“Great hotel in a central location”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #76 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Valencia, Spain
“Great hotel in a central location”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed at the Le Meridien Vienna a number of times over the last view years, it's one of the best hotels in Vienna with a central location. The rooms are modern and clean, and breakfast is great as well.

The rooms do start to look a little tired but nothing that can't easily be fixed. Great bathrooms, but without a shower door you do flood the bathroom even if you try very hard not too...

Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear “Kurumba77”,

Thank you very much for your great feedback about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We appreciate your kind words and we are happy to hear that we welcomed you already several times this year.

Should there be anything I can do for you or for any upcoming stay please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com and I would gladly assist you with any inquiries.

Best regards,

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Houston
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We celebrated our anniversary here and the we were upgraded to a nice suite. I should add that we are also Platinum SPG members so that helps a little as well.

The staff was beyond friendly. If you need any suggestions as David as your Ambassador. He did not steer us wrong.

The car service from the airport to hotel and back is an excellent service as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear “TheShadow32”,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna and also from my side a happy belated anniversary!

We always like to go the little extra mile for our guests and exactly your comments are showing us that the efforts by our associates are well appreciated by our guests. So please be assured that wel forwarded your kind words to our associates and they were happy to hear.

Kindly let me know if there is anything I can do for you in future and I would gladly assist you.
Warm regards to Houston,

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We started our 5 nite stay in Room 212, which was awful. It faced the courtyard and was on the same level as some rocks and the hotel's solar panels. When I went to the front desk, the women were courteous and had no problem changing my room as of the next night because They were fully booked on that particular day.
The staff moved our luggage while we were out sightseeing. The new room -- room 621 was much better. It had a beautiful view. It was much lighter.
The location, as everyone mentioned, is ideal for visiting beautiful Vienna!
I do have a few complaints about the functionality of the room. Of course the lack of shower doors, is just ridiculous. The bed is also very low to the ground, so it may be difficult for those who are elderly or have mobility issues. There are no real chests of drawers -- just a couple of cubby holes. The last thing that I found annoying is that the clock radio was on the desk, and could not be moved to the night stand because there was no outlet there. For those of us who wear glasses and want to check out the time in the middle of the night, this is a problem.
All in all, I enjoyed our stay, and I would stay here again if ever I came back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view -- not facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear “door 60”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to host you and we all hope to welcome you soon again.

However, I would like to take the chance to apologize for the inconveniences experienced upon check in and which happened during your stay. Certainly I can understand your disappointment but I am happy to hear that our associates could find a quick and effective solution for you. Without doubt we will take your experiences in consideration for your next stay and please do not hesitate to write me a short notice at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com so I could assure your full comfort.

As mentioned above we all hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and at our hotel and personally I rest on your disposal for any future requests.

Best regards,

London
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel is brilliantly located, stylish and the Duluxe Suite was perfect for a romantic getaway. I wrote to the Duty Manager Katharina prior to our trip to explain that it was my partner's birthday and she pulled out all the stops to make our arrival incredibly special. The hotel staff were always friendly, professional and super efficient. On my partners birthday, we even had cake delivered to our room with a card! I had a few questions and needed help with booking my partner's birthday lunch outside the hotel and they went to the trouble of arranging a table reservation with a place that I could not get in touch with from the UK. Other than the Spa being out of order due to a technical fault (however we used the spa at a gym over the road, which was organised by the hotel and this was great), the hotel offered a truly magical experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting the beautiful city of Vienna. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The room facing the park at the back of the hotel were quiet with a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear “Laura N”,

Thank you so much for your absolutely wonderful words about your recent stay at the le Méridien Vienna. It was my pleasure to assist you with organizing your partner’s special day and we are all happy to hear that you had a blast in our beautiful city.

However, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding the closed swimming pool but we had to face some unpredictable technical issues which couldn’t have been resolved immediately. But isn’t it all about finding some equivalent solutions :-)?

I hope to welcome you back both at our property and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further requests.

Best regards to London,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Location Location Location, the Hapsburg Palace practically at your door step, the museum district a short block or two away, 5 min walk to shopping. Vienna was a great city and this hotel was spot on for visiting. The service was consistent no wait times for assistance. The rooms were modern and well appointed. Beds comfortable. It's a shame the shower doesn't have a door. The water flows into the bathroom when taking a shower. We did advise the front desk about this issue and they are well aware of the problem. We were advised upon checkout that rooms are currently being retrofitted with shower doors to rectify the problem. Unfortunately we weren't one of the lucky ones to have one and as such I couldn't give a full rating otherwise I would have given it one. We will return if ever back in Vienna.

Dear “CanSunSeeker”,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna.

As you well noticed, our hotel features indeed a great location but your comfort is even more important to us. Therefore I am sorry to hear that the bathroom caused you some inconveniences and certainly I can understand your concerns which I would be happy to take in consideration for any upcoming stay.

So we all hope to welcome you soon back at our property and should there be anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Meridien in Vienna is one of my favorite business hotels. Friendly efficient service, comfy rooms (i love the design, but may not be everyone's taste), tasty breakfast and room service, and a great location. The coffee in the cafe is about the best I've ever tasted.

And something I've never EVER seen. A free mini-bar stocked full of juices and sodas. Refilled everyday? Can't beat that.

Nice gym in the basement with a small pool and hot tub.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear “biztraveler71”,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and we do hope to welcome you back many more times.

Should there be anything I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me and I would gladly assist you to assure your full comfort.

Kind regards,

usa
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel has a great location in the heart of Vienna and is walking distance to most of the sites. The restaurant was great and offered a fusion menu. The front desk check in was very efficient and staff was very helpful. The room was large and modern.

I would stay here again

Dear “worldtraveler1Usa”,

Thank you very much for your nice review about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you were not only able to benefit from our superb location but that we could impress with friendly and efficient services.

We do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to our property and personally I rest on your disposal for any further requests.

Warm regards from Vienna,