Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kim858
Sierra Vista, Arizona

Great Location! Helpful front desk.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Oct 2013
Sprayed here for one night. Very comfortable beds, clean spacious rooms. Great breakfast. Would definitely stay again. Great value.

The front desk was helpful with a great authentic Viennese restaurant as well.
Date of stay: October 2013
2.9 miles from Pension Schoenbrunn
Restaurant
Room service
View more hotels in Vienna
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very convenient to subway stop; rooms large, clean, and bright; good breakfast buffet; and staff very helpful. Desk and sofa table allow for lots of work space.Have stayed here twice and will again on return to Vienna

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sherpa-charlie
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We choose this hotel based on location and it very to the train station and Schonbrunn Palace and actually we had a great room, we were treated excellent by the staff, excellent breakfast, and it has underground car parking too. The good is that it is close to the train, tourist attractions, and small local restaurants and there is nothing that I remember bad about this hotel.

Room tip: It has an elevator so just don't choose a room on the main road.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kurt5280
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Considering how expensive hotels in metropolitan cities are, this little number is a great deal.

Lovely bits:
Very friendly and kind staff.
Shiny clean
Delicious breakfast buffet
A hop to Schönbrunn Castle and Metro
Large-room options
Budget friendly
Reliable, complimentary wifi
Health food store in walking distance

Less Nice:

Single rooms are very narrow and the first floor ones are quite sad.
I laughed every night because the bed is ridiculously hard, not in a spring mattress way, but like hard foam.
The pillow feels like it's filled with cotton balls. I did not sleep well, but the hotel is so pleasant that I didn't
mind as much as I usually would.
If someone is smoking on garden patio, rooms facing it will get a sniff.
Rude people who laugh and linger in the stairwell will surely bother even those at the far end of the corridor.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 5StarBohemian
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We booked as we were specifically in Wien to attend a concert at Schoenbrunn palace. Easy walking distance, 200m, from the Orangerie! Very friendly staff. Good breakfast. Spacious room. Also easy access to the public transport. City bus outside the door and the "metro" was as close as the palace. Very quiet. Would stay again.
Fascinating old lift and very intimate!

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mickthepom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I visited Vienna for New Year's Eve this year, and under advisement from my Austrian friend, I chose this hotel. It is not in the downtown area, which is exactly where I DID NOT want to be on such a busy Holiday, and it was extremely convenient to hop on the subway to the City Center, and you are there in 15 minutes. And as many other reviewers have mentioned, it is right by The Schonbrunn Palace, which could keep one amused for several days. We went to The Christmas/New Year's market there, which had lots of beautiful crafts, and delicious Viennese food treats. I also went to a marionette performance of "The Magic Flute" at their theatre, which was amazing, although it was in German, and I had to use my imagination to follow the story. Still absolutely incredible. The area felt very safe to me, as did all of Vienna, and we went to several good restaurants in the area, a little local knowledge goes a long way, but if you don't have a Viennese friend as I did, I am sure research would reveal some great places close by to you as well. As for the service, Jorg(spelling) was there to help me with my bag right when I walked in the door, and walked me through the breakfast process the next morning, he was very helpful. I heard him speaking at least 4 languages during breakfast. The other desk peeps always greeted me with a smile. Breakfast was great,. they have a Nespresso machine, woohoo! There were also some homemade holiday cakes and cookies that were delicious! My room was lovely, very big by European standards, and certainly a great deal for the price. The bathroom was large, and the shower had some of the best water pressure of my entire trip this time, or any trip for that matter. I had a corner room, with a great view of some Viennese rooftops, and the fireworks, of which the Viennese are quite fond, it seems...My bed was wonderful, very comfortable and roomy. I found the heat to be a bit much, so I turned it down, and the housekeeper turned it up, and I ended up keeping it off by the end of my trip, as for some reason that room stayed warm despite the cold outside temperature. The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars was that they wouldn't let me pay in advance on my credit card, so I needed to bring it. To sum it all up, I am a travel agent, and travel is my passion, I would not hesitate to recommend Pension Schonbrunn to any of my clients and friends who are eager to visit Vienna, an absolutely amazing city.

Date of stay: December 2012