“Good location ,”

Ranked #82 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Helsinki, Finland
“Good location ,”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stay here with my good friend. Nice good size room with large twin beds. Location Was perfect right in all atractions. Super nice reception staff, both girls and boys 10+
Also in Moett Bar staff Was nice friendly and helpful like waiters in out side terrace restaurant.
Only complain Was that loud music in elevator, Too Loud !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A very beautiful hotel in a strategic location; the hall greets you with fresh water and green apples, and there are art installations in every corner of the hotel, I enjoyed that sort of continuity with the outside: art and beauty everywhere! Even the bathroom can be described as a work of art with its huge "shower room" !!! The hotel is very quiet!
And the Museumsquartier is just around the corner which is really worth visiting. The only thing I cannot understand is this trend some hotels adopted: breakfast for something like 30 euros...a head!!! I find it exaggerated. So we took a stroll, and across the street is this really wonderful garden - the Imperial Garden of Schönbrunn - with the most beautiful café : Palmenhaus - not to be missed!!!

Room Tip: My guess is that every room is excellent and very silent!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_LMV, Senior Front Office Supervisor/Guest Relations at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear “BeaBloom”,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences with us! We are delighted that you report that enthusiastic about your stay with us and that you enjoyed the continuous art work at our property. It is fantastic that we could excite you with all pieces of design in the house, the equipment of the room and our facilities. The breakfast might be not the cheapest one, but offers a great choice of cold and hot dishes and consists of high quality products. If you wish to discover the many breakfast and lunch possibilities in the area close to the hotel, we certainly have the perfect location to do so.

Overall we are more than pleased with your review – we would be thrilled to see you back soon at Le Méridien Vienna.

Let us know any time when you are planning to return to our great city – we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Best regards to Milano,
Great Neck, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

the hotel is beautiful, cool modern and chic feel to it. the lobby has a great bar and dj, the rooms are very nice with a complimentary mini bar... love the hotel and the room and the location... hate to complain about the staff but there was always a line at the desk and the concierge. They just did not have a warm feel to them as you asked for directions, help or advice.... As a matter of fact I asked where I could change dollars for euros and was sent to a bank that doesn't make change... I'd have to imagine that tons of visitors ask where to make change.. how can the staff not know where to send you... While the hotel makes change they are nice were nice enough to tell me that google had the exchange at 73 euros per 100 dollars and the hotel could make the change for me for 62 euros per dollar... I love the Le meridian chain but vienna needs to address there staff training. I still rated it very good and would most likely refer others here but would let them know not to expect much from the staff...

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed here several times and I was quite disappointed this last time. I am an SPG Gold member and I usually get upgraded. This time I got the worst rooms. It was the last on the corridor and this is one of the points many other people mention. Be prepared to walk to get to your room.
I asked to change it and I had to queue for 20 min again, because they don't have a dedicated space for Gold members like other hotels used to have (well, they do have one, but it is either empty or it is not a dedicated one) The staff was overwhelmed. Maybe they need more people during hugh season. These are still tiny things and having stayed here 4 times already, I wouldn't make a big deal. However, the restaurant definitely needs more attention. I had the worst experience ever. I had to ask 3 times for a botthle of water, 4 times for a beer and they mixed up the orders. In the end we left and the person in charge (Markus) did whatever he could to sort out the situation, he really cared. Next day I also received a basket with fruits to appologise for the bad experience. These details make a huge difference and they show that altough they gave a bad service once, they still care for the customers. I just think they need more people during high season.
Some showers don't have a door, which is quite inconvenient. Be prepared for long waiting times at te reception also. And the music in the lift is too loud! It's a hotel, not a disco! It's not even classy to have the music so loud.
Still a good hotel in a phenomenal location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the lift and take enough time to check out
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located on the Opernring, less than five minutes to walk to the U-bahn, Museum Quarter, State Opera, Hofberg Palace and Kartnerstrasse, and about 15 minutes walk from Schloss Belvedere, Stephensplatz and the Danube Canal. Hotel staff are friendly and efficient. Rooms are fine--quite a good size for Europe, although the hotel is showing a fair bit of wear and tear. The hotel consists of at least three older buildings that have been renovated into one. The floor heights in original buildings don't align, so depending on where on the floor your room is located, you may need to negotiate two stairways to get from the lifts to your room. A nice touch is the complimentary mini-bar replenished daily. Food in the restaurant and bar is good, and there are lots of restaurant choices nearby. The gym is small but reasonably well equipped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm staying here for one night only, thank God! This is a dis grace to the Meridiens I have stayed in elsewhere. I'm not staying here ever again. I'm in a suite which is large but doesn't feel fancy at all. It is shabby, needs an update, feels icky, sticky floor, weird chemical smell in the hallway. The mini bar is free but so what when the hotel is so crappy. The bathroom is not convenient, one sink, no q tips, lousy, worn out, cheap towels. Definitely ventilation is lousy here. Housekeeping is bad. I couldn't find the concierge to ask a question. No one greeted me when I arrived. Ask the French to manage this lousy hotel as they did an amazing job with the Sofitel in Budapest! Oh, my breakfast is included but I'll be skipping it so I can get out of here ASAP,

1 Thank agnes9971
Guest_Relations_LMV, Senior Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear “agnes9971”,

We feel truly sorry about your negative experiences at Le Méridien Vienna and the impressions you left us with.

To get the opportunity to better follow up on any inconveniences you faced during your stay with us, we would be glad if we could get in contact with you directly.

Please feel free to contact us on daniela.sommer@lemeridien.com or nicole.kirchbaumer@lemeridien.com anytime – we would be happy to discuss the incidents with you. If you prefer to discuss your stay via phone, also feel free to send us your telephone contact, we will give you a call whenever it suits you best.

We are very much hoping to hear from you soon – we remain at your disposal anytime for further questions.

Kind regards to New York City,
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have stayed at The Bristol and the Imperial Palace and yet our favorite hotel in Vienna is The Meridian, the less expensive of the three. The rooms are modern, large and clean. The gym is nice and the best part is that they have a small indoor pool and jacuzzi. Great after a day beating the streets sightseeing. The staff are always super nice. I like that you get a coupon for two free coffees and the mini bar (a coke a beer, water and juice) is free. Who does that? I love it. Small things like make a big difference in terms of comfort that I haven't found at the other hotels. Dennis at the front desk was super nice in getting us checked in. Walking distance to everything as it is on the ring across from the Opera House and near the Museums Quarter.

Room Tip: Stay high up to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_LMV, Senior Front Office Supervisor/Guest Relations at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear “Kecks”,

Many thanks for your great review on your last stay with us!

We are more than happy to have been able to create such lasting memories - and we are very much looking forward to welcoming back soon at your “favorite hotel in Vienna”!

If we can be of assistance for future reservations or other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime!

Warm regards to Santa Monica,