Pension Hargita
US$273
US$409
US$379
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatorbudget optionstreet noiseshopping streetsmall fridgemetro stationinner ringtwin bedswithin walking distancehofburg palacemuseum quarterfantastic locationsingle roomwould definitely stay here againmariahilferstrassefloorsupermarket
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I traveled to Vienna with 3 friends in October. Excellent location for subway to all anyone wants to see!! Very friendly staff and very clean rooms! They were VERY fast to clean and re-supply our room! Breakfast was good, not outstanding, but got us ready for a day of walking. We had a GREAT view of the streets. Lots of outlets to re-charge our cameras and phones. Unfortunately, WiFi was restricted to one person only. I would assume this will improve in the future.

If you have any trouble walking or climbing this is NOT the place for you! The lobby is one floor up a wide spiral and our room two more floors up. However, there are convenient benches on every landing for resting. LOL

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The pension is very clean ,it has an excellent wi fi signal ,a very good breakfast ,big beds and a nice view of the Mariahilfer Straße .I come here for 8 years and i still belive this is the best place for come and go shopping and to visit the rest of the city because the U bahn si in the front of the pension ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Razvan V
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The service was outstanding and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great location and kind faces! I would recommend a stay for the convenient location and for the staff which tries its best to please the customers!!! 5 out of 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: I got room 3 if I remember correctly - very clean and quite if you close the windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JamesSethAdcock
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very close to the subway and only a few minutes from the city center. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Street noise can be a problem and I advise against traveling during a heat wave (no aircon!).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 629john_9876
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights at this pension. I chose it because it was recommended in The lonely planet book.
The pension is well located in relation to te town centre. There is plenty of shops around, cafes and also fashion shops.
The room that I got was facing the main road. I'm a light sleeper and therefore the noise was horrible for me. The problem was that I had to leave the window open overnight because the room gets quite warm and they do not have aircon.
I asked for a room with toilet and shower and the room and bathroom were quite clean and tidy. I also included breakfast and paid $5 per day for it. I was quite dissapointed after the firt day as I was offered the same breakfast every single day after: bread, boiled eggs, ham and cheese and cofee (or tea)
When I checked out I asked the staff member to remind me the sum I need to pay. I didn't get a receipt in the spot apparently b aide the accountant was not in that day so the staff member offered me to send the receipt by email. When I received the receipt, a day later or so, I realised that they had charged me more that what was originally quoted. In general I have to say in dissapointed about my expirience at the pension. Very sad indeed as it was recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013