1,074 results
All reviews musical instruments free lockers bed dorm common areas common room cheap breakfast laundry room fully equipped kitchen minute walk westbahnhof train station great facilities private bathroom enjoyed my stay washing machine city centre public transport visiting vienna
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The location was great - very close to the metro. Staff are friendly and helpful. I love how the hostel is very eco-friendly. It is fairly clean, what I would expect from any hostel. I really like the bar and common area downstairs (the bartender is also super nice!!). Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This was an excellent place to stay. Just to mention that the staff were extremely helpful and did everything to make our stay perfect. We had a problem with a lost key ( our fault) but the staff were so professional, flexible and gracious about it. Can't recommend high enough!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

If you are on a budget just don’t go to vienna. The hostel is quite garbage it’s warmer then a sauna filled with 10 fatties and they decide to let construction go on outside the window for 3 hours whilst your trying to sleep. Honestly if you are traveling just sleep on the street because atleast then your water will be set at one temperature. Sincerely an unhappy visitor.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adam G
StefanLovesTravel, Manager at Hostel Ruthensteiner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Adam G

first of all let me say I am sorry for the things you did not enjoy at our Hostel and the city.
There is the occasional time, once in a few years where we can really not satisfy a guest - this time it seems two good friends who had a really bad trip in Vienna (I mean you and Maxlong that both gave us and other businesses in Vienna terrible ratings inside of 48 hours) with what seems similar problems. There is even a longer description of what you refer to as "water will be set on one temperature" problem in the other review you gave us which makes us think that you two maybe shared the same shower ;)? Or more probable opened a second TA Account just for us.

For us the most important thing is that our guests feels comfortable and at home with us and if you guys would have came to the desk with your complaints we would have done anything in our power to better your experience.

All the best, your Ruthi Family!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

At first I thought this Hostel is going to be bad but it was nothing compared to my expectations. First example is when I went to have a shower at a normal hotel you get to choose your shower temperature but here, all temperatures go from freeze your nuts of cold to am I in Chad I am boiling. Then there are the rooms, my wardrobe is better then this room. The room would not fit someone over 100kg and if you come during the summer, your room will feel warmer than a sauna. Finally when i went to have a dump the light turns off every 10 seconds which sure saves electricity but is very concerning when i am trying to wipe my buttocks. If your on a really tight budget, the street is a better option.

Room Tip: Rooms are all tiny
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheDuneBoi

Dear Max,
first of all let me say I am sorry that we have managed to be worse than you apparently already low expectations. Although I am not sure why you stayed with us - we are not the cheapest Hostel in Vienna and are usually booked out earlier than others - when you already had a bad expectation? But usually we would pride our Hostel to turn your expectations around already at check-in!
That we could not is sad. There is the occasional time, once in a few years where we can really not satisfy a guest - this time it seems two good friends who had a really bad trip in Vienna (I mean you and Adam G that both gave us and other businesses in Vienna terrible ratings).
For us the most important thing is that our guests feels comfortable and at home with us and if you guys would have came to the desk with your complaints we would have done anything in our power to set the bathroom timer to 4 minutes (like it should be - enough time to clean even the biggest most beautiful buttocks), fixed the water and maybe upgraded you to a better room!
Maybe next time you can trust us to help you or book in a place where you feel happy to stay at to begin with.
All the best, your Ruthi Family!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Great hostel, I found it a little hard to get around Vienna at night on arrival- I was quite clumsy with google maps. Arrived to a very cheery greeting from staff, make you feel very welcome! Great bar, nice breakfast, good facilities, garden is a nice chill out area too. Great for any traveller. Stayed in a private single room, clean, tidy, fan and window. Provide linen, towels and laundry powder.

Highly recommend!