“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #75 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel unexpectedly when our booking to stay in another hotel in Vienna was cancelled and we were transferred to the Topazz. It wasn't a good start to our holiday but the Hotel TOPAZZ was wonferful. It had only been open for 2 weeks, the breakfasts were lovely, as were the staff. It was conveniently situated for sightseeing and if we go to Vienna again we would definitely stay there. There were many complimentary extras and the rooms were very comfortable. It is a lovely boutique style hotel and we wish them the best of luck.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank royandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I get to travel to Vienna very frequently on business. So far, I've stayed in more than 40 different hotels in all categories and on many different locations, and I really haven't been able to find an optimal combination of comfort, design, location and price. After my first stay at Topazz hotel, I seems that this could be it.

Hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Vienna, within walking distance of all major attractions, and close to two metro stations. Rooms might not be the largest in Vienna, but are certainly beautifully designed and exceptionally comfortable. Surprisingly though, bathrooms are quite large and very stylish, equipped with all necessary amenities. Unlike many modern design hotels, where everything seems conceptually beautiful in a brochure, but turns up to be quite cheap in real life, in this hotel it is all well made and of high quality. (At least that was my first impression).
Rooms have basically all necessary amenities, even 3D TV (with glasses). The only objection I would have are relatively small closets, lack of coffee machines and ironing boards (otherwise it would be outstanding).
Hotel has only one restaurant , with some of the most interesting and exciting breakfast concepts I've every seen. There are however, no bars or lounges at the hotel.
Staff was very friendly and I had a feeling that things might improve even more over the time.
This certainly is not a cheap place, and with current rates, I do find it to be a bit overpriced, as there are several more luxurious hotels in Vienna that are just only 10-20% more expensive. However, overall I think it is one of the most promising new hotels in Vienna and might be the best option for me at the moment.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank dBogda
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed for a weekend in Vienna to visit some friends. I travel quite often and I prefer to stay in smaller hotels with a more personal touch to it - and this hotel really delivers! Starting from my check-in the experience was outstanding. I was welcomed by very friendly staff which was kind enough to look for an already available room as I checked in early. The room is decorated with unique pieces of eccletic design furniture, all giving the room a cosy feel (the room is NOT kind of modern cold!). The bed was big and very comfortable. The room was ok in size while the bathroom was quite generous. A nice detail is the divan integrated in the window.
Food and drinks for me was an amazing surprise throughout my stay. Minibar is for free, they offer excellent afternoon snacks and drinks in their restaurant area and breakfast is just outstanding. The breakfast buffet is full of small little delicacies, presented in a creative way (hand made jams in small ittle pots, home made cereal bars and butter creatively wrapped etc.). All food is said to be local and organic - another very positive suprise. The breakfast buffet was complemented by an extensive list of other dishes you can order fresh amongst it a big selection of egg dishes, but also cheeses and cold cuts as well as some typical austrian breakfast sweets. As I like to try new things I ordered egg with lentils, which sounded a bit strange to me, but turned out to be a masterpiece.
I hope that hotel management can keep this standard!!! I am sure that I will go back and try it on my next trip to Vienna.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We were moved to this hotel by the hotel Am Stephansplatz because they had over booked, and can only thank them so much, we went to the Am Stephansplatz and really wonder why they are rated the top hotel in Vienna by trip advisor customers. We were delighted the hotel is new, modern, beds were very comfortable, we don't like air conditioning so didn't have an issue, although I think in summer months the hotel could have a few complaints hopefully they will be able to sort them out, the shower was fantastic, the hot and cold water taps in the sink just trickled, but that certainly didn't spoil our holiday. We enjoyed the breakfast even though it was very different to what we are used to as it is a very 'green' hotel all natural foods, and the little extra of food and drinks during the day were a lovely bonus. Staff were fantastic nothing was too much trouble they were so helpful, I hope Hotel Topazz gets top rating eventually. Location was the best a three minute walk from St Stephen's Cathedral, so in a quiet street close to everything. Well done Hotel Topazz would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I have been one of the first guests at the hotel so I did not expect too much but amazed from the beginning: the staff at the reception is very friendly and the rooms are cosy and had many surprising details. Especially the divan in the big windows was very nice. Looking at the streets of Vienna is always fun.The breakfast is definetely one of the best I ever ate and was very creative.
I loved the hotel and I hope to come back soon!

• Stayed April 2012
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Right in the center and next to the Stephansdome, this cosy little hotel made me feel extremely comfortable. It does look quite cool and futuristic on the outside, but the warm interior and friendly service makes up for this. Free snacks and drinks (incl Wine) in the common room until 22:00. Where else does one get this? And the breakfast is definately one of the best I ever had!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Nyc
Reviewed 3 May 2012

They just opened when we stayed, so we have to cut them a little slack. You should know that the air conditioning will not ever go below 21 degrees. (70 F) They said it's because they are a green hotel. On a hot day in Vienna, it wasn't cool enough. There is no restaurant or bar; so no room service. There is a breakfast available downstairs in the lower level. The design is new and modern. The rooms are pretty small. The staff was friendly and apologetic about things like not having any plug adapters and attributed it to being a new hotel. Wifi was spotty. The best thing about the hotel I can say is that its location. It is as close to the center as you could be.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank RoscoeNyc
Georg G, Manager at Hotel Topazz, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear valued Guest,

First and foremost we would like to thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to bring your comments to our attention. It is only through constructive feedback like yours that we can continuously strive to improve our services and offerings for our guests.

We do take comments like yours very seriously and we would like to assure you that, in the meantime, the various issues with settings such as WiFi and air conditioning have successfully been solved.

Even though we do not have a restaurant that is open for public at present we certainly offer a selection of food and beverage items to be consumed in the rooms. With the opening of our sister hotel LAMEE, which is situated right on the other side of the street, we will also be opening our restaurant Café Bar BLOOM, catering to the needs of the guests of our two hotels.

We would like to sincerely apologize for not completely having met your expectations during your most recent stay and we do, however, hope that you will be visiting us again in the future in order for us to be able to show you that Hotel TOPAZZ can in fact provide the service you rightfully expect from a hotel of our kind.

With best regards