“Spacious room”

Novotel Suites Wien City Donau
Ranked #122 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Would not recommend this hotel. I checked in on the 19 June 2014 and I witnessed one of the bar/reception staff being racist. He loudly asked one of the guest if they were Chinese ( luckily he wasn't ) and then went on making random noises mocking the Chinese. I was just by the reception and he was saying it loud enough for the entire lobby to hear him. When he noticed that I overheard this, instead of apologising he just starred at me challenging me to react - I am Singaporean of Chinese ethnicity. This behaviour is unacceptable and I found this extremely offensive and rude. I can't believe there's still
people like this today! Inexcusable and not what I expected from Novotel.

General service was also very poor. Another receptionist was not helpful when I asked about general tourist attractions. Instead I was just shoved a whole bunch of brochures. Simple request such as a change of towels were ignored. When I called the reception again, I was asked to come down and collect it. There wasn't even an apology for not bringing it up at first.

The rooms are at least decent size. A little dated but clean. Location is good, it's right next to the metro station. Breakfast was good too. Also as a warning. The bathroom has no door so if you're not a couple it's a little awkward.

I would not however come back or recommend. It almost ruined my holiday. Racist behaviour from the particular Novotel staff and poor overall service. I'd recommend everyone stay well away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Traveller1827
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Occasitionally in 2005, I have choosen Suite Novotel Wien Messe hotel in Vienna. Since that time, I stay in this hotel every time when I visit Vienna. i actually like everithing in this hotel. Especially, I like the rooms which are relatively big compared to other hotels...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

h3720, Manager at Novotel Suites Wien City Donau, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice comment and for your loyalty. I am delighted to read how you enjoy your stays at Suite Novotel. I will share your comments with our team.
Travellers also viewed these Vienna hotels
Novotel Wien City
ibis budget Wien Messe
#161 of 362 in Vienna
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,513 reviews
Austria Trend Hotel Lassalle Wien

Been to Novotel Suites Wien City Donau? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Suites Wien City Donau

Property: Novotel Suites Wien City Donau
Address: Radingerstrasse 2, Vienna 1020, Austria
Region: Austria > Vienna Region > Vienna > Leopoldstadt
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
#23 Green Hotel in Vienna
#89 Family Hotel in Vienna
#126 Business Hotel in Vienna
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Novotel Suites Wien City Donau 3*
The Suitehotel Wien Messe is 7 minutes from the city centre (approx. 3km) close to the Austria Center and the Vienna Exhibition Hall. 10 minutes from Stephansdom Cathedral, 15 km from Vienna Schwechat airport. 158 inviting modular suites with airconditioning, 30sqm in size. 24 hour services include Boutique Gourmande self service gourmet food counter, gym, business corner with WiFi access and free high speed Internet. Bar, free massage on Thursday evenings, private undercover parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Suites Wien City Donau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Suite Novotel Wien Messe Hotel Vienna