“Hidden Gem! You gotta go!!!”

Bockshorn Irish Pub
Ranked #7 of 138 Nightlife in Vienna
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem! You gotta go!!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

What can I say but that I love this place! We stumbled across it completely on accident. I was traveling with two of my good friends around Europe and we were out that night with 3 girls we had met there in Vienna a few nights before. The bartender there, Chris, was great. We instantly hit it off because they carried VB (Victoria Bitter from Australia) and I hadn't had any since I lived down there years ago. We had an absolute blast there with the group. There's a ridiculous amount of stuff on the wall and even better - on the ceiling. It just makes the place cozy, nostalgic and timeless. We had so much fun there the first night that it wasn't even a question where we were headed to the next and final night there in Vienna. Chris was hilarious to talk to and everyone in the place was great. Just make sure they don't have to blow the horn or ring the bell on you. Haha. ;) I only wish I have the chance to get back there someday. Definitely my favorite Irish bar I've ever been to and that's saying a lot being that I've done a tour through Ireland before. Like I said, you gotta go!!!

Visited August 2013
6 Thank JerJR

• Greek first
zagreb
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Must visit!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is the smallest pub in Vienna you just have to visit! Decorated really cool (you can entertain yourself for some time there), great drink choices, great atmosphere ;)

Visited March 2013
6 Thank Tina S
Zagreb, Croatia
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great little pub”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Get a pint, two or seven, you'll be pleased.
Excellent choice of whiskeys as well, great music and friendly staff.
Don't miss it if you visit Vienna for couple of days.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gooran_G
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Friendly, Fun Irish Pub in the heart of Vienna”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Basically, I've travelled extensively over the last ten years and more often than I've happened up on an Irish pub whether it be in Chicago, Copenhagan or Prague :) I can honestly say the vibe I experienced in the Bockshorn recently was by the far the best. One could even say it restored my faith in the "Irish Pub scene", having lived in the UK for years. I was more than impressed with the selection of beer, wine and spirits specifically the selection of whiskey to which the barman; Chris held an encyclopedic knowledge of. The memorabilia on the walls and ceilings was authentic and gave the place an authentic feel which I've rarely seen before in Irish pubs in other cities. The folks in there were so warm and friendly and this coupled with excellent music gave the place a cool and homely vibe. Chris did a fantastic job of making everyone feel welcome which contributed to two superb evenings....hope to be there soon :)

Visited February 2013
7 Thank GazzaGael
Vienna, Austria
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Simply the best and most genuine irish Pub in Vienna”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Bockshorn is a little gem hidden away in a small alley right in the center of Vienna. They have a huge range of Whiskeys, Beers and Cider on tap and the walls, decked out with original Irish pub nostalgia, could keep you entertained for hours. But what really makes this pub special is the unique atmosphere which is much help by charismatic staff. If you have no sense of humour, this is not the pub for you. Sit at the bar and have a chat with the knowledgable bar tenders (only one a night) and watch the rhythm of the night steadily increase along with the music. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2014