“Bliss”

Ranked #7 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Bliss”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

What was undoubtedly one of the best things about this gorgeous hotel, aside from the groovy décor, deliciously abundant breakfasts and complimentary afternoon tea was the very kind and friendly attitude of all the staff. It felt like staying in a cool friend’s house, where nothing was too much trouble and staff were natural and genuine. None of that hideously forced hospitality-speak that so many other establishments deal out to their customers while so obviously not giving a damn about them. Simple things like offering guests at check-in a much needed glass of water before getting down to business. Why, oh why, do so many other places fail to see that it is this sort of personal touch that will give us warm fuzzy feelings towards the Alstadt for many years to come.

It's also in a great location close, but not too close, to the Museum Quarter. And the beautifully crafted restaurant and café recommendations couldn't have suited us better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SkyeWater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Loule, Portugal
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We went here in Feb and found it to be just perfect
Each room is different and very pleasant
The staff were very friendly And helpful
They gave us a list of places to visit and eat

great breakfast with champagne

Room Tip: Make sure you ask the staff for places to visit or eat in
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerard m
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I loved:
The pillows and bed in general! Fabulous compared to the hotel I stayed in the previous night in Budapest and compared to the one I stayed last night still in Viena (there were no more rooms available at the alstadt for this weekend)
All bathroom goodies were from l'occitane...gotta love the smells, textures, quality...
Staff very warm and welcoming! Service was great!
Free wifi and very good quality/ variety breakfast (just made eggs)
Overall clean and well taken care of
Modern rooms (tastefully decorated) on an older looking building...loved the contrast
Good location

Didn't like:
Other colleagues complained that the M... Corridor looked like a horror movie with dark red walls...refused to go back to the room alone....i stayed on the 2nd floor so was very happy with my room! :)
Otherwise can't think of anything else...

Will come back when in viena and will recommend it! ;)

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elena G
altstadtvienna, Manager at Hotel Altstadt Vienna, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Elena G!

We thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback concerning your experience in our house.

Your wonderful comments about our quality, such as pillows, bed, bathroom amenities, free Wifi, breakfast and the warm and welcoming staff as well as overall impression are very much appreciated. Thank you very much for your recognition.

Most certainly we also acknowledge the comment in regards to the corridor designed by Matteo Thun. On this floor we actually did have already a lot of film- and fotoshootings, fashion shows and with the rebuilt of the corridor and rooms we have been awarded with the Austrian Architectural Design Award. We would have been very happy to arrange for a room on a different corridor had we been aware of the personal perception of your collegue.

Thank you again for your support and for recommending the Altstadt, it would be a pleasure to welcoming you some other time in the near future again.

Alexandra & Team
ireland
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I don't think I could recommend this hotel highly enough. The reception staff were extremely friendly and offered me a tour of the hotel when I got there. They also gave me loads of info and maps and so on, including a small map indicating useful local services e.g. atm, shops, and their recommended restaurants. The interior of the building is lovely. I booked a small single room but it was very nicely decorated and there were plenty of l'occitane products in the bathroom. When I got back to the room on the evening of my first day, there was a hand written note (and bar of chocolate) to say that a bigger room had just opened up if I wanted to swap to it, and that they hoped I was enjoying my stay. When I checked out, they gave me a bar of Manner "for the trip home". Couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The hotel is also a very short walk from the Museum Quarter and there were loads of nice restaurants around. There were no noise issues from my room. Good breakfast selection, free wifi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TAposter111
Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

the staff are simply amazing,nothing was too much trouble,excellent food and bar service. The rooms were beautiful, so well equipped with good quality toiletries etc. The bed was so comfortable it was hard to get out of it! The hotel is a really individual owner run luxury hotel . Would recommend it to everyone.. Amazing artwork and furniture.

Room Tip: the deluxe rooms are beautiful, but dont choose if you dont want an open plan wet room! However ther...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a wonderful romantic weekend in Wien and staying at Altsatd was my best choice ever!
Highly recommended!! Very nice staff, nice big rooms and it feels like home. In our room we could listen only ourselves, silent as heaven.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joao P
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I fell in Love with the hotel. Super charming boutique hotel with a nice atmosphere. We stayed in a suite, which felt like home, we even got attached to it. The bed is very comfortable , the room is clean.I loved the breakfast, too many choices , even healthy choices. The service was amazing, super friendly staff, very helpful. Michelle,a very sweet girl, hosted us and helped my husband to plan my birthday surprise stay in Vienna. She even sent me a card with a nice gift to our room.
I highly recommend this boutique hotel for a nice experience stay in Vienna.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple