“Alpha is a first letter of alphabeth”
Review of Hotel Alpha

Hotel Alpha
Ranked #68 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We really liked our stay in Alpha. It is our 6th time in Vienna. We stayed in various hotels there, but next time (hopefully it will come) we'll stay here.
Central location, proximity to the museums quartier, U-bahn station at 5 min walk, Billa supermarket and pharmacy 3 min walk away and more ... Very good breakfast no shortages and efficient service. And all that at a budget price of 96 Euro for a double with airconditioning. Especially I would like to praise the staff - they are just fantastic: helpful, attentive, forthcoming, knowledgeable and very, very nice.
On the negative side I would mention a certain lack of storage place in the room (drawers for socks, underwear, etc.)
We would definitely recommend it to anybody planning to come to Vienna. Thanks again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BobPK
Kraber, on behalf of Ulrike Regenfelder-Gassner, Manager at Hotel Alpha, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Guest,
it is such a pleasure to read your comment. I will certainly share it with my team to encourage them even more. W'll keep it up!
Best rgeards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Impressed with the service and the room is funtional. Perfect for a good night sleep after en intensive dag i town. Good breakfast spread. I recommend this hotel warmly. The location is perfect for my stay and close to U-bahn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Tracey C

Dear Guest,
Thank you ! I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Good quet location - close to both S-bahn and U-bahn, close enough to the Old City to go by foot. Good breakfast, without ostentation, but a lot of choice. Efficient air-condition - very important during the heat wave. Free coffee and fruit add a nice touch. The internet in the lobby is free but slow.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with numbers endind with 01 or 02 (i.e. 301) - they are near the elevator and the st...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank juliajudith

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. You are right, especially the air-condition is a great advantage during the hot summer months.
Looking forwat to welcoming you soon, best regards
Ulrike Regenfelder-Gassner

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hotel is easy to find and not far from the Rathaus station. I have the rooftop room so it is spacious for the room and bathroom. The hotel is very clean. I like the breakfast as the choice is variety compare to other european hotel and it is worth of money to stay in this hotel. You also can get tea or coffee during the day and free wifi. The staff is helpful and they help us to get information on the bus or train route. I would recommended to stay in this hotel and definitely back if I visit Wien.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Hotel Alpha hotel is a small, quaint, hotel nestled near the Rathaus. The staff are accommodating and speak English. The rooms are typically small (with 2 twin beds) with a separate bathroom (toilet and caged shower) for this type of European hotel. If you want large modern rooms with lots of frills and cost (like the Hotel Am Stephansplatz in central downtown), the Hotel Alpha should not be your choice. That said, the Hotel Alpha is prefect for a place to hang your clothes, rest your head in quiet, and wake up to a great free breakfast---not continental-a full breakfast. All for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mwp23

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. It´s a pleasure for me to read, that you enjoyed your holiday at the Alpha. Our staff is very concerned to treat our guests like "feeling at home".
I´m looking forward to welcoming you again soon in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were hesitating between two hotels. The other was closer to Mariahilfer strasse and the dog was free of charge. Despite of these, we chose Alpha hotel because of its private parking. I have booked a room, they closed the money on my credit card, then I received an e-mail, that sorry, all the parking places are fully booked. We could not cancel the room booking, so it was overpaying for us. We had to put the car into a public parking house (like in case of choosing the other hotel) and we had to pay 9 euros for our very small dog, that in the other hotel is free. This was disappointing. It should be useful for visitors to know the free parking place before they close the money on credit card, and the charge of a dog also should not be a secret.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful. The room was so small, and the bathroom also. The mini bar contained only a still water, a bubble water, a beer, and some chocolates. No any juice. It was funny to see, when we opened the door of the fridge.
The elevator was also very small and old. But overall the hotel was clean.
The breakfast was ok with a wide variety of meals. We liked it.
The tram and a U-bahn is very close so its location is very good for sightseeing, although, we did not use them, we just want to sleep somewhere near to the center.
I think it is a little bit expensive for that small rooms, it does not worth the money.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet street, I think all the rooms can be good for sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kraber, on behalf of Ulrike Regenfelder-Gassner, Manager at Hotel Alpha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I have carefully noted your comments about our garage and the charge for your dog. Unforunately our garage has limited space, 6 parking slots only and yes, therefore, much to our regret, we sometimes have to refuse some requests.
I will definitely consider to waive the charges fro smaller dogs.

With best regards, Ulrike Regenfelder-Gassner, Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We had a really nice time in the hotel with my fiancee. We were there in December. The staff is very friendly, we were looking for a nice restaurant, they made the reservation for us. The breakfast is excellent. The hotel is in a small, quiet street in a really nice neighbourhood. Small supermarket and pharmacy just around the corner. We checked out early and they kept our luggage with our name on it in a separate room till we got back, most small hotels keep it at the reception without any special note. We would not stay anywhere else in Vienna. Our friends with 2 kids are going to stay there as well in August.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Kraber, on behalf of Ulrike Regenfelder-Gassner, Manager at Hotel Alpha, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear guest,

It was really a pleasure to read all your nice remarks about our hotel Alpha and I will certainly share your comments with my staff. This will please them to hear and motivate to keep it up.
In August there is a special food & film festival taking place on Rathausplatz, exactly where you visited the Christmas market in December and I am sure your friends will enjoy to visit.
We are looking forward to welcoming your friends and will be glad to answer any questions before their arrival. If so, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Best regards from Vienna,