“Great location, good gluten free breakfasts, and an oddity”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #73 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 17 September 2012

A weekend away without the 5 kids. Vienna is a great place to go and Le Meridien is in a really good position. The staff are very friendly, the rooms comfortable with an interesting shower with 3 jets to get to those bits other showers don't reach.

Good breakfasts and if you are gluten free they have a reasonable selection, my wife was very content with 3 days of breakfast there.

Oddity, on arrival we heard loud banging from downstairs. What were they doing?

Flattening the veal for snietzel of course

Strongly recommended,would return

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear “Familyman3844”,

Thank you very much for your great review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you and your wife could enjoy some days of togetherness.

Our rooms and also the bathrooms were designed to our guest’s comfort, even better that you had fun in our shower … I apologize though for the loud banging noise and certainly we will make sure that something like that won’t happen again.

We would be delighted to welcome you soon back at our hotel and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of requests. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiries.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel ADDED to my experience in Vienna!

LOCATION is walking distance to all major tourist sites.
LOBBY decor is modern and cool.
ROOMS are modern, clean, comfortable beds, slept like a baby!
SERVICE was flawless. Concierge was friendly and helpful. Room service was quick.
VALUE was just right!
I'll be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank susQnyc

Dear “JetsetLocal”,

Thank you so much for your short but yet amazing review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It does not need so many words to describe our hotel and personally I think you just got it right :)

So we really hope to welcome you soon back where we would have another chance to show you the modern and poshy side of Vienna. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me any time. I rest on your disposal and my best wishes,

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Very central. Walking distance to most of what you will probably do as a tourist.
Breakfast really good. Bar only ok.
Nice to sit outside during the summer.
Our room was large. Lighting is trendy if not 100% practical.
Bed comfy.
Bathroom really good.
Gym small but has a pool,sauna etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Burren

Dear “Burren”,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to host you and we hope you will return soon.

Our hotel has indeed a great location but what is even more important to us is the fact that you felt comfortable and well treated. Thank you as well for the lighting hint…I forwarded your comment already to our executive management as we want a modern ambiance but still practicable functionality.

If there is anything else I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time via Katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and hope to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I can't complain too much because we got a great deal through Hotwire.com. The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was more than pleasant. The bathroom was spacious and nice, and the room's decor was well thought out. And the hotel's location is fantastic. If I were paying standard rates for this room, however, I would have been more upset about the lack of drawers to unpack, no turn down service, absence of staff at front door, and the smoke from the restaurant wafting into the elevator waiting area.
The difference between this hotel and a true 5* is that you don't feel the extra bits of luxury and service that should be present in a 5*.

4  Thank Erin H

Dear “TripAdvisor Member”,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your opinion is highly valued and we appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback.

It saddens me that your stay was only to your satisfaction as it was “a great deal through Hotwire.com”. The Le Méridien Vienna is trying to define itself over an inimitable atmosphere which is creating an inspiring environment for all different kind of characters and guests staying at our hotel. Those are our values for a personal definition of an exclusive ambiance.

Our daily goal is certainly a guest satisfaction in all aspects and I am very sorry to see that we couldn’t fulfill your expectations. We would have been delighted to offer you additional storage to your room and turndown service upon your request. I would gladly note those preferences for your next reservation to make sure that your experience will be beyond your expectations.

Definitely not excusable is the fact that there has been no staff at the front door. Our bell boys have to be present every time and this situation does not represent our standards. We discussed your feedback already with our team to make sure that such a situation won’t occur again.

We sincerely hope to get a second chance from you to proof that at the Le Méridien Vienna you will find not only luxury…but luxury with a soul!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

The hotel is perfectly located on th ring , walking distance from all attractions.
Our room was very cute, modern style. The bathroom is a glass room inside the room. Therefore not convenient since toilets are inside....
There is a nicebath tub and a separated rain shower. The issue with rain shower is that doesnt have separation with the rest of the floor of the bathroom, so everytime you take a shower there was water all ever the bathroom.
The hotel has free wifi and free minibar ( soft drinks only). Also there was a nice selection of teas with a kettle.
Thelobby is quite hype and the bar modern with a dj.
The restaurant is quite expensive and nothing special. The new years eve menu was 175 €!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank coolguyparis

Dear “coolguyparis”,

We would like to thank you for your decent comments about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your days in Vienna and that our superb location could contribute to your sightseeing experience.

I am sorry to hear though that the bathroom did not meet all your expectations and I would be delighted to note your preference of a bathroom separated to the bed room. Furthermore we do have showers with doors so we could make sure that your “in room spa” is all to your comfort.

I hope we will have another chance to meet you back at our hotel and I would gladly assist you with any questions or requests.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

A modern 5 star hotel; good location near city center; helpful reception staff. Nice room with good facility and very big bathroom.everything is clean. Hotel is OK generally and I offer it for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nazila N
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear “TAMember082320121“,

thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions with us and we are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your days in Vienna.

Our location is certainly already a nice benefit but what is even more important to us is the fact that you felt comfortable at our hotel and that our staff members were responsive to your needs.

We would be all delighted to welcome you soon back and I rest on your disposal for any kind of requests.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I'm an SPG Gold Member, rating this Hotel the worse 5 stars ever,
Upgrade as promises not provided.
A/C not working probably, and they shifted us to lower floor near by the gate, where we can't relax or sleep coz of cars horns for parking.
2nd night started hearing a loud knocking noise from the roof which kept us awake all night.
after complaining, they fix it, however it start over again early morning the 3rd day

we were expecting as a return for our bad experience was either a free night or even free parking, which is the usual case with any 5 star hotel
but in return we were offered a free breakfast upon our checkout...

They made our trip horrible becoz of their poor services..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank UAEPrince
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear “UAEPrince”,

Thank you very much for sharing your honest and open feedback with us. We appreciate that you have taken the time to write us your impressions and all your comments are taken under serious consideration.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. As you booked an executive twin room it was not possible to offer you an upgrade to a higher room category, as we only have twin beds in the deluxe and executive category. Definitely not excusable is the malfunctioning of the air conditioning and I am very sorry that even though we offered you a room move, the second room was neither to your satisfaction. Your feedback regarding the knocking noise got forwarded another time to the technical department to make sure where this noise was coming from and that it is eliminated properly.

Certainly we wanted to compensate your bad experience at least a little bit and for this reason we also offered you 10.000 Starpoints credited to your SPG account.

You are without doubt one of our most precious guest as you are also a Gold member, so it saddens me even more that your last stay with us was very disappointing. We would appreciate a second chance from your side to convince you from our quality and services.

If there is anything else I can do for you or for one of your next stays within a Starwood property, please do not hesitate to contact me any time via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and hope to welcome once again at the Le Méridien Vienna to proof your trust and loyalty in our company.

Kind regards,