“Imaginitive decor”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #67 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Situated virtually opposite the Opera House the hotel is very conveniently located.
Very friendly and courteous service overall. Decor is unusual and verging on the boutique, but cosy. The restaurant is a little soulless but unusual art forms on the walls are intriguing. A somewhat limited menu but the food is very good and the Austrian wines were not bad at all.
My bedroom was on the 8th (top) floor. This meant gabled ceilings and skylight windows with great views of the sky and roofs but little else. Also, if it rains hard, be ready for the noise on the glass skylights. But, the standard of furnishing and fittings was excellent. The bathroom was spacious, ultra modern and above all practical. Everything worked. Huge shower cubicle with easy to use controls. Also fitted with a vertical floor to ceiling stainless steel pole that would no doubt enable a bit of practice for those dancers that felt energetic though more likely it was meant to help people like me who might be a bit unsteady after a few drinks. It also had a bathtub in addtion to the shower.
Overall a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the 8th floor if you want a view of the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear “Robert112 ...“,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It is great to hear that you could not only benefit from our superb location but that we could impress as well with friendly and efficient services.

Our property represents the modernity and tradition of Vienna in the 21st century and we are happy that we could surprise with unexpected details and comfort. Certainly we will also take your room preferences into account for any upcoming stay, as we do want to assure your full satisfaction.

Therefore, should there be anything I can do for you in future please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com and I would gladly assist.

Kind regards to Great Britain,

Front of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,054)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Again the Le Meridien Vienna has convinced as friendly and customer oriented business hotel in the heart of Vienna with good size rooms, friendly staff and a nice bar and cafe.
The parking may be a bit tricky but this is normal on the vienna Ring Road - the Concierge can help out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear “Thomas P“,

thank you for your short but even nicer review about your recent stay at our property. It is great to hear that even though it has been a business trip, you were able to enjoy your time in Vienna and we certainly hope to welcome you soon again.

Should there be anything I can do for you or for an upcoming stay please do not hesitate to contact me and I would gladly assist.

Best regards to Kongsberg,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel is very well placed near the opera and major attractions of Vienna; Rooms are quiet and comfortable, bathroom clean, and the ambiance is fair. In addition I had minibar free and a nice in room service for the breakfast. Excellent hotel for leisure and business

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear „FrancoisD ...“,

thank you very much for sharing your positive review about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We really appreciate your kind words and it is great to hear that you enjoyed some great days.

We do hope to welcome you soon again and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future assistance. I rest on your disposal and warm regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Booked this hotel because of swimming pool and high ratings both on tripadvisor and booking.com. Generally did not feel like staying in a 5-star hotel. Firstly, the smell of tobacco that meets you near lifts (they are near the Moet bar). Dark elevators. Then you will have to take a long path along corridors dragging and pulling your luggage over the stairs (why are there stairs in corridors?).
I would like to speak with a designer who has worked out all that queer stuff in the room like a strange horse at the bed's head, and placed a huge bedside-table in the middle of the room.
Then the bathroom -- a glass wall near the bed turning into an enormous lamp if you turn lights on. A shower cabin with no door, when you take a shower all bathroom's floor is covered with water. No heating floor to help to dry this damp. No hooks to hang bathrobes. No vanity kits.
In the morning I tried to visit gym -- actually a tiny room full of people, no free running mills. This is a public gym overcrowded in mornings when people come for workouts before work. The swimming pool is also very small, as well as the sauna. The steam room is poorly designed -- with very cold floor.
Breakfast did not remedy my general impression: no fresh vegetables, not big variety of snacks, hot starters not tasty. Fully crowded around 9 am, no free tables.
I don't think I would recommend this hotel or stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear “Sertova“,

thank you very much for your honest feedback about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your opinion is highly appreciated as only with your help we are able to constantly develop our services and quality.

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the negative impressions you took away and it truly saddens us that your stay resulted in a disappointment. Without doubt I can understand your concerns and please be assured that we shared your feedback immediately with the concerned departments.

