“Beautiful hotel in a great location”
Review of Hotel Lamee

Hotel Lamee
Ranked #105 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was our first time in Vienna. The hotel is new, modern, and in a great location. All main attractions are walking distance and there are great cafes just around the hotel. Taxi stands are just outside the hotel so connection to and from airport and train stations are a breeze. The hotel has a nice wooden decked terrace which is a nice place to lounge in the evening when weather is good. Bathrooms are well designed and modern. Our room could see the cathedral so that was a bonus!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors with cathedral view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Everything about The Hotel Lamee was quality - location, rooms, amenities & especially the level of service from the staff! Nothing was a problem for the staff who were always friendly, efficient & ever ready to enhance our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HillpeopleMarlee
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Hotel Lamee was one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed in (definitely the best experience I've had in Vienna): the perfect combination of aesthetic and practical aspects. It is extremely well situated, and all of Vienna's attractions are within walking distance, or an easy metro-ride away. The corner room I stayed in (A Prestige room) was extremely well designed, with wonderful attention to detail, and deliciously over the top interior decorating - a modern take on the opulence that is such a part of the Vienna experience!The bed was a delight, the bath and shower great (with lovely bath products), and the huge television screen that can disappear into a chest of drawers, an excellent idea. The room was on the 6th floor, with pretty street views (the rooftop area had a spectacular 360 degree view of Vienna, don't miss it!) and was well insulated and completely quiet when the windows were closed. Breakfast was fantastic, and the Cafe Bloom's bar was the best place to have a drink in the area. All in all: the perfect choice of hotel in Vienna!

Room Tip: The Prestige room was worth the extra amount of Euros.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alet S
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Where style meets fashion and great food! I love the Bloom Bar, the food is excellent and i had the best time when i went there for a meeting! All the people working there are very attentive and you feel just how nice they care for you, i can only highly recommend this hotel when you plan to stay in Vienna. two thumbs up!

Room Tip: with a view to St. Stephen´s Cathedral!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed at Hotel Lamee on my last trip to Vienna in early Feb as my last favorite Hotel Topazz was fully booked. Management recommended me Hotel Lamée (same owner) promising an equally outstanding experience. And again they delivered! Hotel is just opposite Topazz and hence in best possible location in Vienna, just 1 min from Stephansdom away. I got an upgrade, receiving a suite on the 6th floor with view to the Stephansdom - gorgeous! Room was spacious and perfectly furnished, in tune with its price positioning. Very much like in Topazz the staff is extremly friendly and helpful, no need to mention that Breakfast is same as in Topazz and hence on its own worth a detour to Vienna. In addition the hotel features a restaurant which offers excellent delicacies in small portions (delicious!!). Do not miss out on the Soufflée ... From the restaurant, located on the first floor, which also features a more casual bar-area, you can overlook the people walking around Rotenturmstrasse - a funny experience as you come to see so many different people. The experience can also be had in the ground floor where the hotel bar is located which offers a comprehensive choice of drinks.
In short: a perfect stay in Vienna, great comfort, great food and good fun in an optimal location, a place to visit again.
Only recommendation to the management: fur such a hotel a fitness area (even if minimal) is a must.

Room Tip: Take a room in the upper floors!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank INDITRAVEXPERIENCE
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here over New Years this year and overall it was a good experience. The rooms are a little on the small size and we had to rearrange some of the furniture to be able to fit our 2 cases in (however we don't exactly travel light!) but the decor is modern and welcoming and the beds are comfortable.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the historic centre, only a short walk from Stephensen Platz and the main shopping area. There is also a Metro station in Stephensen Platz which I imagine would be very convenient for exploring the city. If you stay here, make sure you check out the very classy multi level market hall next door.

The hotel advertises that they have an alliance with a local gym where guests get a discounted rate, but on visiting said gym we were informed that there was no such arrangement, however they did take me at my word that we had been told there was and gave us a reduced rate.

Breakfast, although a little on the expensive side, is probably one of the most amazing breakfasts I've had! Has to be seen to be believed. Just beware. Soft boiled eggs means VERY soft boiled eggs!

Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katewitton
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Lamee is a great design hotel, but unfortunately quality does not meet expectations. Firstly when I moved in and asked for internet password I've been told at the reception there is no internet available in the hotel. Explanation was simple - its a new hotel, not everything is working yet. Only when I said that I do need internet for work and will have to move out receptionist called the manager. Manager came over totally ignored my presence and started explaining to the receptionist how to print out codes.

Second issue is the shower, in my room (64) drainage was not up to the speed and water was overflowing to the bathroom floor if you put water on for then 20 seconds. I found out about it the bad way - whole floor was covered in water when I got out of my first shower. I think its not the only problem with pluming, carpet next to the bathroom was constantly wet for 2 days I stayed there. Wearing slippers in room was not a big issue but room started to have a dump smell and I expect it would get only worse.

So all in all, hotel has great location, room very well designed and staff is friendly but I would avoid this place at least until the middle of 2013 to make sure all the operational issues are resolved.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Alena_l
PhilVienna, Manager at Hotel Lamee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Alena_l!

your Tripadvisor posting has come to my attention. First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us in our brand new Hotel Lamée & taking the time for your vital feedback. I must confess, what troubles me most is that one of our managers seemed unfriendly, rude and even worse totally ignored you. Since your portrayal does not quite clarify who exactly this manager was, I can assure you that I have investigated who was at work, on the 10th of December and have expressed my disappointment with each and every team member who could have been the culprit.

On top of that I have immediately instructed our technical manager to fix the drainage problem, which you encountered in your room. Next to your wet feet and the damp smell, this faulty drainage can cause a lot more harm. So thank you again for pointing this out!

Further I would like to thank you for your understanding that the Hotel Lamée just opened, nevertheless this should not be an excuse! Rest assured that we take you critic very seriously and do hope you will recognise our efforts upon your next stay with us.

Please do let me know when you are heading to Vienna, I would be more than obliged to welcome you back and proof to you that we have undertaken every action to make your next stay and enjoyable one!

with kind regards