“Location Location”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #75 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 4 January 2011

If you are staying here, you don't have to spend a penny on transportation. Everything is within walking distance. Museums, churches, the palace, opera, the shopping centre, i mean everything. This Hi-tech hotel has friendly staff , cozy rooms and a functional spa.though I must warn you guys ,if you plan an early check in, the rooms are not done before 10:30 am.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2011

Dear „rohitoraon“

Thank you very much for your comment!
We appreciate very much, that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was very proud about your notes.

It would be a great pleasure to welcoming you again soon.
In the meantime we send you our best regards from Vienna

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Vienna

Reviewed 4 January 2011

We have visited Vienna a few times and we always stay at Le Meridien. It is one of the best hotels I've ever been to and it's just too perfect to pass up! The rooms are funky-- modern design, great views, clawfoot bathtubs. You'll feel like a big shot staying at this hotel. Also, our dog comes with us everywhere and it was no problem bringing him to Le Meridien Vienna. The location is just about as good as it gets for Vienna. It is a five-minute walk to Kartnerstrasse-- the main shopping street and the opera house. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel itself has a posh little bar downstairs and also a small but solid gym in the basement. We had one hiccup where the first room they gave us had a broken heater but they were very apologetic and even threw in a free breakfast for us! We were pretty okay with that ;) Very classy establishment. Stay here when you're visiting Vienna-- you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

After a bit of hassle getting there due to flight complications I found the hotel friendly and welcoming. The location is superb, very near to the main sites. The interior is good quality and modern with art in the public areas. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped (although no Sky so I missed the Ashes Test) and the room service / cleaning is very good, even during the holiday.

Downsides? The hotel bar didn't open until 4pm (there is another attached to the Hotel) and when it did they played quite loud dance music most of the time. As a result I didn't feel like a pre- or post-dinner drink when I did eat in, nor a quiet snifter before retiring on returning from a concert. If the weather had been bad I feel the hotel public areas would have been rather taxing. The restaurant was good without being as great as its own publicity suggests. Oh and I mentioned missing the cricket didn't I?

But the staff were very helpful, including when my mother was ill, and generally made us feel very welcome. The ability to switch between languages fluently is a skill I can only admire but I was never made to feel self-concious about having very poor German. That goes for the City as well as the Hotel.

One final question - what is the point of heated clothes rails in the wardrobes?

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear „Milkfloat“,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences with the whole world!

It is a pleasure for us to see, that you felt comfortable and welcome, special thanks for
commenting our staff, as they all were very proud to read your notes.

We are terribly sorry to hear, that our new Bar “Le Moet” did not meet your needs,
but please be informed, that you can also have a drink in our hotel bar before 4 p.m.!

It would be a pleasure for us to welcoming you and your mother again soon
and in the meantime we send you our best regards from Vienna

Reviewed 2 January 2011

I was planning to stay in this hotel for Christmas with my fiance. We booked the hotel months in advance as i was very impressed with the hotel website. Unfortunately our flight was cancelled due to the bad weather and the next available flight was 5 days later!!! When i rang the hotel to explain the situation they were completely unhelpful, rude and unsympathetic, no christmas spirit at all!!!! DONT EVER STAY THERE!!!! They refused to give me refund or offer me vouchers to stay another time. I had paid the full price up front, Never again!!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Humbug021
Reviewed 2 January 2011

This is the second time I've visited Vienna to experience the wonderful atmosphere of the Christmas markets and there is no better place from which to do so than Le Meridien Vienna. The location is unparalled, right in the center of town, the staff are friendly and efficient and the hotel just has such a nice vibe to it. Maybe it's the original and contemporary art pieces sprinkled throughout the lobby, maybe the cool vibe that the lounge area gives off...this is definitely a modern, funky hotel that feels more boutique than chain. Now home to the Moet Champagne bar...it only just keeps getting better! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear „siminr“

Thank you so much for your words!

