“Great surprise”

Novotel Suites Wien City Donau
Ranked #125 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This hotel is worth the price. Rooms are big, clean and the good thing is toilets and bathroom are separated.
The personnel is really pro-active and pay attention to your needs.
Only one regret: if you like workout the room is really small so you can not do a lot. If you lilke to run it is not easy to find a place to run. Or you can run accross the river and you will see the Donau Park that is pretty cool for jogging ;-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
h3720, Manager at Novotel Suites Wien City Donau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear guest,

I am glad that your stay has met your expectations. I am gladley forwarding your comments to my staff.

I would be pleasure welcoming you again at Suite Novotel Wien Messe.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Suites Wien City Donau

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Excellent hotel well positioned for airport train and easy access to city on underground line U1. Very large room well equipped and good value for money. Use Vienna card for best value on transport and Art Galleries.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John L

Dear guest,

thank you for your great comment on trpadvisor.com.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again at Suite Novotel Wien Messe.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Decent hotel in a perfectly okay if rather nondescript area which is reasonably close to the centre, but not walking distance. Close to metro, and close to a supermarket. Vienna metro is quick, cheap and easy to use, so you really don't need to stay in the historic centre unless you really want to.

A very clever and modern design, I liked it, and although I staying alone the room was big enough to share with a friend - eg a sofa bed, and a screen to divide the room in two between the bed and the sofa bed.

Kitchen area of room (and the microwave) very useful. Internet fast and good. Bathroom and separate toilet well designed and clean. Bed very firm (hard) and so, in my view, comfortable. There are fire doors in corridors and smoke alarms in the room and public areas.

I found the reception staff fine (was concerned having read some reviews that they might be a bit unhelpful, but I didn't encounter that at all, they were pleasant and professional).

Air conditioning wasn't working as far as I could tell, but maybe they'd have turned it on if it was really hot. A bit more candour on that wouldn't go amiss. If it's not turned on, or is just circulating air, they should say.

I didn't deal with the whole breakfast situation, it looked confusing, although I gather from other reviews that some people aren't delighted by it, but quite frankly the price was so good I don't care. It was a nice, big, clean, light, well equipped and pleasant room in a nice and reasonably central area at a very fair price for Vienna so I was happy.

I'd stay again, and have recommended it to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear guest,

thank you very much endeed for your nice comment on this site.

I am realy looking forward to your next stay at Suite Novotel Wien Messe.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Beautiful rooms, very comfortable and clean. It is best choice if you are with one or two children. The package: room plus breakfast, if you are with children, is very good one.
Very close to the hotel are few restaurants where you can take the dinner. The location are not very close to city center, but very close to the subway station. To Stephan's Dome (city center) are at 3 subway stations far and to Prater are 2 stations far from hotel.
You can park your car on the street near to hotel without any charge.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Xdmat
h3720, Manager at Novotel Suites Wien City Donau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for such a positive comment on tripadvisor.com.

It is great to see that our efforts are being noticed.

I am realy looking forward to your next stay at Suite Novotel Wien Messe.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We've read all these good reviews and we had maybe too high expectations. It's very well located and very close to a metro station. The room was very spacious but the wc had an apalling urine smell. The breakfast was decent but if the hotel is full and you want to have breakfast after 09.00 then be prepared to wait to get a table.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank georgios123

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on tripadvisor.com. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

We would be glad to show our improvment at your next stay at our property.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Beautiful room, quiet stay. The room has a good internet connection (wifi or high-speed wire), a good-sized work table. The bathroom is reasonable, not high luxury, but with everything you need. The bed and other furniture in the room was comfortable, the room was clean. The room has a kettle (but no cups) and a little sink, a separate toilet, which was nice. Very little room for clothes, etc, There is a very small shelf in the bathroom, a tiny wardrobe and a couple of shelves for shirts, etc.
On the down-side, the reception is not friendly or efficient - I was left standing several minutes while waiting for the receptionist to finish doing something on the computer and another man stood by trying to look busy but not really doing anything. The receptionist, then had to serve drinks at the bar while I continued waiting. She did not have time for an apology, an excuse or a "I'll be with you in a minute".
Also, the room is well equipped but consumables are not replaced. My plastic water glass was taken away every day, but never replaced. Also, once I had used the little flask of shower soap provided, it was not replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside facing room, giving on a garden/park rather than on the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
h3720, Manager at Novotel Suites Wien City Donau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Suite Novotel Wien Messe. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Suite Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The room was nice and spacious although the location is a bit out the way (but close to where I was working).

Unfortunately I was greeted by many orange flies crawling on the walls and floor in my room (on 3rd floor). I wiped them away but every day they would return to greet me upon getting back to my hotel room. They must have come in through the air-con vents or something as the windows were all closed during the day. Some were small and others much larger but every day without fail I'd find between 5 - 10 in my room walking around.

Frankly this is unacceptable and I'd urge management to take a look.

Also - despite my best efforts at regulating the temperature, the air-con did not work well and it blew out hot air throughout my stay. Last week it was between 15C and 20C in Vienna and the room was baking..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank p0lak

Dear guest

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Suite Novotel Wien Messe. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.