“Best Irish pub in vienna”

Bockshorn Irish Pub
Ranked #6 of 135 Nightlife in Vienna
buenos aires
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Best Irish pub in vienna”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everytime i go back to vienna, Bockshorn is the place i need to go at least one time....The pub is so small and packed with different stuff, but exactly that makes it so special. Good Guinnes, nice Whiskies makes this pub an authentic Irish pub....even if the barman seems to be very rude some times....

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My New Favorite Irish Pub anywhere”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've been to sit of places and checked out apt of Irish pubs, including this one last night. It's my new favorite - anywhere. Great small space. Very friendly staff. Interesting mix of clientele. Love it!!

Visited April 2014
8 Thank Smarkosk
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“As rare as hen's teeth, thrice as magical...”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I suppose it's perilous to use British pop culture to describe an Irish pub but stumbling across the Bockshorn is the closest real-life experience I've had to pushing a trolley through Platform 9 & 3/4. If you zig-zag your way through Vienna's romantic alleyways thirsty enough for a pint of Guinness, this folkloric haunt may appear suddenly in your path like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Cue a cosy world of mystery and magic, walls concealed with layer-upon-layer of curious trinkets, each whispering some unique Irish fable. Exchange a traveller's tale, nod respectfully to the mysterious top-hat-wearing regular daydreaming in the corner and, as the night matures, lose yourself to the warm glow of hearty chinwag and clinking pint glasses.

Visited January 2014
8 Thank Magicmil
Shimonoseki, Japan
620 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 879 helpful votes
“nice Irish pub except smoking...”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I enjoyed the last night in Vienna at the Irish pub. It is genuine Irish except smoking inside. I hope they should find any compromised way... The jacket, etc. became full of smoky smell in a day. The barman is a very nice guy. So, I am worrying whether I should go back there or not. In 10 days, I am to stay in Vienna again.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank tadJapan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem! You gotta go!!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

What can I say but that I love this place! We stumbled across it completely on accident. I was traveling with two of my good friends around Europe and we were out that night with 3 girls we had met there in Vienna a few nights before. The bartender there, Chris, was great. We instantly hit it off because they carried VB (Victoria Bitter from Australia) and I hadn't had any since I lived down there years ago. We had an absolute blast there with the group. There's a ridiculous amount of stuff on the wall and even better - on the ceiling. It just makes the place cozy, nostalgic and timeless. We had so much fun there the first night that it wasn't even a question where we were headed to the next and final night there in Vienna. Chris was hilarious to talk to and everyone in the place was great. Just make sure they don't have to blow the horn or ring the bell on you. Haha. ;) I only wish I have the chance to get back there someday. Definitely my favorite Irish bar I've ever been to and that's saying a lot being that I've done a tour through Ireland before. Like I said, you gotta go!!!

Visited August 2013