Austria Classic Hotel Wien
Hotels.com
US$343
US$335
  • Restaurant
Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$114
  • Room Service
1,544 results
All reviewspraterstern stationprater parkcity centreferris wheels bahnminute walkbreakfast buffetthree starlovely hotelwould definitely stay here againfamily roomsingle roomquiet roomhotel is locatedcold meatswould highly recommend this hotelthe hotel is clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

For the price this hotel was excellent, the breakfast that was included in the price was pretty good. The hotels long corridors, red carpets and age reminds me of the hotel in the shining, to bad I could find a axe to chase around some other guests.

Johnny Out!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ClassicHotelWien, Manager at Austria Classic Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Mr. Johnny, or may I call you Jack?!

Many thanks for your brilliant review and for making me smile!

I am a big fan of the movie “The Shining” and I disagree with you that our carpets could remind any guest of the “Overlook Hotel”. Our carpets in the corridors are red or blue and have a decent pattern. The carpets in the Overlook Hotel in the movie have a psychedelic pattern in orange/brown/red, very 70ies! You see, I am a specialist on carpets and horror movies! ;-)

We are all glad that you did NOT find an axe to chase other guests around!! If you like, you can participate in our Halloween video this year, I am sure we find the perfect role for you! Axes will be available by October 31st!

Kind regards
Wendy Torrance aka Ingeborg Seitz, Manager of Austria Classic Hotel Wien
PS Too sad I can´t attach a photo of the Overlook carpet here! My advise for other guests: simply google "The shinging carpet" and look for photos :-)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here for a 1-week work trip and would highly recommend it to other visitors to Vienna. The hotel itself is comfortable and very conveniently-located: on a major road, near a metro station, accessible to the city center by foot or subway, but far enough removed from the center that you don't have to worry about noise.

My biggest compliment goes to the incredibly friendly and very helpful staff. They were so pleasant and gave very good advice on things to do in the area, even recommending their own favorite restaurants near their own homes. My colleagues and I had a wonderful time at a heuriger recommended by their staff. As a business traveler, I really appreciated their adding that extra level of hospitality.

The breakfast was also very good - lots of healthy Austrian breads and good coffee.

The room was a bit on the small pod-ish side, which was fine and efficient for a business traveler but might cramp your style if you're traveling with a family or want something a bit more open. (They may have bigger rooms, I wouldn't know, just be sure to ask.) Also, my one particular complaint is that if you have a room facing the inner courtyard where the cafe/breakfast area is, you may be subject to hearing people's late-night conversations, which echo up the walls and can be quite loud and prolonged! I would recommend they not allow guests to carry on too long out there after bedtime. Having said that, the rooms were efficiently maintained and the beds in particular were very comfortable.

I would happily stay here again and recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: Beware the rooms facing the inner courtyard, if anyone decides to have a late night conversation out there, the noise carries easily and you're along for the ride.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cello C
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located with easy transfer from airport (by train), town centre is easy walk (or underground). Hotel staff were so helpful and accommodating. Rooms were extremely clean. Breakfast was a little limited, the only thing hot was scrambled egg. Overall great value, would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed recently with my 17 year old girl five nights at Austria Classic Hotel. I want to thank the staff for the excellent conditions provided and courtesy they gave evidence. The services were just as I expected and the pictures reflect the reality. Breakfast was varied and rich, cleaning every day, free internet access and strong signal. Access to the internet is done by connecting to a site, and after login you get access for a limited time (which is shown) and if you want to use the Internet you have to be logged in again. A tip on the classic double rooms, is that the bathroom is a bit too narrow for a person more full bodied. In the end I think this deserves a place above in the standings in Vienna. It was easy to get from airport by taking S7 to station Prater. The ticket cost 4.2 Euros. The hotel is near the Prater, 5 minutes walking. Sure if I will have the opportunity to visit Vienna Steakhouse with the pleasure of staying at the Austria Classic Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view to the courtyard are quieter and A/C working very well. The bathroom from classic double is a little narrow.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I, like others, would say that three stars is a tad low for this hotel. It's extremely comfortable, well maintained and staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended for anyone looking for comfortable accommodation that is excellent value for money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends