“Very average, privtle owned nichael and dime you”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #67 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 15 April 2012

very average Meridien, no SPG benefits outside the stated ones but even the then they try to avoid them. I would never stay here again, as a platinum for life member I would stay at a non starwood before this place. Contact me for details

Room Tip: you get what you pay for but they will try to cheat you for sure
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert_In_LondonUK
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear “Robert_In_LondonUK”,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your last stay in the Le Méridien Vienna.

I am deeply sorry to hear that we were not able to meet all your expectations and that our hotel services where not satisfying you completely.

As a guest relation supervisor I am trying to give our valued SPG members a warm and friendly welcome and I sincerely apologize that you were not feeling any special attention from me or our staff members.

Mr. Robert, I would more than welcome to speak with you personally and would be happy if you could send me your contact details via info.vienna@lemeridien.com to get in touch with you.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,068)

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Let's put it that way: I like design but practicability and good service are first. Plus the higher the communicated standards the higher my expectations. Same this time. Currently, I am staying with a friend in the Le Meridien Vienna for the Vienna marathon, in our case the half marathon. So far we are not too happy. The room is quite cool, same goes for the bathroom. However, the shower is so cool that you need rubber boots to access the bathroom after someone has taken a shower and the maid probably needs half a day to clean it - clearly design before practicability! The service is disappointing. Starting with one concierge recommending to take a cab to the start of the marathon and the other then last minute telling us this would be nuts and recommending the tube! Poor room service: The first day we get woken up at 9am by room service - the second day after the run, our room is not even done at 11.30am and we have to call to get new towels! Our diet before the run was pretty boring and focused on carbs. So we decided for the hotel restaurant on Saturday night: The only pasta dish was tasteless and with 14 EUR probably the among the more expensive ones in Vienna. Finally, the mineral water topped it all: San Pellegrino at 9.50 EUR the bottle which is almost a 1000% premium on retail price! Still, let me finish with a couple of nice aspects of the place: Super central location, comfortable beds and some cool modern art on display.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear “tg81”,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna.

To deliver quality service in every aspect is our daily goal to reach and we are very sorry that obviously we could not satisfy all your desires. Modern art and design definitely does not mean that our service standards are left unattended.

As the last weekend was a very special occasion for you and us, we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced. I can definitely assure you that your comments regarding the technical problems and the steward service in your room have been already forwarded to the concerned departments.

If you would like to join us one more time in our hotel I would be pleased to update your personal requests with a preferred morning steward service. In this case you could contact me any time personally via email or phone.

Our contemporary luxury is surely living from soul: our employees. I personally spoke already to the concierge team to understand the situation and their suggestion better and to make sure that such inconveniences are not happening again. We are in a constant developing and such notes as yours are taken very seriously.

Last but not least I would like to thank you also for your positive feedback. Did you know that our beds are especially designed by Lignet Roset to comfort our guests?

As I mentioned already above, we would be very happy to welcome you, “tg81, one more time back at our hotel. We would definitely seize the chance to convince you again from our services.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed there during March 2012 for 4 nights. I think this Hotel's best offer is the location, close to but not limited to the city center, everything is in walking distance.
The premises are not what you would rate 5 stars, but the price you pay is also not for 5 stars.
The personnel is very very polite, in a comfort type of way.
The rooms are ok sized, free drinks in the mini-bar is something unusual, the breakfast has great variety and taste.
All in all my stay was comfortable and the price I paid was fair, keep in mind that Vienna (like Rome, Paris, Prague, etc) is one of the most visited cities in the world, with high rates in general.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear “Fkyrhellas”,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding you last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna.

We are glad to hear that you were in good hands in our hotel and that you availed yourself from our superb location. Your positive comments regarding the complimentary mini bar or our staff members are showing us that our efforts are appreciated from our guests. Luxury is not just a life style…it has a soul at the Le Méridien Vienna!

We hope to offer you soon again our services and would be happy to welcome you back in our hotel. If you have any further requests before your next arrival, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Let's get this straight: this hotel is perfectly fine!
But, based on this very hotel, I'd like to ask one question: What makes a 5 star hotel a 5 star hotel?
My girlfriend and I walked into the place and, yes, it looks very nice. There's some art displayed, music is on and there's a line to check in - pretty much what I have seen in 4 and even 3 star hotels.
The lady at the desk was helpful, explained where and at what times breakfast would take place, how to log on to the free internet connection and that the drinks in the mini bar were free and refilled once a day. The latter two are actually things I have not experienced often - especially in European hotels.
We could have had help with our luggage but it simply wasn't enough to carry to bother...

Software
The room was quite nice and large. We asked for a more quiet one which ended up being a room at the very end of the hallway. It was quiet but the wifi connection was terrible. Talking about wifi; in my opinion high speed internet in the year 2012 should be something to expect.
In the Le Meridien it was free but far from being fast or intuitive to join. I had to call the lobby's desk to find out what to do. Every time I tried to use the internet after I had put my device to sleep the login page appeared to shortly after disappear again, or I was routed to the hotel's web page - these habits need to stop in any hotel!
To find out how to call the desk was similar... Nowhere in the room, neither in any of the printed info nor on the phone's stickers was explained how to get there. So I tried pushing buttons, fearing I'd call a number that I had to pay for.
Ended up at the desk after pushing the m1 button I asked for help with the internet log on and that I had a hard time finding out how to call the lobby, the answer was pretty much: "well you figured it out, didn't you...".

