“Not as high standard as expected”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #81 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Graz, Austria
“Not as high standard as expected”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A very good location at the city center, everything is in a walking distance. The staff were all friendly and nice. The room consists of everything you need, but it was not cleaned properly. My friend did not like the bed there as it was too soft. The choices of breakfast were pretty large, but almost the same every day. The staff at the restaurant made a mistake. There was a morning that I had early appointment. So, I went down for breakfast alone, while my friend was still sleeping. I told a staff at the front of breakfast room that my friend will come later. I came back at 10, asking a different staff at the same place if my friend was there. He said yes, but my friend was still in the room without having breakfast! We did not manage to get down on time to ask for her breakfast though.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear “-i-Y-i-A”,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Our hotel has indeed a great location but your good impression of our staff is even more important to us.

Nonetheless I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to the lack of cleanliness in your room. This situation does definitely not represent our standards and I forwarded your comment already to our housekeeping manager. Furthermore I am sorry to hear that your friend did not feel that comfortable in her bed but I would gladly note your request for your next booking as we can also provide harder mattresses upon request.

Our breakfast was especially created from our LM100 member Jean-Georges Vongerichten to wake up all five senses in the morning. We are certainly trying to not only provide the standard amenities but to have also seasonal extras which are changing regularly. I am sorry that the selection did not meet completely your expectations and we will speak about you input during our next management meeting. Moreover I would like to apologize as well for the wrong information you got regarding your friend.

We do hope that we might get the chance to welcome you one more time at our hotel and we would be delighted to host you. If there is anything I can do for you or for one of your next bookings please do not hesitate to contact me. I rest on your disposal and best regards,

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Very modern and swanky property - it is very similar to the W but the feel is definitely more high class and professional. In other words, you wont see a bunch of young girls in bikinis running around.

the rooms are spacious, very modern, HIGH ceilings, and there are just so many beautiful touches.

Bonus Points:
-Free mini bar with free juice, water, beer
-Free wifi
-The gym is great with an indoor pool and dry sauna and steam room

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joyce K
Dear “Gemerz”,

Thank you so much for your great review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are proud to represent the modern and artsy side of Vienna and just between us two…you are right, we might have a bit of the “W” brand within ourselves but we promise you will normally not find girls running around in a bikini ;)

We always tend to say that a guest at the Le Méridien Vienna will not only find a luxurious hotel but a so called luxury with soul. The small and maybe not expected things are those which make a stay memorable and I am very happy to hear that you could feel the passion for you as a guest.

We all would be delighted to welcome you soon back at our hotel and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of requests. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time via katharinag.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Warm regards,

Greenville, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien Vienna 2 nights last week and it could not have been a more pleasant experience. The staff all appeared to be very young but highly trained in customer service. Annameik went way above and beyond the standard. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear “Diane733”,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Le Méridien Vienna and for posting such positive comments. It is always great to hear that our guest enjoying themselves during their travels.

That our associates, especially Annemiek, provided you service which was way beyond your expectations is making us even happier. We are having a high commitment to attentive service and excellent quality and your feedback is showing us that we are definitely heading the right track. Your comments got also forwarded to Annemiek and she was really happy to hear! She is a trainee, coming from the Netherlands, and is proofing that age has nothing to do with professionalism.

Thank you again for recommending our hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com for any kind of requests.

Warm regards from Vienna,

Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The location cannot be beat. Minutes away from Hofburg Palace, the Vienna State Opera House, Parliament and the Museum Quarter, etc. The "ambassadors" were very friendly, helpful and well-informed. The hotel room is very modern and quite comfortable. LOVED the old fashioned bathtub and the modern jet shower. Mini bar was complimentary (got to love that). Would definately recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear “cindy I”,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Le Méridien Vienna and sharing your impressions of your last stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your days in this wonderful city full of beautiful sights. Our Ambassador team is always trying to recommend exciting places off the typical tourist’s path, so we can be sure that you will see also the hidden jewels of Vienna. Your feedback got certainly forwarded to them and they really appreciated it.

Did you actually know that our bathtub was designed in three different colors to fit the color theme of the wall? Those are the little things which count and we are really happy that they are up to your satisfaction.

I hope we will have the chance to meet again and we all would be glad to welcome you back. If there is anything I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Kind regards,

Pateley Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

A weekend away without the 5 kids. Vienna is a great place to go and Le Meridien is in a really good position. The staff are very friendly, the rooms comfortable with an interesting shower with 3 jets to get to those bits other showers don't reach.

Good breakfasts and if you are gluten free they have a reasonable selection, my wife was very content with 3 days of breakfast there.

Oddity, on arrival we heard loud banging from downstairs. What were they doing?

Flattening the veal for snietzel of course

Strongly recommended,would return

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear “Familyman3844”,

Thank you very much for your great review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you and your wife could enjoy some days of togetherness.

Our rooms and also the bathrooms were designed to our guest’s comfort, even better that you had fun in our shower … I apologize though for the loud banging noise and certainly we will make sure that something like that won’t happen again.

We would be delighted to welcome you soon back at our hotel and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of requests. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiries.

Best regards,

New York
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel ADDED to my experience in Vienna!

LOCATION is walking distance to all major tourist sites.
LOBBY decor is modern and cool.
ROOMS are modern, clean, comfortable beds, slept like a baby!
SERVICE was flawless. Concierge was friendly and helpful. Room service was quick.
VALUE was just right!
I'll be staying here again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank susQnyc
Dear “JetsetLocal”,

Thank you so much for your short but yet amazing review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It does not need so many words to describe our hotel and personally I think you just got it right :)

So we really hope to welcome you soon back where we would have another chance to show you the modern and poshy side of Vienna. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me any time. I rest on your disposal and my best wishes,

Ireland
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Very central. Walking distance to most of what you will probably do as a tourist.
Breakfast really good. Bar only ok.
Nice to sit outside during the summer.
Our room was large. Lighting is trendy if not 100% practical.
Bed comfy.
Bathroom really good.
Gym small but has a pool,sauna etc.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Burren
Dear “Burren”,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to host you and we hope you will return soon.

Our hotel has indeed a great location but what is even more important to us is the fact that you felt comfortable and well treated. Thank you as well for the lighting hint…I forwarded your comment already to our executive management as we want a modern ambiance but still practicable functionality.

If there is anything else I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time via Katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and hope to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna.

Kind regards,