However, design and art are always quite polarizing elements and certainly the interior style is not everyone’s taste. Nonetheless, your comfort has our highest priority and modernity should never go hand in hand with impracticability.

We all hope that we will get a second chance and certainly we would use this opportunity to regain your trust in our quality and services. Personally I rest on your disposal for any future requests and please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed here on the second leg of a trip through central Europe. Easy to get to by public transportation from most of the major rail stations (Came from Meidling and left by the Hbf). Street cars stop just a short walk away as is the OpernRing subway station. Most of the major sights in the inner city are within walking distance, but having easy access to the street car and subway is perfect after a long day of sight seeing. The room was very spacious by European standards. My friend had trouble connecting to the wifi, but I had no problems with my KindleHD and iPhone. The bathroom had a full sized tub and a triple nozzle shower which was great, although don't leave anything on the floor you wouldn't want to get soaked. The free minibar was a nice bonus. Had a room on the rear side of the building, so the view wasn't of the OpernRing, but not a bad view either. As other reviewers have noted, the interiors are a little dated in the hallways, but the rooms are great. Hands down the best hotel we stayed in during our trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear “sh1871”,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive impressions about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you could enjoy some amazing days in our beautiful city and certainly we hope to welcome you soon again.

Your satisfaction with our services and amenities is certainly very important to us and therefore it is a huge compliment that we belong to one of your favorite hotels and please be assured that we will never get tired of spoiling our guests :-)!

Should there be anything I can do for you or for upcoming stay please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and best regards to New Hampshire,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Average hotel, somewhat dated interiors, dark inside with weird design, lobby not very functional, long corridors with stairs (not convenient to carry baggage), dark lifts, stench of smoke near the lifts from the Moet bar. A plastic woman sitting in the lobby.
Took a standard room, Ikea-style, bathroom - poorly designed, if you take a shower water accumulates on the floor and stays until they clean the room, free wi-fi poor quality, for 12 euros you can buy a better internet.
breakfast -- nothing interesting, generally not tasty, I believe I had something that was not very fresh and had troubles (nothing serious though). Interior is in dark colors, tables small.

gym is very small (two treadmills), pool -- very small, two people fit, but three people make the pool fully crowded, saunas -- for 2-3 people maximum.

Overall, my experience in this hotel was average and next time I would look to go to a different hotel in Vienna

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear “sergei p“,

thank you very much for sharing your honest feedback with us about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your open words are highly appreciated as only with your help we are able to constantly develop our services and quality.

I am really sorry to hear that your stay obviously resulted in a great disappointment and it saddens me that we were not able to provide the excellent service you expected. Our hotel surely does not represent the classic luxury but we do care certainly a lot about your comfort and well-being. Therefore, we do hope that we will get a second chance from your side to proof your trust in our brand.

Should there be anything I can do for you or an upcoming stay please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com and I would happily assist.

Best regards to Moscow,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Sadly I was only able to spend one night at this excellent hotel but wish the stay could have been much longer. Arrived mid-afternoon and was given an excellent, street-facing single room big on both space and style - comfortable sitting/working area, cozy bed, and an enormous bathroom with separate claw-footed tub. The hotel was practically across from the opera house, near the museum quarter, and a short walk from the old town center. Convenient to both tram lines and the metro too. The front desk staff kindly gave some good sightseeing advice as well as tips for the best Christmas markets to check out. By far the best hotel I stayed at during a two-week tour through Europe. The complimentary minibar was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Street facing and courtyard view rooms are available. Noise was not an issue with my street-facing...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear “studiospotter”,

Thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed a fantastic time and certainly we also cross the fingers that with your next stay you will be able to have a few more days for exploring…Vienna in spring or summer is beautiful as well :-)!

Should there be anything we can do for an upcoming stay please do not hesitate to contact us and I personally rest on your disposal for any future requests.

Best regards,