We are delighted to hear, that you had such an amazing stay in our hotel
And with pleasure we forwarded your praise to our staff.

We are already looking forward to your next stay
and send you our best wishes from Vienna

Reviewed 1 January 2011

This is a spectacular establishment - extremely modern, stylish, elegant in the very best possible location in Vienna. However, perhaps a bit too modern - like other reviewers, we hated the bathrooms. That bathrooms are the only reason I'm not giving this hotel an overall 5 rating.

Our arrival experience was great. We were early, but not only was the front desk staff able to accomodate us, they upgraded us. I was staying at this hotel using the partial-Starpoints system (I basically paid $50US per night while also using some of my Starpoints). The lobby is ultra-modern, with lots of flashy neon and very modern furnishings. When we were there, there was a lobby exhibit showcasing props from recent Vienna Opera House productions.

We also were very pleased with the room (well, most of it). Room was overall large for what I expect to find in Europe vs. the US. Very modern furnishings (in either blue, green, or pink themes, some neon). Several local magazines and tourist publications provided. Flat-panel TV and free Internet access. Best of all, free minibar, restocked daily with both soft and hard drinks and snacks.

Downside is the bathrooms. It's a "wet-room" style shower - meaning, it's just a shower near the toilet with a drain. This produces a lot of water and a lot of steam. My wife (who was in her first trimester of pregnancy at the time) absolutely hated the bathroom and said the shower was too complicated and the jets were actually painful. I didn't have as big a problem with the shower, but I disliked the lack of privacy with the entire bathroom area. Although you can close the bathroom door, the door and walls separating the bathroom from the bedroom area is frosted glass and semi-transparent. I was uncomfortale with this arrangement, but it's apparantly the hot new thing with ultra-modern hotel design. I'd prefer a more traditional, private set-up (although, I've heard of worse, like hotels that only have a curtain separating the bed from the toilet).

But going back to the good, this hotel is in the best possible location in Vienna, in my opinion. It is a stone's throw from the majestic opera house and some of the city's best shopping. I wished we had actually gotten opera tickets, but we were able to literally hear the live opera while strolling back to our hotel at night. They also have a modern bar and restaurant and Vespa rentals, if you are so inclined.

Overall, this hotel is impressive in its design - this is modern elegance at its best. The overall feeling of the establishment is a very current, very stylish, and very trendy feel while still maintainng a luxurious atmosphere.

Staff was great - all spoke great English, no problems with the bill or services. Using my Starwood Preferred Guest, I got an exceptional value, and despite the unfortunate bathroom design, I was very pleased with my choice of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear „TangoYank”

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback.
We are pleased to hear, that you were absolutely satisfied with our services and that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel.

Our staff was very proud of your comment - this is a great motivation.

We are sorry to hear, that our “power showers” could not meet your expectations.

It would be a pleasure to welcoming you back again upon your next stay in Vienna,

kind regards

Reviewed 19 December 2010

We spent two nights at this hotel with 2 and 5 yr olds. We booked the junior suite and found it very spacious, and modern. The hotel has lots of glitz. The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub area. The best shower I have ever used. Very impressive with three nozzle spouts with excellent water pressure. Lots of space for cots and for the kids to play. Huge tv that swings around a poll so you can view it from any angle. Complimentary mini-bar was awesome. The pool and jacuzzi were wonderful. Had a massage that was good but massage area needs upgrading. Location is excellent with Tram outside, Opera house across the street and many, many places to eat and shop at. Checked out the Christmas markets in Vienna. Excellent service from staff. Highly recommend a stay at this funky hotel. Free wifi was a bonus since not all le meridiens provide this.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2010

Dear „tonyfern“

It is a pleasure for us to see, that you and your family have had a great time at Le Meridien Vienna and that you´ve enjoyed our facilities.

Our staff was very proud about your comments!

We are looking forward to your next stay and send you our best wishes
and kindest regards