“A pleasant stay”

Austria Trend Hotel Ananas
Ranked #160 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel Ananas is part of the Smart category, which includes a number of three and four star hotels, all very conveniently located, that offer quality services at good prices. I think this is true for this hotel, as I've had a pleasant stay here. There are other hotels that I've stayed at in Vienna in this category and I have to say I was happy with all of them. While this wasn't the best hotel I booked in Vienna, it was a nice experience. The Ananas is located next to an underground station that will take you to the historic city centre in minutes. Its location is a big advantage because all the attractions of central Vienna are within reach. Also, the Schonbrunn Palace, the amazing Imperial Gardens and the Schonbrunn Zoo are just an underground train ride away. The hotel is very conveniently set between two beautiful parts of the city. Take one underground line and see the historic Vienna center or go on the line towards the palace and the beautiful part if Vienna it's located in. What I also like about this hotel is that parking is available at the hotel's garage and they allow pets. My room was small but comfortable, but I noticed that room size varies on the same floor. I visited a friend's room three doors down and noticed that her room was bigger and brighter. The breakfast buffet was nice, with plenty of food to choose from. The coffee machines kept breaking down, which was a bit annoying, but I got coffee at the bar afterwards. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Ananas: great location, comfy room and very nice hotel staff.

Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've had relatives staying at this hotel and I visited them. The hotel is very dirty, worn out and needs some serious wash or refurbishing. The room looked ok but the hall, elevator and lobby left me wondering when was it properly cleaned if ever at all. The lobby bar/coffee shop contained even more surprises. We have ordered some cakes and tea. The lady at the counter have used her fingers.... to pick up the slice of cake and place it on a plate. No gloves, no knife, no other instrument but her bare hand. I was shocked. She didn't seem to be worried at all. Moreover, she was very rude. It looked totally normal to her to behave this way.

I would not advise to stay in this hotel but it you do please avoid that lobby bar/coffee shop unless you find such treatment appropriate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AnnaStar888
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We chose these hotel for it's reasonable price vs. location. Would not come back to this place. Basically because of the service. A lot of reviews say that it's not 4* hotel. I agree. However the service we faced brings it down to 1* Motel.
Few days before the flight I've emailed the hotel and asked to get quiet room, in the upper floor and on the rear side of the building with double bed - sleep quality is very important for us. Two days after that, when I got no answer, I called the hotel. A very polite agent recognized our order and promised that will get double bed, and they will do their best to provide us the required room. As the hotel is really huge, I thought there will be no problem. As we got to the reception, we got the opposite of our request. So we asked to change to another room and got a room with two separate beds, that smelled like a pub - alcohol and a lot of cigarette smoke. As we went back to the reception, we were said that there is no other room available now (no apologies for the room condition). We waited two more hours to get the room. After that time, we got another room with 2 beds instead of a double one. Only when we asked to speak with a manager, suddenly an appropriate room was found. The manager did not show up, but promised to call us back. We are still waiting for this call. The next morning we asked to get 2 additional blankets (BTW, you will get double bed with two tiny blankets). We were promised to get those until the evening. This did not happen not that evening nor later.
They will also promise you Free Wifi. It's free because one should not pay for something that does not exist.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roman K
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Average hotel in the good location. The staff in the reception was very friendly and helpful. But this is definitely not a 4 star hotel as mentioned on various booking sites. There was very poor wifi signal in the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank matejs
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is not a 4 star hotel, it does not offer what a 4 star hotel should, at a push I would say 3 stars. I believe the hotel is mis representing them selves and therefore is well below expectations. The hotel was clean, and the location was fine, but we booked this as a special getaway, choosing a 4 star to have a bit of luxury and this was not supplied!

We booked through booking.com, we paid extra to have a room with King bed, and ended up being checked into a twin room, after a visit to reception at 3pm, we were told you shouldn't have checked in till 4pm anyway and we charge extra for this, so you can have this for free!

I was disgusted, I said I never asked to be checked in early, and we can wait till 4pm to get the room we paid extra for and booked. I was then told they were fully booked and that we had no option but to like it or lump it, they said they would have a king room the next day, there was no appology, and blatent rudeness from the reception staff. As we walked back to the room we noticed three rooms, with king beds being cleaned by housekeeping, and then when we went out a coach party arrived! The obviously put booking.com bookings wow down on their priority of who to upset and had pre designated and charged us extra for rooms they had given to other people. When asking for them to refund the room difference they said that this was not possible and they did not know anything about the extra charge! An absolute disgrace.

When we moved the next morning to the king room, I could not believe my eyes that they give you two single duvets on a king bed! I have never seen this in all hotels I have stayed in. The breakfast in the morning was so disorganised, we asked several members of staff for coffee, and almost went behind the counter to get it ourselves we were so frustrated. We were there the middle of service and there was barely anything out, and most utensils, glasses, plates etc none existant.

There was no room service, there was no host at breakfast, the staff were almost rude in some cases, the room was basic, the door on the bathroom is on a roller so does not stay shut, not great when sharing the room, the shower was at a height no one over 5ft 6 could use properly, the light in the bathoom wasn't working in the first bedroom, overall I can some it up in one word!

DISAPPOINTING!

Room Tip: Avoid and book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 42jayne
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great location (right opposite the metro station or about 10-15 min. walking distance from city center). Very nice, comfortable and clean rooms. Rich breakfast with everything that you may need! A little bit crowded but too much food and space for all!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theamki
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed 2 days in this hotel in march 2014, the room is quite good and like a normal 4 stars hotels, location is well near the center of the Vienna. you will have Internet in all places with good connection. Breakfast is not in range of 4 stars Hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo