“Not to be missed”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$97.52*
and up
Gustav Klimt Vienna Combo: Belvedere Palace and...
Ranked #4 of 817 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The two Belvedere palaces were built in the early eighteenth century by the famous Baroque architect Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt to be used as the summer residence of Prince Eugene of Savoy (1663–1736). One of Europe’s most stunning Baroque landmarks, this ensemble – comprising the Upper and Lower Belvedere and an extensive garden – is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today the Belvedere houses the greatest collection of Austrian art dating from the Middle Ages to the present day, complemented by the work of international artists such as Claude Monet, Vincent van Gogh, and Max Beckmann. Highlights from the holdings Vienna 1880–1914 are the world’s largest collection of Gustav Klimt’s paintings (including the famous golden Art Nouveau icons the Kiss (Lovers) and Judith) and works by Egon Schiele and Oskar Kokoschka. Key works of French Impressionism and the greatest collection of Viennese Biedermeier art are further attractions on display at the Upper Belvedere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful palace. Beautiful gardens. Fantastic art collection. We had the audio guide which was great. In some ways I preferred this to Schonbrunn. If I could only choose one place it would be this one!

Write a ReviewReviews (13,820)
All reviews
in 1,948 reviews
"judith"
in 104 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No words can express the magnificence found here. The collection of Gustave Klimt was the calling card for me but the palace itself is awe inspiring. I wish we had more time to visit as I felt rushed! I had a knee injury a month prior to the trip here and after previous walking tours earlier in the week kneepain forced me to call the visit quits after t hours. Plan this as an all day trip. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I cut my visit short due to light headedness secondary to pregnancy, however I did see about half the exhibit and thoroughly appreciated the authenticity of the pieces, history of the Palace, and beautiful grounds. The café offers some sweets and basic drinks, and the gift shop provides the art pieces for purchase on prints.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was traveling with my husband and two young adult sons and we had a few hours to kill before our flight. We don’t usually prioritize art museums but so glad we went here. The views are fantastic and we really enjoyed the commentary provided by the audio tour...you need to pay extra for that but it is well worth it to appreciate and understand the art if you aren’t otherwise informed.