Le Meridien Vienna
Hilton Vienna(Vienna)
US$276
US$232
3,105 results
All reviewsopera housechampagne barw hotelthe free mini barfrosted glassexcellent locationexecutive roomrooms are modernhofburg palacestate operagreat showermuseum quarterfree internetmajor attractionsbeautiful citypublic transportationminibar
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my fourth visit to this hotel and it more than lived up to my expectations. We had a very large suite which was extremely comfortable. The room was wonderful and the staff more than helpful. The free minibar (a beer, cola, juice, and water) was a nice touch and was refilled daily. The hotel is about 300 metres from the Opera House and an U-Bahn stop so really right in the middle of everything or at least a quick U-Bahn ride. This is my first choice of hotels in Vienna.

Room Tip: Suite 203 was great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scalba
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear “Scalba”,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It is great to hear that your travels bring you back regularly to us and it is always our pleasure to host you.

There are surely plenty of hotels in the city center of Vienna which have a superb location but the staff is making the difference. Your comments are proofing that our daily efforts are appreciated and we will surely never get tired of surprising you with new amenities.

It would be great to hear from you prior your next arrival to make sure that everything is already prepared for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com and I would happily assist you with any kind of requests.

Best regards and see you next time!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We spent 3 nights at this first rate hotel in early October, and everything about it was amazing. I can't say enough about the very high level of customer service we found at this hotel. Katherina Grafl was so very helpful prior to our arrival, and Barbara made our check in such a pleasure.
We look for the following in Hotels: location, customer service, comfortable beds, quality bedding and pillows, a great shower and towels, good breakfast, WIFI, and a fitness center. La Meridien scores high marks on every one! The location is absolutely perfect on the Ring at the edge of the old city. We received a complimentary upgrade on the SPG floor and the room was fantastic, and quiet. The furnishings were contemporary and very tasteful, and our King bed was so comfortable. The fitness center was the most well equipped of any hotel we have stayed, and it was amazing. The breakfast was plentiful, and tasty. The concierge was so helpful anytime we needed directions or suggestions. It's so helpful as a first time visitor. The hotel is only 2 minutes from the Opera and the Metro and only 5 minutes from the Naschmarket, a fantastic open air market. Obviously, we loved our stay at this fabulous hotel, and will certainly be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “jmac4453”,

wow...what else can I add to your review? Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback with us what we really appreciate it. Attentive service and excellent qualities are our commitments and I will make sure that your positive comments will be forwarded to Barbara. It was certainly my pleasure to assist you prior your arrival and I am sorry that we did not meet personally.

We would be all delighted to have you back soon at the Le Méridien Vienna and if there is anything I can do for you or for one of your next reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Great hotel overall. Very swank styling and art, excellent amenities. Mix of good to excellent (mostly the latter) service between check in, bell hop, concierge, bars and gym. Only weird thing was the toilet and door positioning in bathrooms....makes for awkward moments. I would stay again regardless.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear “BigRedViking74”,

Thank you very much for your review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was our pleasure to host you and we all would be delighted to welcome you soon back.

Our hotel is surely famous for bringing tradition and modernity together. It is great to hear that you could enjoy all those artsy elements and we are happy that our services were up to your satisfaction. Certainly it is our aim to not only provide good but excellent service and if you have any recommendations for us we would be pleased to know more.

I would be delighted to note your preference regarding the bathroom for your next booking, so I can make sure that the room will be set as expected. We do have rooms where the bathroom is more separated from the bedroom and it would be my pleasure to assign you one of those.

If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Great location with everything within easy walking distance. A very stylish, designer hotel with a buzzy bar and restaurant. I had a superior room at the back of the hotel and it was very quiet. The room was very well appointed but the bathroom was just something else - a multi directional shower tower and a huge tub! The staff are extraordinarily helpful and friendly. It seemed nothing was too much effort for them. Some of the design features don't quite work as you would expect them to and have not stood up to daily wear and tear but, other than that, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear “an T”,

Thank you very much for posting your positive comments about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It is absolutely great to hear that you had such a lovely time in Vienna and I am happy that we could contribute to your experience with attentive service.

Our hotel has surely a lot of artsy elements but this should not mean that design comes before practicability. Without doubt I would like to know more about your feedback regarding the functionality and please do not hesitate to write me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Our associates and myself would be delighted to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and I rest on your disposal for any kind of requests.

Kind regards to Warfield,

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I had left my iPod Classic in the clock/dock after check out and realised it after two days.

