“convenience plus!”

Ranked #45 of 201 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Sydney, Australia
“convenience plus!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I from Australia , and my sister from Uk ( all seniors) Stayed in apt 6 in September 2013 for 6 days. Mr Voshmgir's lovely daughter -in -law greeted us and discussed the apartment and our location setting us onto a delightful stay. We had been to Vienna in 2008 but this apartment was far superior to our previous hotel. The one queen bedroom and a well designed pulldown bed in the living room provided comfortable space for the 3 of us. The kitchen is extremely well equipped and we were happily able to prepare our own meals. A bonus was the dishwasher and we were also pleased to have our own clothes washing machine and large drying rack. The apartment was spotlessly clean.
Most importantly though is the location of these apartments. A short walk to Karlsplatz station, to trams and to the Opera house. My sister and I attended a performance there and happily walked 'home' at 11pm. There is much to see nearby anyway but the convenience of the station interchange is a plus. Despite being close to bank, supermarkets, restaurants the apartment was quiet.
I would also like to commend the Voshmgir family on their excellent website when i was searching for an apartment. I really appreciate having floor plans of apartments to help me choose esp when there are 3 of us travelling. I could select which arrangement best suited our needs e.g. separate toilet, separate bathroom, seating and eating space. The more details on a website the better the options for a traveller. Additionally, prompt replies to my enquiries helped us make our decisions .Apt 6 was an excellent, well equipped , well located place to stay and obviously managed by a family who care.

Room Tip: check if the website has a floor plan to get the best layout for an apartment
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
16 Thank Sandra W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The studio apartment we had for a week was wonderful. Everything neat, clean and functional. Well appointed and equipped. Mr Voshmgir and his daughter could not have been more helpful or accommodating - very nice people. The apartment is in a perfect location - a few minutes from the center of the city and transportation but very quiet. I would choose this place again, no question.

Room Tip: Studio apartment small, but perfectly fine
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank CaliforniaBurley
USA
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have been returning to Central apartments on our annual Vienna visit for about 7 years, and
wouldn't think of going elsewhere. Apartment is centrally located and within walking distance of Musikverein, Konzerthaus and Operahaus. It is also around corner from ancient Naschmarkt with
wonderful food, bread and pastries. Landlord is gracious and attentive to our needs. Apartment is spacious and welcoming, and we plan on returning annually.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank poodyken
sydney
Reviewed 27 November 2013

wow.. where do I start .. first of all I would like to congratulate and thank Mr Voshmigr and his wonderful daughter in law for making our stay so wonderful . This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at Central apartments Vienna . and we would certainly stay again . Mr Voshmigr will go out of his way to please and to help .
The units are exceptionally clean and very well equipped . The kitchen has all you need .
I loved having a washing machine and dryer, The bedrooms are very spacious
Wi Fi is also available which is great
Location is fantastic . Markets across the road , supermarket around the corner and only a 3minute walk to Karlsplatz railway station

It is only a short 6 minute walk to the main Shopping area .
We have just left Vienna so we were there for the Christmas Markets ... ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC and also only a short walk away.
We cant wait to visit Vienna again and would certainly stay at Central Apartments
Once again Thankyou Mr Voshmigr and also thankyou to yor wonderful daughter in law for making our stay so enjoyable .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank tessa02
Madrid
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was in a studio for three days: although it is at the ground floor, it was very quiet. The block of apartments is just a few minutes walking from Karlsplatz metro station, at walking distance from the Opera, the Secession building and most of the museums and just by an open air market, with a japanese shop and a supermarket in the same building. It is very well equipped, with dishwasher, washing machine, microwaves, etc. If I have to return to Vienna I plan to stay again there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Ropongi
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed at CAV many times in the last year and a half. We have stayed in apartment 18 for 3 months, Apartment 5,6, and 3. We love the central location next to the Natchmart, close to Karlsplatz.

The Apartments are all comfortably furnished with all the comforts of home. It is very important to us that we have a washer and dryer, and fully equipped kitchen. The apartments are very clean and very equipped. But the very best thing about the apartments is the landlord, he is so wonderful and kind and has gone out of his way to ensure that our needs are taken care of, he arranges for us to be picked up from the airport after long all night flights and meets us at the apartment so we can get some rest. He has gone out of his way so many times, he has helped plan excursions and on and on...

I love being able to Come back to a place that feels like home.

Room Tip: Everyone is good, but 18 is very quaint.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank DianaDavidW
Hyde Park, Vermont
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at CAV about five times now, for periods ranging from three days to 6 weeks. I plan to return for three months in the spring. The other reviews cover most of the important details: outstanding location and nice furnishings. Yes, some of the apartments are better than others, but I have always found them pleasant and nicely set up. The Voshmgirs are very nice and always helpful. I suspect that many of the visitors are regular customers like me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family