, quiet and other-worldly in its quaint way, yet mere steps from the Graben, the Kohlmarkt, and just about everything else that matters, from the Hofburg to the Albertina to the Vienna State Opera House and St. stephan's Cathedral.
2. Close-by eateries with lots of atmosphere, including Arthur Grimm Bakery founded 1536 right downstairs in the same building, Ofenloch restaurant serving excellent Austrian food right next door, charming in both indoor and outdoor seating, and the lovely little bar called Treff ("Meeting Point") Kurrent. Perfect to relax at the end of a busy day.
3. Open & Spacious, with high ceilings lit by chandeliers, comfortable and well-designed furnishings, all scrupulously cleaned and ready for you, plus wall decorations featuring local historic photos, engravings and prints. Plenty of room to move around and relax without feeling cramped, and a nice place to entertain visitors.
4. Stocked with everything you need, including full kitchen plates, glasses, cooking and serving pieces, coffee makers with small cache of coffee beans and sugar, washer-dryer with drying rack, ironong board and iron, and lots of kids items, even toys and a high chair. Enough badics like dishwasing liquid, laundry detergent, toilet paper etc. to carry you through for at leadt a few days, so you don't have to shop first thing. There is a great and commendable effort made to anticipate anything guests could possibly need, even including a whole bookcase full of useful tourist literature, and to have it on hand just in case you need it.
5. MUSIC. There's a flat-screen TV that we used all the time to listen to a great classical music station. Vienna is a city defined by wonderful music, so how appropriate and thoughtful of the proprietor to give us the gift of the world's best music! We so appreciated it.
Thank you to Christian and the always helpful & friendly staff who were unfailingly courteous and always available when needed. And that starts with Christian himself, who quickly responded to every question we asked and always made us feel well taken care of.
Bottom line: This place had everything going for it, including what we felt to be a modest price for such comfort and quality. We recommend it highly and certainly will stay here again when next visiting beautiful, welcoming Vienna.
The apartment was comfortable and extremely atmospheric, assisted by its excellent location. The property is well appointed. The owners are very friendly and were helpful at all times.
It is one of the most beautiful apartments I have ever stayed abroad (and I travel a lot). The location is perfect as well as all other aspects: it is well equipped, very comfortable, clean, cozy and stylish. We have been with 3 children and felt ourselves at home: everything was in place. I could not imagine any better. All shops and sightseengs are nearby. Christian (our host) was very helpful: it is our second stay at elegantvienna apartments and we will definetly come back there. To cut the things short - apartment Sonata is highly recommended! I would like to thank Christian for our great stay in Vienna!