“Luxury and romance”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #67 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed for valentines weekend, what a fantastic place. Very arty decor, very attentive staff. Breakfast was great but a little pricey at €32 each, but it did set us up for the day!
Very nice room with complimentary drinks, a little noisy from the street.
Very close to the museums and galleries.
A very stylish and comfortable hotel

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorothee C, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear “Peter_Dawn01”,

Many thanks for your fantastic comment on your recent stay at Le Méridien Vienna. It is a pleasure to read of your most positive experiences with us, this shows us that our efforts are being appreciated and that we were able to create unforgettable memories for our most precious guests. Especially as it was your Valentines weekend it is even more valuable to us that you enjoyed a great stay!

We are also glad that you enjoyed our rich breakfast – even though it might have been a little pricey for you. A good energetic start into the day was guaranteed though as you mentioned – so we hope you did see the variety of breakfast offers as a benefit and it remains as a good experience.

Your comment on the room you stayed at will certainly be seen as a point to be enhanced for your next stay, so we added your preferences for a quiet room to your profile in order to ensure the perfect stay for you.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back soon here with as at Le Méridien Vienna – for your next Valentines getaway or for any other occasion. In case we can be of any assistance regarding your next visit, please let me know anytime.

Kind regards to Birmingham,
Nicole Kirchbaumer

Write a ReviewReviews (3,054)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed two nights and the location is perfect for visits in Wien: the Museum Quartier, the Staatsoper, and St. Stephan's Cathedral are walking distance. The staff is very kind and efficient; rooms are large with elegant furniture (the bathroom has a fantastic antique white tub). If we have to complain: the room for the continental breakfast is next to the smoking area. And this was not a "good morning"!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fgrabbits
Dorothee C, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear “fgrabbits”,

Thank you very much for your excellent review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that you enjoyed not only our superb location but also our artsy design elements throughout the whole hotel.

However I apologize for the discomfort experienced at the Le Moet bar due to the smoking area. We would be pleased to serve you also our breakfast in Restaurant Shambala.

We hope to welcome you soon again at our property and kind regards to Pisa,
Dorothee Cooreman

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed for a weekend in this hotel, being situated near the Naschmarkt. We had lovely meals in different restaurants inside the market and bought products from around the world. The suite was spacious and cosy with beautiful colours and pretty details to embellish the room. A negative point which made us laugh, the shower was “so modern” that was losing water under the door so we soon had a pool in all the bathroom.
Clean, huge bad with high mattress, plenty room, the polite personnel and delicious breakfast. We didn't use the spa, was too busy being out!

Room Tip: ask how the shower is build :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dorothee C, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear “Mihaela”

Thank you very much for your kind note about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your days with us and that our superb location helped in discovering the lovely Nashmarkt.
We do hope to welcome you soon again!

Warm regards to Lugano,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The lady at the front desk was exceedingly friendly and spoke flawless English. We arrived very early in the day and they already had the room ready for us—they also gave us an upgrade to a better room for €20. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was fine save for the fact that the shower had a tendency to leak onto the floor outside. Everything in the minibar was complimentary, which was quite nice.

The location is great as well, just a few steps away from the Opera House, and a 5-10 minute walk from both the Graben and the Rathaus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear “Londoninlights”,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate your kind words about your experiences and without doubt it would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again.

We always try to accommodate our guests arriving early so that they can relax and enjoy the city without the worries of checking-in later. We are very pleased that that you enjoyed your enhanced room and that you could benefit of our excellent location.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards to Los Angeles,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here alone, as I was meeting friends who were staying at a hotel nearby. I chose the hotel for it's location and because it had a swimming pool.

Stuff I Liked: The staff. Everyone was friendly & helpful and the service was great.

The Location: The last time I stayed in Vienna I wasn't in the centre and the transportation system was so confusing. But this was a great location - handy for everything we wanted to see.

Room: Modern room and bathroom with lovely comfortable bed. I loved the pink clawfoot tub. You also got a free mini bar with water, juice, coke and a beer each day.

Le Moet: Great champagne bar with nice food. I ate here 3 times. My only dislike was the food from the champagne breakfast was not really to my taste and the scrambled egg was v runny - a friend joined me later and hers was fine. Next time I would just choose different items from the menu and have champagne with them.

The pool: Nice pool. Small and a bit cold at first but I like that as it means most people use the hot tub and you get the pool to yourself. It was also very easy to access from the room lifts so you could go down there in your robe.

Price: I thought it was excellent value. I booked a package that included flights on Expedia and I got a great deal.