Normally, when you leave anything in your room, the staff calls you about 10 minutes after you check out (I've had that happen several times when I left books etc that I had finished reading).
I happened to be back at this hotel after three days in Graz so I checked but they weren't very helpful. They either didn't give me any, or when they did, contradicting info.
I wouldn't even think it was the cleaning staff (had seen her and she was extremely kind and helpful) that was responsible but surely the quality check that they do after your room gets cleaned and cleared should have noticed. If they didn't then surely their job is pointless... After I pressed this issue really hard, they gave me an update or two on the situation, which was that they could do nothing and hadn't found my iPod....they said: 'it must have been taken by the guests that stayed in your room after you, and we have contacted them but they are not answering / replying'. Never heard from them again.

Apart from that, this is a very average hotel, and therefore overpriced, that is clearly cutting costs on many fronts; 1 - staff numbers are at a bare minimum and that shows upon check in (long lines and only one staff member behind the counter), 2 - room service (which is friendly but bad anyway, when you order an egg you don't get toast with it and when you ask for toast they appear about 45 minutes later with two slices but no butter...), 3 - toiletries (no nail file, cotton buds etc, just shower gel and shampoos) and 4 - furniture (most decent hotels update / refurbish every 5 years, not here seemingly, and also it looks very Ikea).

I notified the concierge and the reception desk of a faulty, flickering and noisy (loud clicking sounds) exit sign that was right outside my door, they said they'd look at it immediately but never did, not even the next day. I had to change room but walked past it the day after, still the same.

They do seem to try their best to conceal that they are cutting costs by telling the staff to be super friendly, which they are, but that doesn't help much really. When they say: 'we'll look into that straight away Ms.(insert your name here)', you smile and think that's great, but then nothing happens...so useless really.

I actually almost feel sorry for the staff, who really are very friendly and seem to try their very best, but they just can't seem to handle a work load that clearly demands more staff.
It feels a bit like you're being taken for a ride, together with the staff, by the management. They are cutting costs or so while the staff suffers and you, the customer, pays the same amount you would've for what you expect to get, and the owners / management undoubtedly still cashes in regardless of crisis or whatever the situation is. And you the customer should notice nothing and smile and happily leave? Makes me feel a bit like I am being treated like a fool. Especially when you actually quite obviously notice they are concealing the fact they are cutting costs drastically.

The free minibar (water, soft drinks and a beer) is a cheap way of pretendending you get value for money.

Having said that, I say it again, for the very most part, the staff really is super friendly and try their very best. Also, the food in the restaurant is very good if somewhat inconsistent.

The rooms, apart from looking very Ikea, are comfortable enough (beds comfy, shower comfy, tho as usual not enough space for your shampoos etc within the shower area) except that the lights make noises for a while after switching them on or off. Really annoying, especially when you need to work.
Wifi took a good few hours to get started on first day. That was a glitch and after that is was fine but they should have situations like that backed up and sorted since there are business travelers who chose a hotel for these things, like me.

I had stayed here a year ago and all was quite alright then. Nothing special but alright and a good location. I noticed that almost all art works were the same tho and hadn't changed at all. I wonder if there has been a change in management or in strategy...?

Anyway, side-leaning glasses and Ikea funkyness do not make up for cheapness.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MyrVan

Dear “MyrVan”,

Thank you very much sharing your honest and open feedback regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions with us and comments like yours are handled with care. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and with your review you are helping us to optimize our services and quality.

First of all I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to loss of your IPod and moreover the service you received. This is a very delicate situation and I am truly saddened how your request got handled. As I would like to follow up on your case properly I kindly ask you to contact me at your earliest convenience at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com so we may learn details of your room number. Our main concern is certainly your statement and your trust in our company.

Generally spoken we do select all our staff members very carefully and all found goods must be handed in immediately to the responsible supervisor or manager. All lost and found is stored for one year at our office to ensure we can hand it back as soon as possible to the legal owner. Daily bag and locker checks are done to make sure that such a situation can’t happen but it unfortunately happened to you and I would like to try my best to find an acceptable solution for you.

What makes me even sadder is the fact that you have been staying with us already twice and I am very sorry that we could not provide you the service you expected due to previous experiences. Friendliness is surely a key factor but it doesn’t help at all if there is no effective and attentive service. I can understand your disappointment and I forwarded your comments already to our head of departments to assure that we will implement another training for all of our associates to guarantee that all of them can handle guest feedback and follow it up appropriately.

Your comfort is very important to us and I am happy that you could enjoy at least your room. Thank you again for mentioning the clicking noise and I would like to investigate on this as well so I do hope you will contact me at my above mentioned email address as I can learn your room details.

As I can read also from your feedback you are interested in art works and if you are planning to maybe return one more time at our hotel, I would be delighted to offer you a short tour through our artist’s space where the displayed art is changing several times a year. Our current exhibition is featuring Anne Mann who is dedicated to “sloppy impressionism” and you can literally feel the raw energy of her brush strokes.

“MyrVan”, once again I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you had with your previous email. I hope we might get the chance to make up this experience at least a little bit. I look forward to hearing from you soon and I rest on your disposal for any kind of request.
Best regards,