“Good location for shoppers”
Review of Pension Pharmador

Pension Pharmador
Ranked #32 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Romania
“Good location for shoppers”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in the central area on Vienna, less than 5 minutes from Mariahilfer strasse. Historical building, but still offering free private parking, which is a must in this crowded area. Though, if you park in front row you should leave the car key at the reception.
Rooms are basic, furniture is a bit old and used, but matresses are good quality. Cleanliness was average, not that professional. I found traces of mold on bathroom tiles and hairs on bed sheets.
WiFi connection offers good signal quality and high speed connection.
A minus for this hotel is the lack of air conditioning in the rooms, which is very unpleasant during summer months, especially on upper floors.
Breakfast offers variety of choices but same menu every morning, which can become a bit dull when you spend more than 1 or 2 days here.

Room Tip: Try to avoid upper floors, can be very hot in summer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Lancashire, England
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked to stay here one night as we wanted to visit two specific places, the Schonbrunn Palace and the Kunsthistoriches museum.
I felt the hotel had two advantages, the free parking and wifi. The room we were given was passable for one night, room 10. It was not very good in that it was in a poor state of repair, flaking paint everywhere with a shoddy wardrobe and desk. The bathroom had looked fine, except for the broken shower tray and the VERY hot water pipes. They were dangerous and could easily burn someone if they were not careful.
Having said that, the bed was comfortable so we did sleep well.
The breakfast was fine, although there were eggshells in the scrambled egg so I had to leave them uneaten.
The staff were excellent, very helpful and informative, but despite this I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was making a number of bookings for our summer holiday in Europe and accidently made a non refundable booking at this hotel. Austria was not even on our itinerary. But I messed up and booked the hotel when I should'nt have. I know it sounds stupid but it happened. After realising the mistake I contacted Booking.com the same day and asked if I could cancel and explained the silly mistake. They were very helpful and contacted the owner of the hotel only to be told no that we cannot cancel. I asked Booking.com 3 times to contact them stating that it was a human error and that I tried to cancel the very same day and that the booking was not for another month and that the booking was for 7 days and it would be a huge loss and a burden to our holiday budget. Again they declined. Then I called the hotel myself and explained the above and was told by the manager/owner that he spent an hour on making my booking, I told him I will pay for that hour, he still said no!! I asked if I could pay half, he still said no. Then out of desperation I called a good friend in Austria to talk with the manager. My friend said he got nowhere and actually got so annoyed that he sware at him. In the end instead if loosing this large sum of money, we decided to change our travel plans and go to the hotel on a different date. I called the manager again and he agreed to my dates but could only fit us in for 3 days and not 7 as previously booked. We opted for that and stayed there. I thought maybe the manager would have compassion and refund the balance, but no!! I fail to see why a hotel owner can be so hard on someone that made a simple human error. But thats how he is. Sorry to babble on but I just think people should know about people like this. I actually own a hotel myself in Africa and we get all sorts of requests and because we know "things happen" we try and assist in any way possible. Mr. Manager if your reading this, think of others and their circumstances instead of your money bag.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ralph S
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Not very close to exciting things in Vienna, parking is free but no in/out privileges. Breakfast was fine, but if I came again I would stay closer to the city.

Room was tiny, but fine for one night.

Traveled as a couple, July 2014.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caitlyn L
Bangkok
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here last Summer. Chose this originally due to the car park.Great value budget place. Very helpful, friendly staff. Max. 20min stroll into town past lots of bars/restaurants & shops. We also used the subway stops which are 5-10mins walk. Everything you could ask for. I don't normally give more than 4* because I always think there is room for improvement somewhere but this place ticked all the boxes for us. I have no hesitation in recommending this Pension for anyone travelling on a budget or looking for a car parking space.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I picked this place because it offers free wifi, free parking, breakfast is included and it is walking distance to central station so when we got off the train from Venice we could walk to the pension. The reception staff are the nicest hotel staff I've meet. They make your stay so personal. Breakfast is good, a very nice selection of breads, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and drinks and yoghurt. Our room was lovely, we had room service everyday. There is a lift in the pension. Our bathroom was very modern and we had a lovely bath. The rooms are sound proof so we had a good night sleep. We stayed 3 nights and would stay again if we return to Vienna. We could walk easily to everything we needed and there are restaurants down the road and a supermarket. Thank you!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Podgorica, Montenegro
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Free parking, very reasonably priced (concerning the location), the staff was very friendly and helpful, good wi-fi. Quiet, clean and comfortable room. The hotel is located 500 m from the Mariahilfer strase and metro station (U3 line, Zieglergasse station). Breakfast was very nice, with scrambled eggs and various fruits, breads, yogurt, cheese, meats, jams and cakes. We would recommend to anyone. Will definitely choose this hotel again in the future.
The only complaint: during my stay at the hotel (4 days), maids cleaned the room only once

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple