“Very very disapointed !!!!!”

The Hotel 1060 Vienna
Ranked #189 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Wien
“Very very disapointed !!!!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I reserved a room for my friends. They said that we have a room avalible.They made a reservation for me but they needed my Credit card.I dont have a credit card. Im living in Vienna is well. So i went to the Hotel and payed the full amont for the Night workers to make sure that i have that room. I left my phone number just in case. So next day afternoon i got a call from the hotel that i dont have a hotel because fully buked. I was very appset.I said the girl who called me that i want to talk with the manager but she refused. She said she or he will call me back . Never happend.
I went back to the hotel and figoured out that they give the room what i payed to someone else. I send many of my friends to this Hotel but i would never will do that again. The girl by the pursers desk next day didnt even tried to make it better or showing sorry. :((
I thing day should learn from this situation.
Very bad and disapointed experiance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Minirestaurant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Dirty and stinky bathroom, towels stinked like if they were washed with homeless people and the new once we asked for smelled even worse! You would NOT use a word "nice" when describing the receptionist and the eggs for breakfast were disgusting... cannot understand how come this hotel has 4*.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank eiramo

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Kastela, Croatia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hotel has a great location, just few minutes walk from Mariahilfer str. and around 20min walk to old town. It is perfect for discovering the Vienna as it is close to all important spots and has a tube station close for all those who like to see more around.

We had a great value for amount we paid! The hotel is new and comfortable. Has a parking garage charged 14euro per night but all the quit area around hotel is free parking and there is enough parking space, so no worries about that!

Our whole impression was that the hotel is underemployed! The breakfast is good quality but the surrounding doesn't feel like a 4 star Vienna hotel, main reason no service offered!! Might be also the reason for lack of cleaning! The bathroom was really so bad that i was close to complain but as we had only one night booked i saved time and didn't want to mass up our short stay in Vienna!

the whole hotel is missing some more atmosphere!

But I would highly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Vienna!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goran_1512
Pocklington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

A great hotel, immaculately clean with good-sized rooms.
The reception staff were charming and check in and out were both seamless. The towels were fresh every day and the room was thoroughly cleaned daily (I left a bit of fluff in a corner to check and it got hoovered up!) The bed was comfy and the air con worked well - the windows were also easy to open and close to make the most of the autumn air.
Breakfast gave a lot of options with hot eggs and sausage and a wide range of the usual continental breads, cheeses and meats as well as an unusual selection of sliced salad bits with fruit, yoghurt etc.
At first I couldn't find any tea, but a box with loads of different types of bags was hiding between the coffee/hot water machine and a pillar.
The location is good if you like to shop and it is about 5 mins by foot to the tube station. If you fancy the walk, it is about 20 min to the Hofburg and there is lots to see along the way.
There is a nice Billa supermarket a few doors down for stocking up with chocolate and a really good Greek restaurant near the junction with Mariahilfstrasse with a wide range of meals at sensible prices.

I would really like to see them doing small meals in the evening too as we were often wanting just a little something after a substantial Viennese lunch.

Altogether, a good hotel in a good location; with high standards and sensible prices.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WeaselD
Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa, Japan
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It is easy to find the hotel but quite difficult to get around it, apparently elevetors on the first floor take you to different locations through out the hotel. Anyway, the first room we got, was on the small side, but that was my bad, since I asked for a room with balcony. What I did not know was that the balcony would be the stair case exit which led to the inner yard. But what disappointed me most was the dirty curtains, stained carpets and scratched walls. The room was very dark and had a cheap feeling to it. Thus I asked for another room...twice...and thanks to the nice blond girl ( whose name I do not know unfortunately) we got a room on the top floor, no balcony, but with a lot of sunlight and no funny smell in the bathroom which made me quite happy to be honest. Another minus for this hotel is the corridors which are in need of an urgent paint job.
The buffet was a big plus, lots of food to choose from, fresh, the girls attending it were bringing out new stuff all the time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lana K
Zagreb
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I needed to sleep and found this one on the booking.com, based on the location preference.
price was excellent and had a parking availabilty to pre-book the slot in the garage of the hotel - not "in the neibourhood" as some cheat.
The reception responded immediately and i got reservation for the car as well.
It worked perfectly - i came to reception to announce and then let the car in and picked up the room key - all the data was already in the paper, just to sign..
next day, went running to Schonbrunn - 15min away (3,5 km cca)
there i got injured, my lower back old pain suddenly decided to spoil my trip to Vienna!
managed to get back to hotel, painfully slow, cam some minutes before 11 and ask for help at the reception. Really friendly receptionist took my asking for help seriously, went to kitchen and brought me the freez block , blue pastic element and she ask if i need also some hot towels etc, pain killers.
I asked if can extend the stay for some time, to try to recover and she confirmed.
I used the freeze block for several cold, warm sessions, and eventually was able to walk, cam after 12.30 to check out, they offered again help. what to say - nice!
Room was nice, some cool designer's touch on the budget setup - but with a lot of taste and style. Surely would be returning in any case, not counting the special friendly service i received

Room Tip: grounf floor may be more noisy as i was close to reception, heard some movements.. but appreciated t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The 1060 Vienna Hotel is a nice quiet hotel in the heart of the city. It is located near Mariahilfe Str. ( the shopping street ). - it takes 3 min from the hotel to walk to the U-ban Zieglergasse Station. It has a private parking which costs 14 euro/day and it needs a reservation! The room is quit big, clean and comfortable ! The staff was nice and knows good English! What I appreciate the most is the free WIFI which had good connection! The breakfast was plenty and good! In a word I had a good experience for one night at the 1060 Vienna Hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends