Hotel Marc Aurel
US$271
US$406
US$376
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsairport buswalking distancegreat locationsmall hotelbuffet breakfastother guestshigh ceilingsinner cityon footquiet streetair conditioningstar hotelwifinoisereceptionistminibardanube
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed a night in July 2013 and liked it. Location was very good, easy to reach from the airport by U-bahn. Right in the center so it takes only few minutes to get to in the middle of Altstad. Street was quiet. Air conditioned room was quite basic but we didn't expect much. Breakfast was ok and the staff was friendly although seemed a little bit stressed at the time. Good hotel for a nice city holidays. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Henkka1978
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The location is central but don't trust the staff it costantly feels like they are cheating you. The advise they offer is onpy towards items they get commission on. The little items here and there to swindle you for another euro here and there is frustating, and the attitude is arrogant.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank vanwandering
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel is located in city center near the airport bus station. This is big advantage if you are with kids as we were. There are lot of restaurants in the area. The Stephansdorm is a few minutes walk. The location is perfect. The rooms are big enough and clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floors maybe will have less noise from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VelinaND
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights recently, and had a positive experience. The hotel is located fantastically, 1 minute away from an airport bus stop, minutes from the subway and city center. Although I stayed at the same time as some friends, I walked home by myself a number of times, and did not feel unsafe.
My room was not big, but fine and clean. Decoration is a little dated, but all in one piece and working order. The bathroom and towels were also all nice and clean. There is a minibar in the room, which also provides the opportunity to keep a few drinks of your own (supermarket also within 50m).
The included breakfast was quite nice, nothing super fancy, but fresh bread rolls, cheese/meats etc, eggs, and a very wide selection of cereals. Also, there was still plenty of food when I arrived 10 minutes before the end of breakfast, which is definitely not always the case, even in more expensive hotels.

The slightly less positive: the wifi did not reach my room (which was all they way at the end of the corridor), but was perfectly fine in my friends room. If this is really important to you, you may want to ask to switch rooms. The other aspect of the location, is that it can get noisy. The hotel is in an old building, in the city center. So if you are unlucky with your neighbours you will hear them. And yes, you hear drunk people on the street in the weekend. However, for me this did not prevent me from sleeping just fine. It may be an issue for sensitive sleepers though, but then they should avoid not only this hotel, but all similar buildings in very central locations.

In all, great value for money considering its location, I would stay here again on my next trip to Vienna.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NausicaaNL
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here for one night in mid-October, sight unseen, on my first trip to Vienna, an overnight stay. I took the bus from the airport; it dropped me off at a stop only a 3 minute walk from the hotel. On this street is also a place called Pickwick, which has an incredible selection of used books to read and/or buy, great wine, and a lovely menu. The Marc Aurel is decorated beautifully, was spotlessly clean, and I was welcomed with warmth and graciousness. The evening clerk went out of his way to answer my questions on getting around, and on where to go in my few short hours in Vienna the next day. My room was very small, but I knew that in advance and I loved it. It was a tiny miracle, actually; everything was there, perfectly placed, and very well designed. I would happily have stayed a week. I will look for a reason to go back to Vienna and I will absolutely stay at the Marc Aurel again. To top it all off, for 80 Euros in the Inner Stradt, within easy walking distance of St. Stephens and museums, it just couldn't be better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business