“So close to St. Stephen's”
Review of Pension Domizil

Pension Domizil
Ranked #128 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is a great hotel very close to St Stephens and to all the other attractions in the old part of Vienna. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean and large for an older building. With lots of restaurants close by. There was no AC but a fan worked ok. The location is the great selling point for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GenevieveCanada
There are newer reviews for Pension Domizil

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay 15 to 21 July 2012. The hotel is located right in the middle of what were going on with short walking distance to many interesting and impressive sights.
The hotel offers a good start of the day with its breakfast. The room did not have an AC, and on hot days/nights the fan is insufficient, and with an open window it is very noisy. Staff is superb!!!. More flexibility in late departure would be appreciated, you may however keep your luggage safely free of charge in the store room.
The hotel is an excellent choice for a weekend or a short week. Next time in Wien we will stay here again.
Satisfied guests

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
6  Thank HOT411
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here in late May the room was very spacious neat and clean, the staff at reception were warm and friendly,and the breakfast was great. It was very central to everything. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are probably roomier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dimitri40
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Having come from a great experience in Prague, we arrived to a dark place where there wasn't even a reception area just a clerk desk. Our room was the size of a closet without air conditioning even though the hotel sites claimed it was 4 star and was air conditioned. We were supposed to stay 5 nights and left after one. I would not recommend it, especially as classified as a 4 star hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Phillykids
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I loved this hotel. I arrived in Vienna in the morning after flying all night and went directly to the hotel hopoing to leave my bags there while I went sight seeing. Instead they gave me my room because someone had an early check out! The front desk woman was the most helpful hotel staff I have ever had. She showed me where things were on a map and how to get there. When I asked her to recommend somewhere local and authentic to eat she gave me directions to a wonderful place where I had the best weiner schnitzel!

The hotel was full of character and my room was perfect. I had a single room and the only room on the front of the hotel with a balcony. Large beautiful glass doors opened to let the air in and a high window also opened. The bed was comfortable and the room spotless.

Breakfast included was really good and there were a lot of choices.

Best of all is the location of this gem of a hotel. A two minute walk from St Stephens Cathedral and underground subway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kj4Ontario
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I brought a small group here in April. Throughout our stay, ALL the staff went out of their way to greet us with a smile AND remember our names. The rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. And you could not want for a better location - a minute walk from the cathedral, plenty of restaurants and yet tucked away so avoiding much of the city noise.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to take a ground floor room - they are very secure and they are at the back of t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com
1  Thank SgtBilkoWestSussex
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed for a conference in the centre of vienna and chose this hotel for the excellent location. However, the lobby and the hallways STANK of cigarette smoke, and our first floor rooms smelled of frying bacon in the morning - a bit grim for vegetarians. We pointed out the smells to the staff, who said it was a non-smoking hotel, despite the ashtrays provided in every room. They did offer us a room on the fourth floor however. They can't provide an iron, and tried to sell me their laundry service, but after much begging and getting stressed an iron magically appeared, but no ironing board. To be fair the staff were generally incredibly helpful with directions, taxi's etc except the night manager, who was surly, rude and defensive. The rooms at the front of the hotel are not double glazed and they are consequently pretty noisy at night. I don't think the slight drop in price for a city centre room is worth it at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business