Stuff I Didn't Like

Housekeeping: They offer you the option of having no house-keeping at room service in exchange for five euros a day. I found that kind of insulting given the class of the hotel, and five euros in exchange for no housekeeping, no clean towels, no mini-bar or toiletries top up is not a good deal. I declined the offer but when I placed a bath towel on the floor to be changed, housekeeping hung it back up instead of replacing it - that shouldn't happen.

The main bar: After I had checked in I wanted a drink but Le Moet was closed. The main bar was more like a nightclub, with lots of v young non-resident guests. I didn't feel comfortable in there so I took my drink into the lobby. The quality of wine was poor for 9 euros 50 a glass.

On the whole I really enjoyed my stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will stay there again if I return to Vienna. But they need to sort the housekeeping issues, and also make the main bar more appealing to residents at night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CAMc6

Dear „CathMc1“,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your previous stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Feedback like yours is always great to hear and we are more than happy that we could add even more enjoyment to your stay with our unique Gourmet -Champagne Bar Le Moet.

Our unique selling point of the hotel is definitely the location. Especially when guests are planning site visits, public transportation can be avoided, as almost every highlight of Vienna is reachable by foot.

Our Make a Green Choice program, is Starwood’s worldwide environmental friendly program. We ask our guests to participate by leaving housekeeping service out for at least 1 day. It is correct that the room does not get serviced; however guests can become fresh towels upon demand. To thank our guests for helping us save the environment, we gift them a voucher worth 5€ in our venues, or 500 SPG points or the 5€ can be donated to our partner Unicef.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the bar, as it is only with constant feedback that we can update our products, to stay on top of the market and to meet our guests demands & wishes.

We hope that your future travels will bring you back to Vienna soon, and look forward welcoming you again! Please do not hesitate to contact us for any inqueries.

Warm regards to Carlisle,

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Our friend was staying here and we had a lovely breakfast yesterday. This morning while waiting for our friend I asked if they could recommend another place for breakfast. "Try another hotel" was the snooty reply. A stark contrast to the gentlemen at our place Hotel Bristol where every suggestion was perfect and immensely enhanced our visit to Vienna. We will take their Ambassador's advice and try another hotel when we visit again.

Stayed: February 2014
Daniela B, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear „betsywiebker“,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions about your visit at Le Meridien Vienna. First of all we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our rich breakfast buffet together with your friend.
Of course we are concerned about your experiences made with our Concierge and took immediate action to follow up with our associates. Our Concierge understood that you were looking for an american style breakfast buffet, and mentioned the difficulties to find this kind of breakfast in a traditional Viennese surrounding. Especially during the weekdays most of the restaurants and cafés offer smaller a la carte options. However, we indicate the circumstances a huge misunderstanding and would like to take the chance and truly apologize that your simple request resulted into a disappointing situation. You may rest assured that we have already discussed your comment and will avoid this kind of misunderstandings in the future.

Your trust in our company has our main priority and we would gladly welcome you back to Le Meridien Vienna. If you have any further requirements, no matter for which Starwood hotel worldwide, please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance anytime.

Kind regards,
Daniela Barthelt

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed 1 night for business. The hotel is in the centre of Vienna and has a number of good things going for it
a) The fitness center is quite good. It is in the basement (no windows - which is the only downside) - but size and equipment is good
b) Rooms are large
c) Beds are great - good sleep quality
d) Breakfast fine with a good range. Not exceptional - but really good and by all means all you need for both business and vacation

So would I stay here again: yes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FrontOfHouse, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear “THN_DK”,
Thank you for your kind comment on your recent stay at “Le Méridien Vienna”. It is great to read about the good time you enjoyed with us. I am glad you could benefit from all the facilities at our property – I hope you were also able to enjoy our spa area, as well as the free Wifi and refreshments in your room.
I am sorry to hear though that our rich breakfast buffet did not fully satisfy you – perhaps during your next stay we can surprise your taste buds with our Chefs` extraordinary “Signature Breakfast” creations.
As a business traveler you may also avail yourself of many other conveniences at Le Méridien Vienna: Not only do you have the possibility to store your luggage until your next visit (which will certainly be waiting in your room when checking- in) but also to benefit from our small but decent “Early Bird” Coffee Station which is prepared in our Lobby, from the 24hours access to the Fitness Area and our “Business-Check-In” and “– CheckOut” that avoids waiting periods.
You are more than welcome to immerse into the world of “Le Méridien” where there is so much more to explore than you might have seen so far. If I can be of any assistance regarding your next visit with us, please let me know any time.
Warm regards to Denmark,