Hardware
As mentioned the room looked very nice. And so I guess a hotel is honored with 5 stars mostly by design.
For my part I need intuitive functionality in an unknown environment.
The bathroom is separated from the sleeping room by a wall and a door of cloudy glass with quite big gaps in between. To me it doesn't matter who I am traveling with, I just want to keep my bathroom business as private as possible. This is close to impossible if you're basically in the same room with your co-traveller.
The sink is another example of great design that obviously doesn't follow function. A glass bowl that sits on the counter with the faucet in the right hand back. Washing your hands is most of all creating a mess behind the glass bowl which lets me think about the room maid embarrassed and think about the sink's designer when three quarters of the bowl are useless.

Let's get this straight: Other than that this hotel is perfectly fine!

Stayed: April 2012
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear “RitcheyPro”,

thank you very much for sharing your experience from your last stay at our hotel.

The Le Méridien Vienna is trying to define itself over an inimitable atmosphere which is creating an inspiring environment for all different kind of characters and guests staying at our hotel. Those are the values for our personal definition of an exclusive ambiance.

We are aiming an absolute guest satisfaction in all aspects and I am very sorry to see that we couldn’t fulfill all your expectations. Concerning the internet connection and the log in procedure, our IT department was already contacted to double-check the efficiency.

Our so called “software” is surely one of our key figures in offering excellent service. The front desk department was already informed about your experience with the desk staff. Please accept my apologies for the inappropriate behavior.

Despite the mentioned situations we are very happy to hear that our “little extras” like the complimentary mini bar fill up is satisfying you as our guest. This shows us, that our efforts are appreciated. Your remarks concerning the bathroom facilities have been already forwarded to the housekeeping management.

Last but not least I would like to tell you, that our staff members are in a constant training to develop a higher service level day by day and we would like to apologize for the uncomfortable situation you experienced.

For your next stay we would be happy to welcome you back in our hotel and we would appreciate the chance to convince again you from our high quality service level.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The hotel is located very close to the Opera five minutes away . The rooms are very moderen and clean . The service and rooms are typical of Most Le Meridien hotels. The value for the service based on the location is good. For airport transfer You can get a better value if You use outside prepaid service ( Not meterd taxi), or the hotel transportation . I never ate at the hotel because walking distance so many options so I truly don't know how the resturants are in the hotel . The pool is OK, The spa is not at Le Meridien standard. It is the third time I am staying at the hotel . I am an SPG member and for the value based on the location I think it is a good deal . If You are going to spend most of Your time in the hotel than maybe you should look for other options but if You are going to be outside most of the time and need a clean and comfortable place close to everything I think it is a great choice.the internet connection in my room was not the best even with the paid service version, but it did the job.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank fred563

Dear “fred563”,

thank you very much for your shared opinion regarding your stay in our hotel. We are happy to hear that you could benefit from our location and that you felt comfortable in our cozy rooms.

We try to do our best that our guests can relax at the pool or get their energy back in the fitness after an overwhelming day in Vienna. If you would need any further treatments during your next stay please feel free to contact me for any request.

We would be glad to have you soon back here in Vienna and give you a warm welcome in the Le Méridien Vienna!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Very nice staff, provded early check in. It is quite fancy, we were lucky and got a good deal. I'd recommend it for a romantic/luxury break away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “Ang3585”,

thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your last stay in the Le Méridien Vienna.

As unique as our atmosphere is, as unique are our guests. We are always trying to create a special ambiance for all our guests, no matter what is the motivation for staying with us. Romantic set up in the room for our honeymooners? Healthy in-room treatment for sporty guests? No problem at all and everything delivered with love.

If you have any kind of requests for your next stay, please feel free to contact me any time. I am always at your disposal and we would be happy to offer you soon again all our amenities to your comfort.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for three nights for business and pleasure. Excellent situation for exploring the local museum area and shopping district. Also only two minutes walk from the subway which had direct tube to the Schonbrunn palace. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a superior queen room which was booked on a promotion and excellent value. Clean and large with great bath and shower. The mini bar had complementary drinks replenished daily. The bar was reasonably priced for what is overall a very expensive city in comparison to London at home and even a recent trip to New York, partly the exchange rate, though. We didn't eat in the restaurant but two minutes walk across the park is the Palemhaus which is great for a drink, coffee and dinner at average prices for Vienna but very good quality. Overall, I think some of the most recent reviews of this hotel are harsh and cannot find criticisms, only that of smoking in the bar, but that is a general experience of Europe, although taking a lead would be consistent with their modern image. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “Machine80”,

thank you very much for your decent comment. We are very happy that we fulfilled all your expectations and more over that we could impress you with our “little extra miles”.

Did you actually know that our bath tubes were designed in four different colours?
Your examples like the complimentary mini bar or our efficient staff members show us that we are definitely on the right way to offer a different kind of luxury hotel. The so called “luxury with soul”.

The Le Méridien Vienna is always aiming to find the right balance and trying to take a leading role in new developments. Suggestions like yours are always appreciated and considered. For your future stay I would recommend you as well our Shambala Bar, which is a total non-smoking area.

We hope we can offer you soon again our hospitality and would be pleased to welcome you back in our hotel.