“Good hotel and great breakfast”

Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld
Ranked #115 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good hotel and great breakfast”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived here on the last night of our Danube cycling tour. A little difficult to find riding a bike into town, but very nice and comfortable.

The breakfast bar was really good. Probably the best we have had in Austria.

Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue F
Frank S, Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Sue F,

Thank you so much for your wonderful and detailed review, this is very much appreciated.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm so happy to read that the staff was able to assist you in pleasurable way.

Again, I am very thankful for your comments and I really do hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back in the near future.
In the meantime we wish you all the best.

With kind regards from Vienna

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

For the money you can find a better location with better beds and better service.

The front service did not provide full answers. We asked about parking, they tells us were it is. We dig for 10 minute to realize we we're suppose to call so they would put up the gate.

Room Tip: Bring pillows and extra electric mounts
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle S
Frank S, Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Michelle,

we are terribly sorry to read that your experience at the Falkensteiner Hotel am Schottenfeld was not satisfying. Our sincere apologies for that, as it is our aim to continuously exceed our guests expectations. The reviews about our hotel, I think, underline this striving for excellence.

Without going into details about what went wrong during your stay, I would kindly ask you to give us a second chance, so that we can convince you about our product and service.

As the manager of this beautiful hotel and fantastic team, I kindly ask you to accept our apology. If you do not mind, I would like to contact you personally. In order to do so, would you kindly send me an email with your contact details to frank.spielmeyer@falkensteiner.com. I will then contact you accordingly.

Best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

had a pleasant stay here, room was quite large and clean. modern entrance and very friendly staff who were happy to help with recommendations of things to do. the place was within walking distance to restaurant options and a supermarket. comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, this is very much appreciated.

In the meantime we wish you all the best.

With kind regards from Vienna

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel based on garage parking, 4 star, price, incl breakfast and location. Walk to mariahilfer Straße took 13 mins. Top, top breakfast buffet. 13 jams/honey choices. Umpteen teas. Cheeses / cold sausage display , fish salad display , English Breakfast, various cereals seeds and loads more. Great room Hotel very well staffed hotel. Tip re the garage. One presses the bell in the ramp down on arrival. Speak your booking name and they open the door. One parks on a ramp, (see pic). Ensure one wheel is over the raised end of the platform. That allows them to raise or lower the ramp. To leave press the black arrow (middle red , bottom down arrow) on the wall RH side of the door. If your car is raised reception will send staff down to drop the ramp. Garage us K in the lift. Reception is E ( Erdgeschoss - ground floor)

• Stayed May 2014
Sascha S, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Tolroy, thank you very much for your detailed feedback regarding your stay. I am pretty happy that you enjoyed it and I will forward your your praise to all my staff collegues. Best regards Sascha Stöckl
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

It looks to me a pretty new hotel. Room is in a decent size and bathroom equipped with all you need plus an impeccable clean bathtub.

Reception and restaurant staff are all friendly and helpful with warm greetings whenever I come in or leave the hotel. My request on early check in and late check out were all accommodated without any difficulties.

Breakfast is nice although it's not inclusive in room rates. Good variety with freshly squeezed orange juice and even 3 types of smoke fish served and you only pay EUR 16 for all these.

The only complaint I have is the bathroom ventilation is a bit noisy but if you keep bathroom door closed it should not bother you much.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JacWong
Sascha S, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear JacWong, thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pretty happy that you enjoyed it, I will forward your commendation to my staff and I hope to welcome you again the next time you will be in Vienna. Best regards Sascha
Cochin
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

What an outstanding place to stay for our spring tour! My wife and I chose this hotel for our Vienna pleasure trip. The rooms were typically European: just big enough but cosy and clean. Free wifi. Good quality pillows and quilt. Bathrooms had heated floor, a nice touch. Room had upscale coffeemaker with capsules for espresso and regular coffee which we felt were superior to other hotels across the world.

The restaurant staff were exceptionally nice to us. Especially Ms Marianna who is a gem.

The breakfast was sumptuous, and we in fact spent two whole hours enjoying it after a long overnight sleep to get over our jet lag. Selections of cold meat, cheese, eggs to order, various fruit yoghurt, breads, Austrian desserts, lots of coffee and tea selections, you name it, they've got it.

They clearly take hospitality very seriously. Staff were fluent in English and always helpful with directions and travel tips.

Location is convenient, just five minutes walk to metro. SPAR store is right up the street. There is a pizzeria around the corner which we didn't visit yet. Tram stop is just two blocks away.

Will stay there again if we visit.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GastroCochin
Sascha S, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Gastrochochin, thank you very much for your response regarding your stay. I am pretty happy that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna and I will forward all your praise - espacially for staff and breakfast - to my collegues from the Food and Beverage department. Best regards Sascha Stöckl
lancaster PA
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Location was ok, metro five minutes walk up the street, Spar store right next block. Walking distance to restaurants and other shops.

Will stay there again if we visit.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Bearhug69, thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am happy that you could enjoy your stay in Vienna and I will forward all your praise - espacially for staff - to my collegues. I am happy to welcome you again the next time when you will be in Vienna. Best regards Sascha Stöckl